Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
Interesting how I couldn't find a weak song on his first 4 records.
Agreed, although my only criticism of Holy Wood is I feel the songs are almost too short, and there is too many of them. I cant think of any specifically I would have gotten rid of, and this would have been something that could have been fixed when they were writing/recording the album.

As far as GOAG goes, (and I know I talked about this in one of the previous 2 Manson threads (geez)) there is too much filler material (especially in the 2nd half of the disc), and the album would have worked much much better as an EP (especially with the themes, it seem like they forgot about the Wiemar German dirty 30s type them that the first half had.) This is the way I have it ripped on my computer...

01 Thaeter
02 New Shit
03 Mobscene
04 Doll Dagga Buzz...
05 Use Your Fist
06 GOAG
07 sAINT
08 Spade
11 Para-noir
12 Obsequey

This is a little longer than EP length, but it cuts the crap and keeps the sauce. I feel like this album was the beginning of his downfall, because besides Four Rusted Horses, I cant think of another song off the next 3 albums that I actually like. Im going to link this youtube vid about those albums in comparison to his first couple works, because I think this is an interesting view on this topic...

Anyways, I really really enjoyed The Pale Emperor. I had said for years that Manson has always worked best when he has somebody to help him focus his ideas, and this is proof. There are no filler tracks on this album, nothing sucks, everything is diverse and creative, and I would rank it right up there with POAF, MA, and Holy Wood. (ACSS is and will always be the best IMO.)

As far as this new album goes, I havent heard the new song, but im approaching this with hesitation, because I want him to rock again but im worried it might be more filler. Im glad he is working with Tyler Bates again, so im cautiously optimistic about it.

Please dont delete this thread because I dont want to go over all this a 4th time!!!!