Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Don't like, at least 1/3 of pregnancies end in a miscarriage? I remember it being a pretty significant percentage and the literature adding the caveat that it is likely substantially higher due to the amount that are lost in the early weeks.
    Documented average is about 20% of the time, and yes it's probably higher due to a variety of factors, since even w/ these numbers, miscarriages generally occur with in the first three months after pregnancy.
    I'm just baffled by this, and I guess I'm going to look into the names of everyone involved in crafting this. Completely insane.

EDIT: Seems the governor of PA has vowed to immediately veto any of these pro-life bills if they should eventually wind up on his desk. So, while that's a good thing, this is again all about optics, and you have to ask how viable this strategy is in a less purple-state. Would it be fair to presume that this movement is happening in PA, with the backers of these pro-life bills knowing it will hit a brick wall, but the hope is that it will "inspire people" in Mississippi or Tennessee to try the same thing, where it might not be ultimately shot down at sight? Then what?

Honestly, the craziest of these bills is the one which would prohibit you from having an abortion if your child is found to have downs syndrome. WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS?! Are we going to find ourselves in some weird Twilight Zone reality where someone was going to be allowed to have a perfectly legal abortion, but now that it's found that her child has downs, she HAS to carry that special life to term? It's just weird. And then they're trying to prohibit people from leaving the state to get a medical procedure done in another state where the procedure is perfectly legal. Oh fuck you, you "thought of everything didn't you?" Hate these people.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-27-2021 at 03:35 PM.