Thread: John Wick Saga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I was sold at the horse. (Even though I've been sold since Chapter 2 ended.)
    I saw a fleet of motorcyclists wielding swords and the biggest, dumbest smile spread across my face.

Judging from the fact that they're saying "this is not the end of a trilogy, we can do anything we want," I really can't wait to see where this one ends up in terms of scale. I want John Wick vs. the entire planet. I mean, unless the organization is exclusively US based, we're kind of already at "John Wick vs. Everyone" with this one. They've done a fantastic job with building their universe and pacing themselves, ramping up the scale of things just one step at a time. What a brilliantly written action franchise.

Anybody check out the John Wick comics that came about a couple years ago? I might have to check those out...

Edit: Regarding the meaning of "parabellum," it sounds like they couldn't have picked a more fitting word for this one.

early 20th century: the name of a German make of gun, from Latin para bellum (from para! ‘prepare!’ (imperative of parare ) + bellum ‘war’) in the phrase si vis pacem, para bellum ‘if you want peace, prepare for war’.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-17-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I saw a fleet of motorcyclists wielding swords and the biggest, dumbest smile spread across my face.

Judging from the fact that they're saying "this is not the end of a trilogy, we can do anything we want," I really can't wait to see where this one ends up in terms of scale. I want John Wick vs. the entire planet. I mean, unless the organization is exclusively US based, we're kind of already at "John Wick vs. Everyone" with this one. They've done a fantastic job with building their universe and pacing themselves, ramping up the scale of things just one step at a time. What a brilliantly written action franchise.
    I am glad that they haven't fully opened up this world all the way yet. They are very intricate with how they are telling the story, and doesn't try to cram anything down your throat when it comes to exposition, nor really overwhelms you. The only worry I have is if Halle Berry can pull off this role since she has been pretty non-existent over the past 5 years, but they seemed pretty bad-ass fighting together at the end. I just wanna see another fight with him and Common.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am glad that they haven't fully opened up this world all the way yet. They are very intricate with how they are telling the story, and doesn't try to cram anything down your throat when it comes to exposition, nor really overwhelms you. The only worry I have is if Halle Berry can pull off this role since she has been pretty non-existent over the past 5 years, but they seemed pretty bad-ass fighting together at the end. I just wanna see another fight with him and Common.
    I think I might actually be a little disappointed if Common doesn’t come back at some point. I’d imagine if it’s happening in part 3, they’re keeping it under wraps, but as long as it happens someday I’ll be happy! He was a great character.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I think I might actually be a little disappointed if Common doesn’t come back at some point. I’d imagine if it’s happening in part 3, they’re keeping it under wraps, but as long as it happens someday I’ll be happy! He was a great character.
    I believe he will pop up somewhere, maybe to even help John? Since they do have a morbid way of having respect for each other. Even if he comes back to fight as a villain, I'm sure it will be a pretty extravagant finale.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple
    I still can't get over John Wick and Common's character whose name escapes me, Cassius i think? the scene where they're practically flirting with each other by discrete gun shots. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    Yesss, couldn't think of it at the time! That scene had me and my ex cracking up in the theater, along with many others. It was their facial expressions that had me losing it almost to tears.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just wanna see another fight with him and Common.
    I still can't get over John Wick and Common's character whose name escapes me, Cassius i think? the scene where they're practically flirting with each other by discrete gun shots. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!