I started a wrestling thread back when the site re-launched in 2011 that's quite popular, and more geared towards the current landscape. I watch mostly old matches on YouTube and the WWE Network now. Rather than try and hijack that conversation I thought I'd start one anew here, about well, how it used to be. I'm a 90's kid so I was of the last generation before the internet, when wrestling on TV was vastly different. Then the Monday Night Wars changed everything. That was really an amazing time to be a fan, both shows head to head like that every week.

I don't mean to sound so old about it but I can't follow the new stuff with any interest much. Watching WWE after the downfall and purchase of WCW was met with diminishing returns as far as interest or investment eventually. I figure I stopped watching Raw weekly by the time I went full into streaming in 2014, when watching live networks wasn't as possible as it is now. I find that I really don't miss it much, except when watching old stuff. It's been exciting in and of itself though, discovering classics like this.

I realize this may seem strange to find here, but I want to make the case for this as a TV genre of it's own and maybe worthy of being in Le Cinema as a result.