Thread: 2018.09.26-27 Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hey ho!

I called the Box Office this morning and spoke w/ the lovely Adrina who was so very helpful. Here is the deets for all you freeks.

- She didn't have the breakdown of cost to section but @FULLMETAL 's findings are likely reasonably close to what is to be expected (e.g. it's expensive to be so close).
    - There is no GA so ORCH PIT will have seats.
    - They are expecting us!
    - We can't line up near the box office under the arcade (the inset front of the Fox) until 8am.
    - It wasn't known yet if they'll open all windows but I imagine after 10am they would since it will take *foooreever* to sell tickets with just one and people deciding on what seats they want.
    - But we can line up off to the side on the sidewalk starting on the Peachtree side.
    - Don't be *too* early because police will be out and about monitoring things. So let's stay classy. :-)
    - So even if we do line up fairly early (like maybe 12am?! too early) don't be too surprised if police want us to leave or move us.
    The 'sidewalk' is the domain of the City of Atlanta after all.
    - They are looking at best way to manage things in the AM including numbering. I did encourage this personally as it
    reduces stress on us early peeps and would for them as well so we're not bunched around the side.

I didn't get details about extra since it's better to be surprised in my view but feel free to call yourself if you want to know more beyond the one record store planning to be there. :-)

I am driving up tonight and probably will be around there sometime around 3 or 4am.
    Then I am going back to my hotel and passing right out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Hey ho!

I called the Box Office this morning and spoke w/ the lovely Adrina who was so very helpful. Here is the deets for all you freeks.

- She didn't have the breakdown of cost to section but @FULLMETAL's findings are likely reasonably close to what is to be expected (e.g. it's expensive to be so close).
    - There is no GA so ORCH PIT will have seats.
    - They are expecting us!
    - We can't line up near the box office under the arcade (the inset front of the Fox) until 8am.
    - It wasn't known yet if they'll open all windows but I imagine after 10am they would since it will take *foooreever* to sell tickets with just one and people deciding on what seats they want.
    - But we can line up off to the side on the sidewalk starting on the Peachtree side.
    - Don't be *too* early because police will be out and about monitoring things. So let's stay classy. :-)
    - So even if we do line up fairly early (like maybe 12am?! too early) don't be too surprised if police want us to leave or move us.
    The 'sidewalk' is the domain of the City of Atlanta after all.
    - They are looking at best way to manage things in the AM including numbering. I did encourage this personally as it
    reduces stress on us early peeps and would for them as well so we're not bunched around the side.

I didn't get details about extra since it's better to be surprised in my view but feel free to call yourself if you want to know more beyond the one record store planning to be there. :-)

I am driving up tonight and probably will be around there sometime around 3 or 4am.
    Then I am going back to my hotel and passing right out!
    I'll be there around 3:30 AM if you want to meet up