Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lately my taste in heavy music has veered towards the atmospheric/proggy side of metal. I've been religously listening to Alcest's Les Voyages De L'Âme as of late, and those Dillinger Escape Plan vinyl reissues have been more than welcome in my collection.

I've also been listening to a fuckload of Baroness lately.. although I can't say the Purple record has left it's mark yet, Blue + Red are perfect!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Lately my taste in heavy music has veered towards the atmospheric/proggy side of metal. I've been religously listening to Alcest's Les Voyages De L'Âme as of late, and those Dillinger Escape Plan vinyl reissues have been more than welcome in my collection.

I've also been listening to a fuckload of Baroness lately.. although I can't say the Purple record has left it's mark yet, Blue + Red are perfect!
    haven't checked out baroness yet but i've been told i'd like them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    haven't checked out baroness yet but i've been told i'd like them.
    i really want to love their new album (purple), but the mastering is so unbelievably bad i just cant get into it. it blows my mind that bands allow these releases. one of the great things about metal records is the wall of sound a good band can create, when it gets lost in the mud it destroys everything. so disappointing.