Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and forget the "anonyMUSH" thing... what the fuck is he rambling about with that "they put he but that was probably a little disguise so it's a she?" What in the actual Princess-Bride shell-game fuck is this?
    Just his sexism on display. "A MAN would never do that. Only a sad, pathetic WOMAN would do something so terrible. Aren't women the worst??!"

That's what that line was about.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    What the fuck was that?

I keep getting told we're supposed to see people from both sides of the aisle coming together to have conversations. But the right is trying to look into tech companies censoring conservative voices.....and this is what's we're worried about?

Is this what we're supposed to be responding to? Is this what we're supposed to be considering when the right wing says that we don't listen to their voices? Maybe there's a reason we're not listening.

Maybe it's because you're stupid and nothing of value comes out of your mouth.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the deal is the right is never censored they just like to cry about it, and have a president who is sympathetic to their whining a for example diamond and silk black pro trump appear as fox news panelists claimed to have been censored on Facebook here's the thing with high tech and claiming banning it's pretty easy to prove you can see traffic on the internet if you're banned or censored, no traffic a view of something like google analytics in diamond and silks case there was still traffic to and from Facebook their numbers were down to their personal website not a ban look the algorithms for youtube twitter are very complex and usually rolled out as a minor update and receive little or no QA ask anyone who's tried to monetize anything using youtube or Facebook. remember to scrutinize anyone screaming conspiracy or ban if money is involed
    -louie

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    As a counterpoint, why is it suddenly so hard to find the video of Donald Trump calling up Alex Jones and thanking him on Infowars and praising him, and saying he's going to be very happy?

Why does a google search for "Donald Trump praises alex jones" not pull that up at all? I can't find it.

The video clip for me, on this link, has nothing to do AT ALL with the headline: https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/polit...nes/index.html
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-09-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    As a counterpoint, why is it suddenly so hard to find the video of Donald Trump calling up Alex Jones and thanking him on Infowars and praising him, and saying he's going to be very happy?

Why does a google search for "Donald Trump praises alex jones" not pull that up at all? I can't find it.

The video clip for me, on this link, has nothing to do AT ALL with the headline: https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/polit...nes/index.html
    Are you sure there was video of that? I only read about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    between Woodward the op-ed if feel like the wheels are coming off this shitty administration. this guy is unfit for the office the only thing keeping it afloat is the economy. the reality of the tax cuts and tariffs have yet to hit. china will strike back and will do so in a political fashion as they did with soybeans focusing on trump voters and supporters. trump is neither intelligent or even curious he is very lazy believes his own hype. this is dangerous.
    -louie

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Are you sure there was video of that? I only read about it.
    100% sure, and it’s straight up strange how hard it is to find it now

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Democrats need to be putting out ads on every commercial break every day in the greater San Diego, Jacksonville, Yuma, Twentynine Palms, etc. areas with just 30 seconds of a black screen and the text:

"Donald Trump has the understanding of a fifth- or sixth-grader." - Gen. "Mad Dog" Mattis, Trump appointed Secretary of Defense

I worked on a Marine base for 8 years and a religious reverence for Mattis was the one constant I observed between every service member.
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 09-09-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Democrats need to be putting out ads on every commercial break every day in the greater San Diego, Jacksonville, Yuma, Twentynine Palms, etc. areas with just 30 seconds of a black screen and the text:

"Donald Trump has the understanding of a fifth- or sixth-grader." - Gen. "Mad Dog" Mattis, Trump appointed Secretary of Defense

I worked on a Marine base for 8 years and a religious reverence for Mattis was the one constant I observed between every military employee.
    I work with Trumpets every day. All that ad would get is a "fake news" murmur and an eye roll. There's no getting to his voters. They're the victims of an abusive relationship. The only way they're going to get better is when someone else takes their man away from them (hopefully via the 2020 general).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I work with Trumpets every day. All that ad would get is a "fake news" murmur and an eye roll. There's no getting to his voters. They're the victims of an abusive relationship. The only way they're going to get better is when someone else takes their man away from them (hopefully via the 2020 general).
    No I don't think it'd sway people who identify primarily as "Trump voters." But I think the sort of undying loyalty those people feel towards Trump is analogous to the way Marines feel towards Mattis. Mattis could quit his job, go on Fox News and say "'Rah killers! Vote this unhinged maniac psychopath out!" and that would be enough to swing the entirety of the USMC towards Trump's competitor.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think this is the first time in trumps life he has ever faced any real adversity with out his dad or Cohen. the shine is definitely wearing thin. as much as America loves an under dog they love watching the mighty fall even more. mueller is going be in overdrive after the midterms. if the re pubs pull off the midterms. trump will be literally mad with power. think he is untouchable and things get really scary.
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No I don't think it'd sway people who identify primarily as "Trump voters." But I think the sort of undying loyalty those people feel towards Trump is analogous to the way Marines feel towards Mattis. Mattis could quit his job, go on Fox News and say "'Rah killers! Vote this unhinged maniac psychopath out!" and that would be enough to swing the entirety of the USMC towards Trump's competitor.
    The words coming straight out of Mattis's mouth ON Fox News is wayyyyyyyyyy different than a black screen with a quote. I'm much more inclined to believe your second quote would sway USMC members from voting for Don. But that doesn't mean they would vote for someone else. If they still hate someone else just as much, they'd be plenty likely to simply stay home and not vote at all (which would help, but not as much).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The words coming straight out of Mattis's mouth ON Fox News is wayyyyyyyyyy different than a black screen with a quote. I'm much more inclined to believe your second quote would sway USMC members from voting for Don. But that doesn't mean they would vote for someone else. If they still hate someone else just as much, they'd be plenty likely to simply stay home and not vote at all (which would help, but not as much).
    You'd think but... these guys are, pretty much as literally as as the term gets, brainwashed to do what they're told by their superiors. And while Mattis coincidentally happens to be a few notches above the Commandant right now, he's also a few notches above the President in their mind. He's a few notches above any living person. So if he told them to vote for Trump's competitor, barring another Clinton run, I think they would en masse. And I also think this would create a feedback loop throughout the rest of the arms forces to get a big chunk of them on any other train than Trump's.

But frankly, my point is just that the left should lean on this Mattis thing because it really can't do anything but help. I'm not surprised that none of Trumps comments on the military made a dent in his military support because, well, the right has very successfully claimed the monopoly on what most American consider patriotism (see: jingoism, nationalism, racism) and pumping up the DoD with a few more zeroes every chance they get. But if there's anything that could sway that vote, I have to imagine it's a word from Mattis's mouth.

I'll be interested to know how things will go if he's purged in the next few days. That's assuming Mattis obeys a hypothetical dismissal. It's amusing to imagine guys like Kelly or Mattis, who famously once said, "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.", just sitting there and taking it when a sniveling pissy man-baby is barking some indecipherable slurred nonsense at them (or firing them.)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    no, you don't get it. Mattis, of course, denies he said it. So to them, he DID NOT SAY IT. We all know everyone around Trump's orbit is talking shit, but his supporters do not know that and they do not believe it.

AND, when it comes to what actually matters when it comes to his supporters, it's about what they believe... and apparently they'll believe anything, dependent on where the assurance is coming from.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Alrighty then, I guess it's a shit idea.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Above image generated to match the disturbing revelation from this article

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm starting to dread the moment this Woodward book shows up on my doorstep...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    100% sure, and it’s straight up strange how hard it is to find it now
    I 100% remember it existing and watching it once too. It used to be easy to find. I wonder if it was taken down with his bannings?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I 100% remember it existing and watching it once too. It used to be easy to find. I wonder if it was taken down with his bannings?
    I'd like to find it... I'm fully aware of the irony of me calling out a conspiracy here, but wtf... it feels like it's being scrubbed from the net to distance Trump from originally endorsing this lunatic.

here it is, from the John Oliver show
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Nothing says “9/11 memorial” like putting your fists in the air.
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/watc...9-11-memorial/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    never gets oldhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 09-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'd like to find it... I'm fully aware of the irony of me calling out a conspiracy here, but wtf... it feels like it's being scrubbed from the net to distance Trump from originally endorsing this lunatic.

For the impatient: clip is at 2:08. Direct link:

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

Well, tbh, a LOT of this trump shit is conspiracy if you think about it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

I worked on a Marine base for 8 years and a religious reverence for Mattis was the one constant I observed between every service member.
    This is a winning idea, I say pitch it to a SuperPAC and see if it gets adopted as legit ad tactic!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Trump to target foreign companies who "meddle" in US elections with sanctions:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Today's "WTF are you smoking" moment: tweets claiming that the death toll from Hurricane Maria is actually a Democratic conspiracy to make him look bad.

I'm starting to forget what it's like to have an adult in charge.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Today's "WTF are you smoking" moment: tweets claiming that the death toll from Hurricane Maria is actually a Democratic conspiracy to make him look bad.

I'm starting to forget what it's like to have an adult in charge.
    This is almost as bad as Alex Jones claiming that Sandy Hook was a hoax.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Please go fuck yourself trump.