Page 41 of 129 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 3848

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Busted out Tiger '12 for some relaxing golf. Throwing your controller is not relaxing, and I am 31.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some Older games I have played recently for the first time:

Infamous 1 and 2, LA Noire and are about to start playing the Uncharted series.

Since they are also free on PS Plus this month I might also get into Metro: Last Light (since I've been interested in playing it) and Remember Me (yeah I've heard this is a mix bag). Just killing sometime til March when Titanfall, Infamous: Second Son, and Metal Gear come out

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Just killing sometime til March when Titanfall, Infamous: Second Son, and Metal Gear come out
    And Dark Souls 2 and South Park, as well!

That waiting til March is such a thing right now, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    March is going to be a very expensive month. The FFX collection also comes out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So Spinal is now out for Killer Instinct and I couldn't be more happy, especially with my first Ranked Match win as him. Boom. I just de-ranked this guy, the ultra combo at the end felt nice (even if I missed the final blow ugh)!

Fuck me sideways, I'm actually beastly on ranked for this game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So Spinal is now out for Killer Instinct and I couldn't be more happy, especially with my first Ranked Match win as him. Boom. I just de-ranked this guy, the ultra combo at the end felt nice (even if I missed the final blow ugh)!

Fuck me sideways, I'm actually beastly on ranked for this game.
    For some reason i cant get match makind to work for me in KI, any thoughts? Also, having a hard time reading combo breakers, that shit is hard.... Any advice?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    For some reason i cant get match makind to work for me in KI, any thoughts? Also, having a hard time reading combo breakers, that shit is hard.... Any advice?
    Is your NAT Type Open? Moderate? I've found matchmaking is kinda broken on Xbox One if you have anything other than Open for the NAT Type.

As for advice, watch the movements and damage your enemy does. If you time it right and predict the button they hit for the punch or kick (Light, Medium or Heavy) correctly, you'll end their combo and replenish some health. It's very trial and error. I am decent at combo breakers but the guy in the video I just uploaded must've broke at least 8 of my combos during that match. Was a pain.

The combo breakers work similarly and as well as the linkers and openers as far as timing goes. I assume you know about how those work? I'd recommend trying to practice combo breakers in the Dojo and Practice modes. If all else fails, use random button inputs and right timing to try and get them out of the combo. I suggest using the right stick for doing that if you suck at them. Tapping it down breaks Low and Medium and up breaks heavy I believe.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I get how they work, its just the part where you have to match light medium or heavy that fucks me up. I just default to medium? Lol how am i supposed to know what theyre doing? Just experience?

How woukd i go about opening my NAT type?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I get how they work, its just the part where you have to match light medium or heavy that fucks me up. I just default to medium? Lol how am i supposed to know what theyre doing? Just experience?

How woukd i go about opening my NAT type?
    The character models move differently and the attacks are either quicker or slower. Very trial and error but once you recognize the attack inputs it becomes easier.

Go to My Games and Apps > Settings > Network and test your Xbox Live Connection. If it has no issues it'll auto set your NAT type to open. If you test it and it doesn't set to Open do a cold boot/restart of the system. It'll reset.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It said it was open... So i wonder why it doesnt work...

Also Im playing The Wolf Among Us and its fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god, the Skyrim, I can't stop! I have Halo:Reach and GTAV, haven't opened either of them!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got my hands on the limited edition Zelda 3DS and picked up a copy of Pokemon Y after a co-worker said should check it out. Damn, that game addicting. I've hardly played any of my other games since getting it and I've almost beaten it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Downloaded Outlast from PS+. Played for about 90 min. Fuckin jump scares.

Am I going to have to have any previous knowledge of what happened in Infamous 1 and 2 when I start Second Son? I preordered it because it looks awesome but I haven't played any of the previous titles.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Classic Doom!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Downloaded Outlast from PS+. Played for about 90 min. Fuckin jump scares.

Am I going to have to have any previous knowledge of what happened in Infamous 1 and 2 when I start Second Son? I preordered it because it looks awesome but I haven't played any of the previous titles.
    Second Son is a fresh start title. It's almost more confusing if you DID play the previous games!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good to know ^^^ Thanks! Just about a month and a half to wait now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Bravely Default

Unfortunately i picked up this game, digitally, before someone warned me about the pacing towards the end of the game. When i found out about that i was struck with some serious buyers remorse. If you dont know, apparently the game makes you do the last 4 dungeons 5 times each. With the same boss and the same dungeon....

That said th game is .pretty decent. The story is made up entirely of tropes, your not missing out on anything new here. The ganeplay is unique, really its the saving grace of the whole thing.

the last big RPGs i played were Ni No Kuni and Persona 4. And this compares very unfavorably to both, and to the final fantasy games that its trying to be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Lost Odyssey (360)
    How is this? I've been looking for a good JRPG since FF12.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    DayZ. Is anyone playing DayZ Standalone?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Metal Gear 1 and 2, for the first time ever! This shit is HARD. But I like it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Jazzpunk was released on Friday, and I started it today. Game's fucking weird; it's sort of sandbox-y because you're dropped into a new environment with side-quests for each mission, and the humor is great, kind of reminds me of The Stanley Parable's sense of humor.

I also finished Octodad recently - god, that game is too frustrating. It's also too short, and I think Jazzpunk is the same length, too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Flappy Bird

I'm starting World of Goo again. I forgot how much I love this game!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Peace Walker. At least until I pick up Lightning Returns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just beat Ico for the first time last night, loved it, absolutely beautiful game. Gonna start up another Shadow of the Colossus play through soon.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been playing Persona 4 Arena online again just so I can get to level 30 and be done with it once and for all (online anyways) and ever since I've hit level 20, it's been nothing but Kanji grab spammers. That's seriously all I ever go up against and the reason why everyone plays as Kanji is because of his grab (that highly needs to be nerfed) that's unblockable. I go up against this guy once and all he does is the grab over and over again and I lose. I go up against him again since he popped up in ranked match and he tries to do the same grab bullshit but by some miracle, I make a crazy comeback and proceed to beat the shit out of the guy.

I'd post the hate mail that I got after the match, but there was way too many racial slurs in the message.

I saved the match and decided to upload the match to my Facebook just because the victory was so so sooooo sweet.

Long story short; when playing fighters online, play dirty because that's all anyone ever does is play dirty.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203357234998047&stream_ref=10

With also brief @Piko cameo.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 02-11-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Civ 5.
    Got the full game and all DLC for £12 on the humble bundle... thats crazy value.. oh wait WHERE IS MY TIME GOING?!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    returning to Albion with Fable Anniversary. the textures are great, although i apparently forgot that the game could be such a button masher sometimes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Playing Dishonored. I got it awhile ago and am really giving it a chance now. I love it so far. Blink has to be one of the best things ever. I want to get the DLC for sure. Corvo is also a complete badass.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I've been playing Persona 4 Arena online again just so I can get to level 30 and be done with it once and for all (online anyways) and ever since I've hit level 20, it's been nothing but Kanji grab spammers. That's seriously all I ever go up against and the reason why everyone plays as Kanji is because of his grab (that highly needs to be nerfed) that's unblockable. I go up against this guy once and all he does is the grab over and over again and I lose. I go up against him again since he popped up in ranked match and he tries to do the same grab bullshit but by some miracle, I make a crazy comeback and proceed to beat the shit out of the guy.

I'd post the hate mail that I got after the match, but there was way too many racial slurs in the message.

I saved the match and decided to upload the match to my Facebook just because the victory was so so sooooo sweet.

Long story short; when playing fighters online, play dirty because that's all anyone ever does is play dirty.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203357234998047&stream_ref=10

With also brief @Piko cameo.
    What a loser. I hate people that play fighting games like that online. I mean I get if you lack skill but why is all you do is the same input and the same command the entire match? Boring if you ask me.

I played a match on Injustice: Gods Among Us on Sunday and all the guy did I was against was spam Deathstroke's across the screen rifle fire. Needless to say I lost pretty badly. So cheap, especially when you have a CQC character like I had.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Civ 5.
    Got the full game and all DLC for £12 on the humble bundle... thats crazy value.. oh wait WHERE IS MY TIME GOING?!!
    Check out the Steam Workshop. There are mods there. They're really easy to install.

You can thank me when you're 97 years old and have spent ALL the intervening time playing Civ. You might be physically incapable of saying anything other than "just one more turn", but I'll get the sentiment.