Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    While I can't speak for anyone else, I absolutely think everything I've released in the last X amount of years is better than anything Manson has done in the same time frame. That's how opinions work, I guess.
    Gotta link?

Also, what time frame are we talking about here? I would love to hear music that someone in this thread is making that’s better than anything Manson has done in the last X years..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think you missed the point.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Oh, I understood the point. I just want to see if what he’s claiming is actually true or not. Walking one’s talk and all..

Edit: Actually, on second thought, I’ve proven my point and I’m moving on. I’m sure by now, at least one of the moderators has noticed the black smoke billowing from the roof of the Manson thread yet again, and will be here to put a stop to it any time now anyway..

The point being, a certain subset of hilariously narcissistic individuals in this thread who constantly lambaste Manson’s music (and public image), but can’t do it any better than he can, or even at all, in most cases. Lame. Sad. Pretty pathetic, really. So much attention towards a figure they allegedly can’t stand. So much blood for such a tiny little hole..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 05-01-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some deep shit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Honestly, as someone who’s been feeling like he’s not making enough of an impact recently, I WISH I could ever amount to creating the things and the amount that Manson, or anyone else like him has accomplished (Trent, etc).

People can hate all they want on the quality, but the reality is, he’s still reaching TONs and TONs of people through his art. I think it’s safe to say that many of us wish we had that impact, wish we could reach and impact the masses like he and other artists have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Oh, I understood the point. I just want to see if what he’s claiming is actually true or not. Walking one’s talk and all..

Edit: Actually, on second thought, I’ve proven my point and I’m moving on. I’m sure by now, at least one of the moderators has noticed the black smoke billowing from the roof of the Manson thread yet again, and will be here to put a stop to it any time now anyway..

The point being, a certain subset of hilariously narcissistic individuals in this thread who constantly lambaste Manson’s music (and public image), but can’t do it any better than he can, or even at all, in most cases. Lame. Sad. Pretty pathetic, really. So much attention towards a figure they allegedly can’t stand. So much blood for such a tiny little hole..
    ok, dude. i've been trying not to engage. but give it a rest. i never claimed i could make music better than manson, and that's not the point. i make my own music that sounds like my music. i'm not trying to sound like manson or anyone else, i'm not trying to make money, and i'm not trying to get famous. you are creating a false equivalency so you can take a shit on me.

someone being a public figure who releases art is opening themselves up to criticism from the masses. i am not. if you don't like my music, that's fine, but keep it to yourself. if you made art i didn't like, i wouldn't go into a completely unrelated thread on a message board and shit all over it, because i'm not a jerk. even IF you compared yourself to that person.

if you think i'm a narcissist because i :: checks notes :: like my own music and use it to raise money for charity, that's a pretty weird qualifier. i'm not on here (or anywhere) claiming anything i release is a masterpiece. but i am proud of the music i make, otherwise i wouldn't make it. if manson is proud of his new album? good for him! i never said he shouldn't be, and i never said it was going to be shit. i just didn't like the overblown statement that shooter jennings declared it a masterpiece. and i also never said i wasn't going to listen to it, or even acted like i wouldn't.

you literally used a gif, a fucking GIF that i posted as a joke response to something as an excuse to fucking rail me. in almost EVERY one of your posts since then, you have gone out of your way to insult me and my music. why? why are you so vindictive that you feel the need to do that? what did i do to offend you so greatly? i really don't get it. there was a period where i would have called us casual internet friends and then you started being super rude to me out of nowhere. and you know what? that's fine.

at this point, please just leave me alone and stop insulting me. i am perfectly willing to admit that i'm an extremely sensitive person. it baffles my mind that most people's response to that fact is "toughen up" rather than "oh, sorry, i guess i was harsh."

/rant

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have a negative opinion of Manson - Collective Fanboy Head Explosion (Denial?).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get a strange unsolicited message from Prettybrokenspiral about how they're an asshole?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Did anyone else get a strange unsolicited message from Prettybrokenspiral about how they're an asshole?
    No and I feel left out.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol no, it’s not a dumb argument. It’s the goddamn truth. I would love for anyone here who routinely slams the guy to show me their platinum albums, their tour itineraries of their travels around the globe, and the big pile of cash that’s higher than the one Manson sits on.
    No, it's a dumb argument.

Money isn't a measure of success (see: lottery winners, trust fund babies, anyone with a good job who invests regularly in stocks, etc). Being good at marketing and branding doesn't make you a good musician. But these points are irrelevant anyway, because none of that is a prerequisite to being able to share an opinion about someone's music. While taste in music is obviously subjective, some things (like the inability to hold a note, get through your lyrics, or stand upright for the duration of a show) just make you an objectively bad performer. The fact that he can still get people who are near-blindly optimistic about one's capabilities, or desperate for a night of nostalgia, to come see his shows...that doesn't make him immune to valid criticisms of the quality of his product. Let me try to frame it another way: imagine a celebrity chef who had a Michelin-star restaurant (or two) but started going downhill as they aged. They kept burning entrees or over-salting them or just trying to make new recipes that really didn't work out. You could be a perfectly adequate home chef with no restaurant ownership ambitions whatsoever and still say "wow dude, I ate at your new restaurant last night and the steak was overcooked and tasted oddly of oregano." Being good at something once doesn't mean you're still good at it, and not being on the same level as someone's former glory doesn't exclude you from recognizing poor work when you see it.

I can guarantee you that if Marilyn Manson the brand did not exist and any of his recent albums dropped under whatever generic band name, there would be little if any commercial success to them. His work now is sold almost entirely off of the promise of his past.

(Oh, and does my platinum album and bookshelf of itineraries count? They're from working, not playing, so I'm guessing no.)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Probably. I get called that a lot; I just stop paying attention to who says it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So I need a platinum record to have an opinion? Anything at all? Are there TV shows and other albums that you dislike? Are you a producer? Director? Actor? No? But, since you have those platnium records, you're entitled to say that to us underlings, right? ...right?

I've been around since almost the beginning btw. Some of you white knights weren't even cum particles when I was listening to him on cassette.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    100% nobody is jealous of 2020 Marilyn Manson (or 2010 Manson for that matter). He did this to himself. GTFO with the nonsense about him being rich somehow absolves him of his horrid live “performances” and largely garbage output since arguably Holywood (though I like quite a few songs off TGAOG).
    There’s no need to lash out at @eversonpoe because you decided to become Hazekiah. Who does that, anyway?!
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-02-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Nick Kushner was an absolute treasure and i'm not sure if this photo was posted knowing nick was in it or not.
    No I am not aware of that name nor did I know anything about the other person in the pic. No offense meant, part. if this person is no longer with us as you seem to be saying.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Some of you white knights weren't even cum particles when I was listening to him on cassette.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just randomly going to a few of my older posts and facepalming them lol. I want a PM!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't know how I ended up on this page, but this was from a preview of Manson's last show in Des Moines. Made me chuckle and shake my head. Emphasis is mine.

Still, though, some could argue his most pivotal show in the Hawkeye state came in 1999, days after the April 20 Columbine, Colorado, shooting to which he has long since been associated. He performed at the U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids (then called the Five Seasons Center) on April 28, 1999, a show archived Register stories described as carrying little drama, given the circumstance.

The only controversy Wednesday came when Manson abruptly ended his show without an encore after a little more than an hour,” an archived story reads.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Just randomly going to a few of my older posts and facepalming them lol. I want a PM!
    I’m getting the same treatment.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Hey guys! I've been kinda busy, what's going... oh, I see...

did Haz astral project?

I'm seeing lots of hurt feelings and not so much "cum particles" or "took a fat shit". Y'all remember when October told Haz to suck a bag of dicks and then he (Haz) posted a picture of himself with a dildo in his mouth? Now that was good stuff.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Can we please lock this already? Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Disappointed. Never got one. All for getting one too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can we please lock this already? Thanks
    Or better yet, get back on topic?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ That.

The fire will eventually go out if you stop stoking it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Or better yet, get back on topic?
    What is the topic? Half the posts in this 99 page thread are about what a piece of shit Manson is and how much his music sucks. Maybe change the title of the thread to WE HATE Marilyn Manson....Then it will fit
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 05-02-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Mechanical Animals is fucking great though, right?

We're all in agreement about that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post

Without a doubt.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post

Manson at his peak was EASILY better than NIN at their peak. Bar none.

Manson was a fucking unstoppable force of nature and everyone listened. It was phenomenal and I’m so glad I was able to live at the same time as that period.

Manson is a wet fart now though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    He burned too bright. All he needs to do is get sober and spend some time putting effort into his thoughts and he could possibly make something on the same level as 90's Manson.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I do believe he's still in there somewhere. That he's not a complete, total burnout. That old wit shows up every now and then. Just a matter of him sorting himself out. If he did, he probably wouldn't be as much of a mockery.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if he's pulling a Joaquin Phoenix and is pretending to be a lesser version of himself for the sake of entertainment, but got so invested in that role that he forgot to come out of it.