Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
it's GREAT, but in a wildly different way. The books are very, very different. While TFD is a short, concise, epilogue of sorts, The Secret History is a much longer, rambling exercise in world building. It connects the world of Twin Peaks to everything from Lewis and Clark to Richard Nixon to old UFO conspiracies and the illuminati and Crowley.

So to answer your question, YES, it IS as good. But it's WAY more about mysteries than giving answers.

Ultimately, it's canon. It's written by Mark and features Twin Peaks throughout. And it's also in universe: it's another document from within the twin peaks world.

You personally @henryeatscereal ? You will fucking LOVE it I think, just as I did. And you MIGHT like it better, just because it's much longer!
@henryeatscereal - my favorite part of those books, even though it bothers some folks, is that they are somewhat inconsistent with the timeline, ages of characters, etc. And I love that because it makes it feel like more of a human document than anything else. That's my two cents with it. I adore both of those books because of the doors they opened since I was getting into Twin Peaks for the first time last year. I couldn't put down the Final Dossier when it arrived in the mail.