Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Best episode in a long a while, easily top 5 for me! Can't wait what they will be doing next week, but probably have another filler episode thrown in as usual... There has rarely been a show on television that I'm so invested in, yet so often dissapointed by bad writing, anti-climatic structures and silly deus ex machina moments. But here I am, still watching so they must be doing something right.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The intro was great but everything thereafter in s3e3 was a huge downgrade. This new arc is boring and uninspired (too much like the Andor cubicle farm arc) and the two actors involved are a snoozefest. Plus I can see where this is going and...ugh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have been watching but I'm starting to feel like maybe continuing The Mandalorian is a mistake on Disney's part....This season is uninteresting and I find myself having to remind myself to watch the new episode.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I thought the third episode was great but what do I know?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wonder if she is tidying up loose ends or is a true believer for Gideon... or if she was just doing a "Mr. Big" sting operation with malicious biscuit eating at the end.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Katy O'Brian, the actress playing Elia Kane, would make a great Abby in the second season of The Last of Us.

Also:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I wonder if she is tidying up loose ends or is a true believer for Gideon... or if she was just doing a "Mr. Big" sting operation with malicious biscuit eating at the end.
    To me, she's def. trying to spring Gideon out of prison/restart his goals with cloning. She is probably working for General Thrawn who is coming back soon. The ships that attacked Mando & Bo Katan in episode 3 are probably from his fleet as well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was a little surprised that Jar Jar Binks was the one who saved Grogu but hey I guess they have to tie the prequels in somehow.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was a little surprised that Jar Jar Binks was the one who saved Grogu but hey I guess they have to tie the prequels in somehow.

haha they can't throw that guy a bone? I didn't mind it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah, considering Ahmed Best nearly killed himself due to everyone being so full on about their dislike of Jar Jar i thought this was a great opportunity for him to try something else, it's kinda wholesome that he's the guy to save Grogu.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My bad, I didn't mean to sound like I was disparaging him. I know one of the producers for Jedi Temple Challenge and they said that a big push behind the scenes was to bring Ahmed Best back for the Jedi role because of the shit he took during the prequels.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Gotta say, I've been in a really dark place for the last couple of weeks and I wept watching that video of Ahmed.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-26-2023 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    okay, so... she's Gideon loyalist. And I highly doubt she's the only one.

...and I caught the ending of Bad Batch S2...

Yeah, I'll be watching S3 for plot resolutions.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-03-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought that The Mandalorian was pretty good. I haven't watched the other shows, just seen clips. Looks like bad fan-fiction, i.e, a precocious Princess Leia outsmarting adults, Vader and Obi-Wan dueling, years before their showdown on the Death Star. None of that seems like canon, more like Disney beating the life out of a dying franchise. It reminds me of that awful The Crow TV show and bad sequels.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-03-2023 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Holy cameos Batman! Too much stunt casting in the newest episode, but overall I still liked the episode. Seems like we're not gonna move things along too much this season though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I'm in!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the first season was alright, should be more of that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so... Dark Troopers.

Also... BAD BABY, NO SQUEEZIE!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    so... Dark Troopers.

Also... BAD BABY, NO SQUEEZIE!
    I was watching the clip of that scene again on YT with the Anzellan and someone brought up that it sounds like he's saying "i'm out muthafuckas" as he walks away.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Part of me is really liking this season but the other part of me is thinking, "This is how they explain the sequel trilogy" and I don't like that at all. We're in prequel mode where lots of cool shit is happening to explain stupid movie ideas and since they can't deviate from the end result it's going to be awesome events and characters that all will be moot by the last episode.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The Mando finale went a long way towards rectifying the problems of this season. Things moved a little fast for my liking, and I really didn't like what happened with the DarkSabre. But overall it was really entertaining & I can't help but being a total mark for Grogu.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I liked the way it eneded and am looking forward to what comes next for the characters... lots of potential branching out here.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-24-2023 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally caught up on all of Mando due to a very busy month. For an intermediate Star Wars fan (still not managed to sit through all of Clone Wars and Rebels yet, but still pretty up to scratch on lore) I found it really satisfying.

The complaints about this season not being focused enough on Din Djarin is a bit short sighted. How much more is there to him now? Unfortunately he's not that deep of a character to explore any more. I found it much more interesting to see the evolution of the separated tribes and especially Spoiler: Bo Katan's redemption.

Re the Darksaber: Spoiler: I feel that was a demonstration of "you don't actually need this object to be the ruler of Mandalore, it's just within you", which - as hokey as that seems - makes a lot of sense. Bo Katan has been through it and so to come out the other side on top, that's all that's needed really.

I felt like they could have left the show there? Spoiler: Moff Gideon is gone, Grogu is an apprentice, the Mandalorians have Mandalore again, what else is there? Could have been wrapped up and we could have moved on to new stories. But nah, its Disney+'s cash cow now, so they'll drag it out some more.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    People are sick of Star Track.

Oh. Wait. Star WARS?

So. What is the consensus on the...is it Andor? I REALLY dug Rouge One...
    So, ok.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So. What is the consensus on the...is it Andor? I REALLY dug Rouge One...
    So, ok.
    Dunno about consensus... but I really liked it. You'll need to give more than one episode though to get into it...

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Dunno about consensus... but I really liked it. You'll need to give more than one episode though to get into it...
    Hey, I'm down for that...giving it time.
    I'm sick as fuck, of course, so I'm not doing MUCH.

Also, I'm a huge Lynch fan. Hell, all of our pets are named after Twin Peaks characters. So, SURELY I can handle a SW tv show.

Now, Star TRACK? That's a different ballgame.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Re the Darksaber: I feel that was a demonstration of "you don't actually need this object to be the ruler of Mandalore, it's just within you", which - as hokey as that seems - makes a lot of sense. Bo Katan has been through it and so to come out the other side on top, that's all that's needed really
    I just meant how easily it was destroyed. Kinda ridiculous. I agree w/you re: Katan's leadership.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Now, Star TRACK? That's a different ballgame.