Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Twitter suggestion is working for a lot of people on Twitter. I Tweeted at them. Crossed fingers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I tweet their support, they asked my order number and but still waiting for my DLs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    To anyone having download issues, I highly recommend reaching out to Firebrand Live on Twitter. I just got a response from them much faster than waiting for Customer Service to email me back:

https://twitter.com/minusthesnake/st...70059207921664

Thanks so much for posting this. I also sent a tweet and was sent the correct download links within 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They Tweeted me back but still have not received The Downward Spiral. But others are downloading.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My zip file of TF showed as "invalid" when I opened it. My Broken and TDS opened fine. As you guys suggested, I just tweeted them to see about solving this. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have all three now and downloading. I have a new respect for Twitter. LOL

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    My zip file of TF showed as "invalid" when I opened it. My Broken and TDS opened fine. As you guys suggested, I just tweeted them to see about solving this. Thanks.
    Apparently a lot of Zip implementations have problems with zipfiles that are over 4GB. I think some folks on here said that 7-zip works? Might want to give that a try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They are ignoring me on twitter :/ i sent them a tweet one hour ago and they disnt even reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    same here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    They are ignoring me on twitter :/ i sent them a tweet one hour ago and they disnt even reply
    i'm not the only one with no luck with them ;-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks I'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Apparently a lot of Zip implementations have problems with zipfiles that are over 4GB. I think some folks on here said that 7-zip works? Might want to give that a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    i'm not the only one with no luck with them ;-)
    Me too, high five!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Guys, Broken sounds GOOOOOOOOD. I don't know how much of this is a placebo effect, and how much is that I haven't turned up the volume when listening to this one in a long time, but man.... it just feels more dynamic and alive than ever to me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm going to blast broken on the way home. I agree with whoever said fragile sounds loud.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So has anyone actually received their remastered downloads of TDS, Broken, or The Fragile? How do they sound? Is anything noticeably different?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Firebrandlive just replied to me after an hour or so when I 1st tweeted them, they just emailed me the download links to Broken, TDS, and The Fragile, YAY!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    So has anyone actually received their remastered downloads of TDS, Broken, or The Fragile? How do they sound? Is anything noticeably different?
    Nope. Not a single person. No one here giving their opinions have actually listened to it...I promise.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    More feedback on the remasters please!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    Even louder...oh! We could do with seeing spectrogram, hope it isn't brickwalled!
    Here's the original CD of The Wretched:
    (http://imgur.com/a/PRaog)
    And here's the remaster:
    (http://imgur.com/a/Vne3H)

I definitely noticed it on this song. NIN's stuff has always been brickwalled (going back to Broken, before it was necessarily the norm to do a loudness war thing, so it was an artistic choice), but this seems to lose even the slightly quieter parts. Not sure what I was expecting given the 'audiophile master' problems with Hesitation Marks, but I was kinda hoping for a straight vinyl master (I read some bands have done that, though I realize the stereo image of the lower bass frequencies gets kind of screwed with for vinyl, so ...). Anyway, I bought it for the vinyl, not for this, so I'm not too upset.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 12-22-2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: fixed links

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes, they sound great. I listened to both Broken and The Downward Spiral in full so far. You can hear a difference in both of them, especially with Broken. Broken has a lot of depth.. You can hear more layers, less sounds competing for space. We may have been spoiled with TDS since we already had the anniversary reissue. But I still hear a difference in the mix and master. For TDS, Piggy is a good example if you pay attention to the drums and bass guitar, the main synth line in Heresy, and Closer sounds quite delicious here. Plus the vocal mixing is great. Very clear and present. I really love how they brought each layer out without making it become a wall of noise. Each part sits nicely in the mix. These remasters really do sound quite amazing.

I'm saving The Fragile for after Deviations 1. I wanna hear Deviations 1 nice and fresh. It's been a little bit since I listened to The Fragile, so I don't want to ruin the experience of hearing this alternate version by getting too familiar again with the original just before it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Here's the original CD of The Wretched:
    (http://imgur.com/a/PRaog)
    And here's the remaster:
    (http://imgur.com/a/Vne3H)

I definitely noticed it on this song. NIN's stuff has always been brickwalled (going back to Broken, before it was necessarily the norm to do a loudness war thing, so it was an artistic choice), but this seems to lose even the slightly quieter parts. Not sure what I was expecting given the 'audiophile master' problems with Hesitation Marks, but I was kinda hoping for a straight vinyl master (I read some bands have done that, though I realize the stereo image of the lower bass frequencies gets kind of screwed with for vinyl, so ...). Anyway, I bought it for the vinyl, not for this, so I'm not too upset.
    I noticed the file you're using for the comparison say m4a. I know m4a is a container file and can be lossless or lossy compression. So I'm not sure if this is a lossless or lossy file being run into the analysis. But it would probably be best to use a WAV file when analyzing since it has absolutely no compression whatsoever. WAV is the purest digital file you can get.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    More feedback on the remasters please!
    I haven't listened extensively, but I've checked out a few tracks on all three albums:

-Broken sounds fantastic, it's a record that was meant to be played loud made even louder.
    -The Downward Spiral sounded good, they fixed the issue from the 2004 remaster of "Hurt" where the distortion and verse vocals were layered on top of each other. I've never been able to listen to that in headphones without it really hurting my ears.
    -The Fragile definitely sounds loud, but it hasn't put me off at all. I love the inclusion of the extended songs and "10 Miles High" and "The New Flesh," but pretty pissed about the shorter version of "Ripe". I always thought they shortened it because the full version made that side too long for vinyl, but there's more than enough space for it. "+Appendage" also would've been a nice bonus, even just in the files, if they couldn't fit it on the LPs.

Thus far I hear no audible clipping on any of them despite the volume increase. It's usually really evident when someone sings an S sound, but I'm not hearing it, just sounds like slightly beefed up versions of the originals. I've heard a few fun little beeps and bloops in the mix that I don't remember hearing ever before, and I just listened to all three originals a few times over the past week, so it's not the placebo effect.

Each person will have to decide which version they prefer for themselves. It's not as though any of the originals sounded bad, you just might like these better.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I loved picking apart Last when the rock band multitracks leaked. I solo the bass synth and give it a bar at the beginning of my personal mix. I'm hoping to hear more separation on this reissue.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Only have Broken right now. someone said they basically just sound louder. not the kind of improvement we saw with the downward spiral back in the day

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, Im pretty bummed out I cannot play these DE version on my phone since Iphone doesnt support 96k. I officially miss android.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I noticed the file you're using for the comparison say m4a. I know m4a is a container file and can be lossless or lossy compression. So I'm not sure if this is a lossless or lossy file being run into the analysis. But it would probably be best to use a WAV file when analyzing since it has absolutely no compression whatsoever. WAV is the purest digital file you can get.
    Oh, sorry – it's the Apple lossless version I made for iTunes, but the differences in volume would be visible anyway. I heard the original way, way too many times during my formative years and also have revisited it too often since then not to notice that some of the original quality has been lost – you got the sense that the loud parts were meant to be *really* loud and the other parts were there for contrast. The remastered version definitely sounds different anyway (different EQ'ing, etc), not just the volume. I am very happy the vinyl tracklist is available digitally now, though. That was always my favorite version, though all of us who love Ripe must also love (With Decay), it's required.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My filthy casual ear cannot tell the difference in the Fragile. I can tell broken is louder, but it doesn't seem like the mix is any better.

I think my friend has the PUN remaster on vinyl and I remember thinking it sounded significantly better NIN store says it's sold out.... Is it out of print

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ohhh man I forgot how amazing the extended version of Even Deeper sounded. Also using that 7-zip tool it looks like The Fragile zip is borked. For the flac/mp3/wav folders there's 2 copies of each track in there, same name but one file has Attributes on it while the other doesn't. I was only able to extract the files without Attributes on them. Think each folder having duplicate files by name is fucking up the zip. The other downloads do not show that issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was for The Fragile, I know deviation was delayed. I suspect they are just saying end of the week to cover all bases- we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    Is that for Deviations or for the Definitive Editions?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So is anyone else besides me refreshing the official store's vinyl page 500X a day, hoping that $25 Social Network LP magically reappears back in stock..?