Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Considering I Berenstain-bear'd myself with the packaging I get it. :lol
    Last edited by allegate; 10-05-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ok, wtf at this comment on that video:
    My guess is that it's someone with a not so great memory is conflating Quake with the first pressing of Broken that included the 3" mini-CD. To my knowledge, no version of Quake ever came with a Mini CD or a MiniDisc that could be played in a Walkman.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

This is a one man guitar pedal company. He's had some really shit luck this year, but luckily hasn't lost his sense of humor (note the caption).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Listening to this because it's free with my Audible subscription. Also, dude's an awesome narrator and probably makes every book better because of it.

Anyway, in the book he mentions going to an artist commune of a sort where they blast NIN. Nothing huge, but mainly I just wanted to let everyone know they should listen to this. If you have a kid, it's heart-breaking. If you're going to have a kid, it's heart-breaking. If you only have a sibling, it's heart-breaking. It's also pretty hilarious, so be fully prepared to laugh and then seconds later have tears in your eyes.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    OK, which one of you did it? Come clean now

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    OK, which one of you did it? Come clean now

This gave me a much needed smile. I like how they're kind of doing the Macarena at one point, LOL.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

A post shared by on

This is a one man guitar pedal company. He's had some really shit luck this year, but luckily hasn't lost his sense of humor (note the caption).

"Eight Inch Nail" just doesn't quite have the same effect, does it?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    @scorpiusdiamond Ask and ye shall receive!

...Here's an animated bar graph tracking NIN's top-20 setlist songs show-by-show through the years, put together by the excellent Sultans of Data:

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    NIN's top-20 setlist songs show-by-show through the years, put together by the excellent Sultans of Data:
    Data sourced from setlist.fm, which is surprisingly close to NINtourhistory.com.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    @scorpiusdiamond Ask and ye shall receive!

...Here's an animated bar graph tracking NIN's top-20 setlist songs show-by-show through the years, put together by the excellent Sultans of Data:

That was depressingly anticlimactic, and would've been infinitely more interesting had there instead been maybe the top 40 songs. But it was pretty amusing seeing Maybe Just Once and Sex Dwarf hang around for a bit lol.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Data sourced from setlist.fm, which is surprisingly close to NINtourhistory.com.
    Not too surprising considering most of setlist.fm's data was sourced from nintourhistory.com.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    That was depressingly anticlimactic, and would've been infinitely more interesting had there instead been maybe the top 40 songs. But it was pretty amusing seeing Maybe Just Once and Sex Dwarf hang around for a bit lol.
    I wonder what the full chart looks like? Did Sex Dwarf stay at 1 play??

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    I wonder what the full chart looks like? Did Sex Dwarf stay at 1 play??
    It probably did in the video creator's chart, but really there is no data on these early setlists. We only know the songs they played at the Irving Plaza show (first ever NIN tape and the only one from 1988) and the fact that they played Sanctified and Sex Dwarf at Cleveland show, thanks to Closure bonus footage. Every other setlist data from that year is just an educated guess. And 1989 as well. We have, like two or three recordings so we don't know if some shows were shorter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This video just popped up in my newsfeed from Boing Boing: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/14/wa...sa-c-1989.html

Anyone know of a non-watermarked copy?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feeblewitz View Post
    This video just popped up in my newsfeed from Boing Boing: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/14/wa...sa-c-1989.html

I haven’t seen a copy without watermarks. I think the only copy without watermark that exists is in this TV channel’s archive vault.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Check this thread out... Dance Party US fucking A

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Check this thread out... Dance Party US fucking A
    Un-watermarked version is pulled from YT as far as I can see. Hopefully many people saved it, and @Leviathant should still have his raw file, I hope.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Un-watermarked version is pulled from YT as far as I can see. Hopefully many people saved it, and @Leviathant should still have his raw file, I hope.
    Wow, it exists! Could you please share it?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post
    Wow, it exists! Could you please share it?
    It's not unwatermarked so much as kinda de-watermarked to the best of my ability, and I dubbed it with live audio from the era. I'm sure it's on my hard drive somewhere.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The next volume in the comic anthology inspired by NIN is here! My Beautiful Liar: Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails on Kickstarter

This is not my project, but I've backed every volume so far on Kickstarter. They've all been really enjoyable. Printing is top notch.

There are many variant options this time including foil covers and even one where you can have your own face drawn into it. Many of the options are available as add-ons as well (including past volumes), so if the main packages don't suit you, click on something barebones and add some more stuff in the add-on section.

I got the shiny edition (with the regular and foil versions of the normal cover), then added the variant cover and the "your face in the crowd" in the add-ons. Saved a little money as I didn't feel the need for the foil version of the variant.

Here's the regular cover (unfinished, obviously)

And the variant

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That Songexploder podcast is being televised on Netflix and will do Hurt in an episode (although personally I’d prefer Closer as people don’t need more opportunity to blather on about Cash doing it better!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The next volume in the comic anthology inspired by NIN is here! My Beautiful Liar: Stories Inspired by Nine Inch Nails on Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ine-inch-nails
    This looks really cool! Do you know how to get the previous volumes without pledging $400 for the Stories Inspired By NIN lBundle?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This looks really cool! Do you know how to get the previous volumes without pledging $400 for the Stories Inspired By NIN lBundle?
    They're available as add-ons when you select any of the other pledge levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're available as add-ons when you select any of the other pledge levels.
    Awesome, thanks!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is an old interview from 2011 but this explains what happened with the score for One Hour Photo - I did not know that Mark Romanek called up apologetically to cancel it in demo stages because the studio was pressuring him to go with a 'real composer'. How did i miss that?
    I'd always assumed he had rejected it

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...too-soundtrack

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Daphne Carr appears on a podcast to talk about NIN getting into RnR HoF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im listening to The Renner Files https://www.therennerfiles.com/, a true crime podcast about “extra af” Jeremy Renners failed app. In Episode 3 they talk about the 2009 NIN app being one of very few successful celebrity apps, including having an actor (Dan Millstein) reenact TRs voice reading quotes. Its actually a really interesting and entertaining listen.
    Last edited by EvilGobi; 10-17-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This is 10 years old but still:

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Watching Georgia vs Alabama. New GMC commercial features Trent/Atticus/Karen O version of Immigrant Song.

EDIT: found it on the old Twatter...

https://twitter.com/gmc/status/1317185307360563206?s=21

Last edited by Krazy; 10-17-2020 at 09:26 PM.