Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Any fluent Spanish speakers care to translate the dialogue at the beginning of the Corona Capital video? I assume it's something akin to, "Everyone seems to be asleep."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What time are they on?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I, personally, absolutely loved that live Q&A they just streamed. Some of the crowd members asked better questions than some professional interviewers have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I, personally, absolutely loved that live Q&A they just streamed. Some of the crowd members asked better questions than some professional interviewers have.
    Wait, there was a Q&A?? I feel way behind tonight, I thought they would be on now...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm has Sin, Sanctified, HMIAIH, HIS, and GBDTD so far tonight. Isn’t this one at a really tiny venue? There might not be a lot of people keeping tabs on it.
    Last edited by K-Rice; 11-19-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Wait, there was a Q&A?? I feel way behind tonight, I thought they would be on now...
    I’m not sure what the circumstances were, but I was working on rearranging my apartment when I’d noticed a notification from the official NIN page for a live stream of some kind, turned out to be a hosted Q&A from the show floor for tonight’s show, and consisted of a handful of questions from 10-15 fans in the crowd.

Edit: The video is still available if you’re interested!
    https://www.facebook.com/sopitas/vid...2125893209738/
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’m not sure what the circumstances were, but I was working on rearranging my apartment when I’d noticed a notification from the official NIN page for a live stream of some kind, turned out to be a hosted Q&A from the show floor for tonight’s show, and consisted of a handful of questions from 10-15 fans in the crowd.

Edit: The video is still available if you’re interested!
    https://www.facebook.com/sopitas/vid...2125893209738/
    this rules.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did they stream the whole festival show? Will there finally be a good (full) soundboard recording of Mr. Self Destruct?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Did they stream the whole festival show? Will there finally be a good (full) soundboard recording of Mr. Self Destruct?
    Soundboard? Yes. Full show? Yes. But the quality of the audio stream wasn't good enough.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Soundboard? Yes. Full show? Yes. But the quality of the audio stream wasn't good enough.
    It sounded very similar to the Sonic Mania IEM but compressed as hell. It was still alot better than Mad Cool and you could hear what the band members were contributing.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-19-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It sounded very similar to the Sonic Mania IEM but compressed as hell. It was still alot better than Mad Cool and you could hear what the band members were contributing.
    The compressed as hell part was the main problem for me, but better than nothing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Any fluent Spanish speakers care to translate the dialogue at the beginning of the Corona Capital video? I assume it's something akin to, "Everyone seems to be asleep."
    It was Portuguese, and it was the same sample that Portishead use at the beginning of their song Silence. Traslated it would be something like "be alert to the rules of the three, what you give will return to you".

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    It was Portuguese, and it was the same sample that Portishead use at the beginning of their song Silence. Traslated it would be something like "be alert to the rules of the three, what you give will return to you".
    Yeah, it's Portishead
    When i attended the show i was waithing for "The Fireman", but it never came, instead whe got the HTDA song and then the intro for Portishead's "Silence" started to play, then it went to Mr Self Destruct's" "punches", i thought it was kind of a fuck up by the DJ.

Funny fact: i saw Portishead in the very same stage and festival, back in 2011...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-20-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Re: sound quality

I think recent Metal and Ahead of Ourselves live clips sound pretty bad, as does NIN returns to the stage/Bakersfield video from last year. What gives?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Re: more tickets just released to the NOLA shows. Did they just pull a KISS and up the price of the tickets? Thought they were about $100 when they first went on sale, these non-resale on TM are now approaching $170.

FWIW Im not gonna blame TR for this, I’m assuming it’s the promoters doing this shit- assuming tickets are indeed priceier right now.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Re: more tickets just released to the NOLA shows. Did they just pull a KISS and up the price of the tickets? Thought they were about $100 when they first went on sale, these non-resale on TM are now approaching $170.
    They might actually be cheaper. There are a couple ticket images on craigslist for Orch level seats which are $179.50 each.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    They might actually be cheaper. There are a couple ticket images on craigslist for Orch level seats which are $179.50 each.
    Yup, looking at some old posts in the NOLA specific show thread and it lines up. VERY small seated venue, have fun kids! Wish I could be there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wonder if there’ll be a ton of people on a ‘pilgrimage’ to visit Trents old house and studio? Getting vicariously excited on behalf of the people going that there will be a lot more Fragile love at this show. I still remember hearing that album for the first time while doing some mundane task and being swept away by it, ended up having to phone my sister to rave about it, probably the Sunday after release

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Wonder if there’ll be a ton of people on a ‘pilgrimage’ to visit Trents old house and studio? Getting vicariously excited on behalf of the people going that there will be a lot more Fragile love at this show. I still remember hearing that album for the first time while doing some mundane task and being swept away by it, ended up having to phone my sister to rave about it, probably the Sunday after release
    I've visited the studio twice in the past few years just show my friends. I remember the first time realizing what it was back in 2010 when I coincidentally parked across the street because I had a gig at the bar nearby.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm really anxious to see tonight's set. I was very close to splurging and buying tickets to at least two NOLA shows. I just have this feeling that something special is gonna happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be one of those no update nights, isn't it :/

Edit: even this thread is dead.
    Last edited by Esperanzan; 11-23-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be one of those no update nights, isn't it :/

Edit: even this thread is dead.
    I feel your frustration. Digging through Instagram for clues, so far I've seen clips of Reptile and TPD...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdeep View Post
    I feel your frustration. Digging through Instagram for clues, so far I've seen clips of Reptile and TPD...
    I saw a MotP clip which is hardly a shocking revelation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Set is up. Not particularly exciting but that's alright for night 1.
    Last edited by Esperanzan; 11-23-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Where?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Where?
    setlist.fm

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...a-397c18f.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    We have reached the point where the perfect drug, and all the love in the world accounts for a not that exciting night

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hell no we have not! Tonights setlist is great. The Lovers into This isnt the place.....All the love and Even Deeper for an encore!?! Im excited for those who were there. The 30th cant get here soon enough!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This Isn't The Place, Reptile, Sin, The Perfect Drug, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves. Ohhh man that setlist was on a fucking tear right there. A few of those songs are my favorites.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think it's just because the setlist watchers have seen most of the variations in the sets at this piont in the tour. But there's still room for surprises - AATCHB was only a couple shows ago, so was Starfuckers. And these sets are, individually, all absolutely incredible. If you picked any single show from this tour and showed it to someone from before the tour started, they would lose their shit. Any of these sets.