Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The finale was entertaining but I honestly have no idea where this show can go now.

Do I think this season was good? Meh. It was okay. It left me shrugging a lot.

Random thoughts:

1) Jeffrey Wright : not enough screen time

2) Stubbs in tubs

3) Lawrence!

4) I missed the covers of popular songs this season. Aside from the two or three, I felt this season lacked a lot of the covers that made the previous seasons soundtracks so great.

5) I felt like the hype for this season was bigger than the season

6) I missed the Westworld in Westworld

7) Good to see Dolores’ end goal finally be revealed. I don’t hate her (as much) anymore.

8) The scene with Bernarnold and his wife: emotional, but was it needed? I suppose so, to set up the arc for Bernard leading into next season.

9) How long until the next season? 2 years? Who knows. Yeesh.

10) I missed many scenes in nature. The scene with Dolores and Maeve in the field was a good touch.

11) Now that it’s over, does anyone really die in Westworld? I can’t imagine this is the end of the line for one of the leads (no spoilers here).

12) I don’t think they touched on what was in Berlin? What contact of Dolores’ was in Berlin? Did I miss something?

I could go on and on. Was it decent? Yeah. Was it great and the caliber of season 1? No.

I didn’t feel like there were any HOLY SHIT twists, which I was bummed about.

All in all, I’d say I rate it a 6/10. Just very shrugworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't see season 4 happening until at least late 2022.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This show has worn out my patience. I didn't even watch the last two episodes I just read spoilers for them... And watching an episode of Westworld is really not so different from reading a list of spoilers from said episode.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ah the fight club ending. Every twist uninteresting and every payoff un earned. This clunky season stumbled past the finish line.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Everything was just... Ok. I am still really intrigued with what will go on next season, but keeping Charlotte alive I didn't care for, with a lot feeling very very rushed which I was hoping it wouldn't feel that way. I was unable to track down a legit reason as to why they only ordered an 8 episode season. They really could have fleshed out Caleb earlier and half of episode 7 felt out of place. Sucks because I thought it started off with a bang.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pretty unimpressed with this season. Seemed like it was very lazy writing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I don’t know what you guys were watching. I loved this season. It was much better than last season.

Spoiler: I wish Dolores had survived. Maybe she’ll be back but obviously not the same? She won though. She deserved to. Loved watching Seyrac fail. Loved the “Fight Club” ending and Maeve making the right decision. I can’t wait to see what Bernard and Caleb do next season.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-04-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I don’t know what you guys were watching. I loved this season.

[spoiler] I wish Dolores had survived. Maybe she’ll be back but obviously not the same? She won though. She deserved to. Loved watching Seyrac fail. Loved the “Fight Club” ending and Maeve making the right decision. [\spoiler]
    I didn’t hate it but felt that Bernard and Stubbs did nothing but wander around all season.

Felt that MIB had a crap ending for such an arc.

Felt that the scene with Bernard’s wife, while emotional came out of nowhere.

Felt that Bernard’s sudden interest in the sublime and trip to it at the end came out of nowhere.

Felt that even though Serac had his issues, his ultimate motivations and intentions were good. To keep the human race going.

Felt that it was silly that Halores is now the villain in the upcoming season.

Felt that the fight club ending had been done before because, well, it had.

I didn’t dislike the season, but couldn’t stop picking these things out. I love Jeffrey Wright as an actor and feel he didn’t get enough screen time.

And I’m sure Dolores will be back. I read that ERW said that “this version” of Dolores was gone. I’m sure she’ll be back.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Dude, this season has been partially about Bernard trying to find his purpose. He found it. He’s been used by so many throughout the course of this show and yeah, Spoiler: Dolores used him too but I think she also made it so no one else ever would use him. MIB got what he deserved. It’s so fitting he got killed by a host of himself.
    Halores becoming the villain was born out of a Dolores copy becoming more sentient. I thought that was good writing. Even though I was 100% Team Dolores and I was pissed Halores stopped her, I realized it made sense.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The show can go on without ERW, but I guarantee she will be back in some way.

That is what I love about this show... Once you think you made a definitive decision to run with what you think is going on, argue with people, then see the end result, you read others interpretations and think "Dam, they're right, I agree with that opinion as well." It was a nice pay off I thought with how everything concluded with her story arc after what we were loosely led to believe her endgame really was. I felt legit bad for her after seeing that field scene with her and Maeve, with her and Maeve giving some really good screen time when they were together (Finally).

I wholeheartedly agree with Wright not getting enough screen time; I wish we got a little more time with them fleshing out his story a bit more than what we got, but it was still satisfying enough once you see how long he has been in that room.

Stubbs still in that tub bleedin'...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Serious question that’s been bothering me:

The encryption key. Originally it was said to contain the data that Serac needed to build a better AI. He was sure it was the data from all the guests at the park.

Then in the end it was a key to the sublime.

So which was it? Was it:

1) guests data?
    2) key to the sublime?
    3) guests data and key to the sublime?

I’d imagine if Serac got the key and only had access to an AI afterlife he’d be pretty pissed.

Can someone help me?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Serious question that’s been bothering me:

The encryption key. Originally it was said to contain the data that Serac needed to build a better AI. He was sure it was the data from all the guests at the park.

Then in the end it was a key to the sublime.

So which was it? Was it:

1) guests data?
    2) key to the sublime?
    3) guests data and key to the sublime?

I’d imagine if Serac got the key and only had access to an AI afterlife he’d be pretty pissed.

Can someone help me?

First, sorry for the late reply; I was trying to figure that out myself and had to check a lot of stuff. Also: stupid real life interfering with the very important task of decrypting Westworld.

Short answer: as far as I understand it, the key was always for accessing the hosts data ( that was stored inside Peter Abernathy's head in season 2) and the way to access the Sublime/Valley Beyond, which was transferred to somewhere unknown by Dolores in season 2. Also. Serac always wanted the guests data and I don't know if Halores was stringing him along in season 3 because I don't think the guests data ever left the Forge.

Anyway, I found this timeline that helps understand stuff a bit: https://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#2015

Also: Stubbs must have gotten out of that tub at some point, right? Come one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow thanks for that timeline article, that helps a ton. This show is confusing as fuck with flashbacks and such not making sense.

I had everything out of order...insane.
    Last edited by Kodiak33; 05-09-2020 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Further reading

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Just saw the season 3 finale. Whoa. This show is NUTS and I adore it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Westworld fans! The team behind the show is developing another Crichton property for HBO!

Executive producer and writer Denise Thé is developing a series adaptation of Michael Crichton's novel Sphere for HBO with Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Film alongside Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey’s Team Downey in association with Warner Bros. Television, while Nolan, Joy, the Downeys, Athena Wickham and Amanda Burrell are attached as executive producers.

This is gonna be awesome!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What a trailer. Really looking forward to this one! And Mobster world?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Well, I was glad to see that a certain someone made it out of the bathtub.

I'm going to binge watch the first three seasons in the next ten days to give myself the illusion that I understand what's happening in the new season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great use of NIN too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Is this a new remix? Combination of the still version and something else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Felt like that or combo of the player piano type (or still), hearkening back to the old west limitations. Building to a ultra-modern world and the electronic version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Is this a new remix? Combination of the still version and something else?
    It’s arranged by the Westworld composer, would’ve been a similar thing to the way they did Something I Can Never Have in season 1

That being said, I won’t be watching this any more, last season killed it for me
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 06-18-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Boy, is this third season a slog. There have been a handful of really visually cool moments (“Hale” crawling out of the burning car), but not enough. I watched the first half of S3 like 6 months ago, but didn’t care to finish. Now I’m mostly finishing it out of boredom and my tendency to want to see things through to the end, even if they don’t appeal to me after a point.

I just...what/who am I supposed to care about anymore? I feel like every 30 seconds I’m gonna find out “IT WAS AAALL A SIMULATION/NOT REAL...AGAIN...” It feels like this is just going in circles. I can’t think of one character I’m genuinely interested in anymore. This should’ve all wrapped up with a much more concise season 2, or even ended on a high note with season 1 and left us on a cliffhanger. How cool and memorable that could have been.

The music continues to be occasionally interesting when it’s covering another song, but so far that’s kind of been the only constant for the entire series for me, I think?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    New episode is good.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    It’s arranged by the Westworld composer, would’ve been a similar thing to the way they did Something I Can Never Have in season 1
    Unfortunately, SICNH in season 1 was not arranged by Ramin Djawadi, but instead they used the terrible version by Vitamin String Quartet where they got the melody wrong.

I like the arrangement of TDTWWA in the trailer, though. The guitar near the end sounds extremely close to the original.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I bounced off this show half way through season 3, feeling that so much of it had become a puzzle, and that there were so many twists, that I was no longer ever able to take the show at it's word, and so there were no stakes and nothing mattered. I could miss an episode and watch the next as lost as I would have been if I watched it, because one of them would be a lie any way.

I'm hearing that they've cut that shit out. Is that the case? How caught up do I need to be for this?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm hearing that they've cut that shit out. Is that the case? How caught up do I need to be for this?
    The most important part is that you need to see what happened with Caleb and Maeve at the end of season 3, as they are the ones currently carrying this season.

The latest episode is better than the previous one. And Djawadi is fucking KILLING IT this season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I have a theory. I'm not putting it under a spoiler bar because it's my very own personal theory and I haven't looked for spoilers for this season. And my theories are about 98% wrong anyway. But I'm having fun with them so here goes nothing:

Season 4 is pulling a season 1 and we're watching two timelines unravel. First timeline is a few weeks or months after the end of season 3. Second timeline is, as stated in the first episode of season 4, 8 years after season 3.

That is all.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Season 4 is pulling a season 1 and we're watching two timelines unravel. First timeline is a few weeks or months after the end of season 3. Second timeline is, as stated in the first episode of season 4, 8 years after season 3.

That is all.
    Other people have theorized this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true!

Also, my new fave meme.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Haha! But everything is a clue on that show. Almost.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking about the two timelines thing. And I can't wait to see Bernie and his trusty sidekick.