Page 32 of 129 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Saints Row 4... It's really fun.. I wasn't expecting much, I wasn't even going to buy it until my wife came home with it. I liked Saints Row the Third a lot, but that was mostly due to the co-op, and my co-op buddy has jumped platform to PC after his PS3 melted, my PC can't handle 3D graphics beyond 2007.. But as a single player game it makes (a little) sense.. It's pretty much GTA meets South Park meets The Matrix meets Infamous. I've giggled away at the game far too much to be healthy already..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Do you main Yukiko or someone else?

I used to play as Yu but Aki plays more to my style than Yu does.
    I main Yukijo... I haven't really expanded elsewhere yet, I usually take zoners like her or ermac in fighting games. I tried to learn a bit with elizabeth, but not having a burst is too vulnerable. And shes bad at mixing up whereas yukiko can be conpletely unpredictable.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pokemon Crystal. This shit is baller.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    been playing Final Fantasy XIV, and now that some of the technical issues are getting patched, the game is pretty awesome. Anyone else here playing it? If you're on the Malboro NA/EU server, say hello.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Going to start Max Payne 3 soon. Anything I should know beforehand? I haven't played the first 2, but the gameplay looks great and it was only $10 so I couldn't pass it up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I main Yukijo... I haven't really expanded elsewhere yet, I usually take zoners like her or ermac in fighting games. I tried to learn a bit with elizabeth, but not having a burst is too vulnerable. And shes bad at mixing up whereas yukiko can be conpletely unpredictable.
    You should try out Naoto. You might like her play style.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    You should try out Naoto. You might like her play style.
    Yeah I've noticed that Naoto, who is a she today, has that kind of playstyle, but I've never jived with him/her flavorwise. Not to say she isn't a well written character, just not my favorite in the game. and that's important.

I'm also playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. It's so bittersweet. this could have been the PERFECT TMNT game. The graphcis are top notch and the core game design is what you would want. The story... works out, and there's a lot of personality in that game. But boy is it glitchy and unreliable. WTF it's like have that perfect ice cream sunday melt before your eyes. Sad story. Still worth checking out if you can spare the 15 bucks. might be more fun with friends, haven't tried yet.

Also playing Saints Row 4. I got to the last mission, maxed out all the side quests but at a certain point in the mission the game freezes... so... fuck...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    State of Decay is fun, zombie survival with survival strategy, outposts, allies, rationing supplies. It has permadeath, if a main person dies, they're gone. Time passes and events continue when you're not playing. Give he trial a spin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS. Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7 online, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Crimson Shroud.

And Hotline Miami on VITA. If you haven't played Hotline Miami yet..do so.
    Last edited by getbonus; 09-04-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Madden 25
    Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
    Saints Row The Third (occasionally).
    Persona 1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

A lot more interesting/fun than I was expecting. Not on Enemy Unknown's level, but a decent Mass Effect-esque shooter with strong strategy elements.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Brogue. It's glorious.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Odin Sphere, PS2. I got 95% of the way through this game years ago and never finished it, trying to rectify that now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by getbonus View Post
    SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
    How are you liking this? I thought it was great, but it really feels outdated.

Over all a good game though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Free with Games with Gold on Xbox Live. I dabbled with the physical game and have some decks somewhere in my closet from over ten years ago. These arcade games always interested me and I almost bought 2014 a few weeks ago. Glad to see/hear that 2013 was for free download. I'm having fun with it. I'm not so bad at the game either.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Free with Games with Gold on Xbox Live. I dabbled with the physical game and have some decks somewhere in my closet from over ten years ago. These arcade games always interested me and I almost bought 2014 a few weeks ago. Glad to see/hear that 2013 was for free download. I'm having fun with it. I'm not so bad at the game either.
    My other home on the internet is a magic message board!

I tried to start a thread about the card gane a few time but there wasnt enough interest. I think heroicraptor is a mod on that board... Maybe i should try again?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My other home on the internet is a magic message board!

I tried to start a thread about the card gane a few time but there wasnt enough interest. I think heroicraptor is a mod on that board... Maybe i should try again?
    I had a starter kit back in the day and I'd be game for a thread here. I'm still a relative new noob so...create away.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've been dicking around in Garrys Mod quite a bit today. Still no idea what I'm doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Brogue. It's glorious.

Fantastic roguelike. And, I know we don't play roguelikes for the way they look, but Brogue manages to make ascii really pretty.

(okay okay I know it's not really ascii but you know what I mean)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    been playing Final Fantasy XIV, and now that some of the technical issues are getting patched, the game is pretty awesome. Anyone else here playing it? If you're on the Malboro NA/EU server, say hello.
    I am really enjoying FFXIV:ARR. I played since the original launch, and they've done a phenomenal job of reinventing the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I chucked The Last of Us back in my PS3 after not playing it for a couple months. I was half way through the story on Survivor difficulty when I had to go into hospital for two weeks and since returning home I'd been reluctant to continue purely because I suck at first and third person games on consoles (i like my keyboard and mouse).

Man I had forgotten how good the actual game was. So fucking brutal but so beautiful too. The part with the Spoiler: giraffes after the battle with Spoiler: David is done so damn well. Just the way it hits those beats, going from insane fucked up shit happening to that moment Elle see's the Spoiler: girrafes and just the way her voice changes and you can feel some of her innocence returning is genius. With the addition of the awesome score, that has to be the most touching part of the game and probably my favourite. I'm gonna assume this sounds weird to anyone who hasn't played and is reading the spoilers, lol.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    I am really enjoying FFXIV:ARR. I played since the original launch, and they've done a phenomenal job of reinventing the game.
    So its good???
    If it is... I might bite. Whats the gameplay like? How does it compare to other final fantasys? I havent played almost any mmos.... Am i looking at getting steanrolled

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

So its good???
    If it is... I might bite. Whats the gameplay like? How does it compare to other final fantasys? I havent played almost any mmos.... Am i looking at getting steanrolled
    I played the beta on ps3. It seemed pretty cool. Felt kinda weird with a controller. But I'm assuming you could play with mouse and keyboard? Because I didn't really care for the control scheme. Wasn't terrible. Just didn't feel "right" to me. What's the monthly fee?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ill be playing on a ps3 if i do.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Ill be playing on a ps3 if i do.
    I've been playing on the PS3 for several accumulated hours now, and I enjoy it. I have a keyboard attached, but have only used it during login and for chat. I find that their controller action hotbar layout works rather well.

Regarding gameplay, it's more of an action rpg style. The environment navigation is similar to FF12, in that you see the enemies on screen and interact with them directly. You can freely change between combat, crafting, and gathering classes, so you aren't locked in to any class, though they do make you stick to your initial one until it reaches level 10. However, it is pretty easy to get to that point, as they have a ton of relatively simple quests that direct you where to go and what to do. It's also fairly solo-friendly, with a nice ad hoc party system for doing group-based content that automatically matches you with others just for the event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody else been playing Outlast? Preeeetty fucking creepy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Resident Evil 2.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Resident Evil 2.
    Which story?

Claire A will always be my favorite.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Claire A yeah. Made it to the sewers without a save then died. Fucking Sherry.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Alright. I'm jumping on this fucking FFXIV bandwagon, if only because i've never played any MMO, and might as wel give it a shot.

Trying to become a Black Mage, first. I don't have a mic, but i do have a keyboard and am down for some ETS bullshitting in anime land.