Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Spoiler: I think this is the last alter that "woke up" for Darlene. This world that we just saw is all in Elliot's head, and it's where the 3rd has been keeping safe.

Elliot's bringing all his alters together, and he's going to "wake up" as a whole person soon. Where he physically is, and what's actually happening around him when he does though, I'm not sure of. He may have actually shut down Whiterose's machine, or he may be about to die in a nuclear explosion, I'm not really sure about that, but that part we saw at the end was most definitely his personalities coming back together.

At the beginning of the show, he's supposed to go to Angela's birthday party, but can't bring himself to do it. In the dream sequence episode, he's marrying Angela, and she says he's only a month old. I think he created this alter because he was struggling with seeing Angela with someone else, and so he put all his hopes for a happy life with Angela into this alter, put it to sleep, and then the show began. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Elliot and Angela had dated for a while, and that part of this is him coping with the end of the relationship while trying to stay friends still.
    Last edited by M1ke; 12-16-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @eskimo

I read a theory that really connects it all...

Spoiler: In the first dream sequence back in season 1, Elliot is proposing and wearing marriage clothes with Angela. Now, in season 4 we just found out, that in an alternate reality Elliot is, in fact, marrying Angela. Also, Elliot is an only son (Darlene doesn't exist) and his dad is actually a pretty cool guy that is his friend. At the end of the episode, we see our original Elliot inside this new alternate reality. Our original Elliot comes to this alt. reality around the same time that the first season takes place.

My theory is that our original Elliot gets to decide if he wants to stay in this alternate reality, and to do so, he will have to replace the Alternate Elliot. Somehow, he manages to send Alt. Elliot to the "original" reality, back to the beginning of the show. This alt. Elliot is the person we actually see through the show and since Alt. Elliot doesn't have a sister, of course, he "forgot" who Darlene was, of course, he thought his dad was his best friend because those were actually memories from another dimension.

This is the Alderson loop, Elliot replacing Elliot, replacing Elliot, replacing Elliot. This might be the 6th iteration since this time around it is called F corp, so maybe there was an A corp, B corp, and so on.

Also, I might be wrong but these alternate reality scenes are taking place on May 9th, meaning 5/9... This means we might finally found out where Elliot was during those 3 days.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love this show so much! I got nervous thinking this was going into Lost's series finale territory, but I'm confident it's going to be something satisfying; to be clear, I thought Lost​'s ending was a cop-out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    @eskimo

I read a theory that really connects it all...

Spoiler: In the first dream sequence back in season 1, Elliot is proposing and wearing marriage clothes with Angela. Now, in season 4 we just found out, that in an alternate reality Elliot is, in fact, marrying Angela. Also, Elliot is an only son (Darlene doesn't exist) and his dad is actually a pretty cool guy that is his friend. At the end of the episode, we see our original Elliot inside this new alternate reality. Our original Elliot comes to this alt. reality around the same time that the first season takes place.

My theory is that our original Elliot gets to decide if he wants to stay in this alternate reality, and to do so, he will have to replace the Alternate Elliot. Somehow, he manages to send Alt. Elliot to the "original" reality, back to the beginning of the show. This alt. Elliot is the person we actually see through the show and since Alt. Elliot doesn't have a sister, of course, he "forgot" who Darlene was, of course, he thought his dad was his best friend because those were actually memories from another dimension.

This is the Alderson loop, Elliot replacing Elliot, replacing Elliot, replacing Elliot. This might be the 6th iteration since this time around it is called F corp, so maybe there was an A corp, B corp, and so on.

Also, I might be wrong but these alternate reality scenes are taking place on May 9th, meaning 5/9... This means we might finally found out where Elliot was during those 3 days.
    I hear you, I've read that too. I tend to discount any theory that moves the show in the direction of SciFi. With so much attention having been paid to getting the tech right in all of the hacks, it'd surprise me if they went the SciFi route, and not in a good way.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I hear you, I've read that too. I tend to discount any theory that moves the show in the direction of SciFi. With so much attention having been paid to getting the tech right in all of the hacks, it'd surprise me if they went the SciFi route, and not in a good way.
    Well, a sci-fi direction still doesn't negate any of that stuff though, the tech and hacking. But I still think Esmail is going to mindfuck us some more.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Richard and Linda?

What YEAR is this?

(Just saying. Prepare for inevitably divisive 2 part finale.)

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Question, though?

The fuck would Whiterose do THAT shit, provided she's fucking real, if she didn't have a scifci mindfuck exit plan?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Question, though?

The fuck would Whiterose do THAT shit, provided she's fucking real, if she didn't have a scifci mindfuck exit plan?
    Why wouldn't Whiterose be real? If she isn't, does that make her another one of Elliot's personalities and he has been fighting himself this whole time?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Why wouldn't Whiterose be real? If she isn't, does that make her another one of Elliot's personalities and he has been fighting himself this whole time?
    Whiterose's backstory is a bit to elaborate for that.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    My point being that she IS real, and that there may...that maybe Esmail was lying about no sci fi, or, at least, using the term loosely.

As in, I'm thinking she already existed in another dimension, accessed by her project?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Mr Robot has always alluded to a sci-fi aspect but fully introducing it with just over two hours left to go in the entire series would seem kind of shitty. I'm of the opinion that the back half of this episode was Spoiler: Elliot inside his own mind like someone stated earlier. Clean cut, "perfect life" Elliot is another one of his personalities that's been segregated.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Mr Robot has always alluded to a sci-fi aspect but fully introducing it with just over two hours left to go in the entire series would seem kind of shitty. I'm of the opinion that the back half of this episode was Spoiler: Elliot inside his own mind like someone stated earlier. Clean cut, "perfect life" Elliot is another one of his personalities that's been segregated.
    but what about the front half? I mean, yeah, that's possible.
    But what about Whiterose? I hope I'm being vague enough here: I don't feel like fucking with spoiler tags.

Why do we use spoiler tags, anyway? Why would someone be reading the thread, AFTER the episode came out, and not expect spoilers?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    but what about the front half? I mean, yeah, that's possible.
    But what about Whiterose? I hope I'm being vague enough here: I don't feel like fucking with spoiler tags.

Why do we use spoiler tags, anyway? Why would someone be reading the thread, AFTER the episode came out, and not expect spoilers?
    Elliot has taken quite the journey since S1E1. If we're willing to suspend disbelief that his journey has taken him through everything it has, him ending up at the Washington Township plant during a meltdown isn't that crazy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was thinking the exact same thing before I read your comment. If you haven't watched the latest episode of a show, stay out of the damn thread!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Question, though?

Plans don't always work. I think Whiterose believes her machine can do what she said it can do, but I don't believe it can.
    Last edited by M1ke; 12-17-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Plans don't always work. I think white whiterose believes her machine can do what she said it can do, but I don't believe it can.
    Interesting take. And so the other thing was, maybe, misdirection? But how does our man get out of his, um, you know...the ostensibly, real world, likely to be inescapable situation that he's in?

Maybe he doesn't? Maybe he just finds himself- becomes whole- and the thing ends like Donnie Darko or something.

Here I go again, trying to speculate on this sheer insanity.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow I loved the final confrontation between Elliot and White Rose. Great dialogue and delivery. I'm repeating a previous post, but, damn Rami is so good at showing this deep sadness, and isolation, with a glimpse of hope. As quite a few times prior, I have no idea what is going to happen next. That episode kicked my ass. Although I will really miss this show, it's better to finish early than go on too long (hello Dexter); I cannot wait for the 2 hour finale.

Edit: Also, I was wondering how they were going to incorporate the child and woman that seemed to be in his subconsciousness (they just appeared and disappeared an episode or twoo ago, in that conference room). This show is so well-crafted, I guess we'll see where they fit next week.

Edit 2: Elliot's speech about hope to White Rose seemed a perfect bookend to Elliot's initial, iconic inner monologue about all that is wrong with society during his therapy session from season 1.
    Last edited by Ruined; 12-16-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Whiterose's backstory is a bit to elaborate for that.
    I definitely wasn't implying that would be the case. I meant it more as "that would be too absurd to be true".

My point being that she IS real, and that there may...that maybe Esmail was lying about no sci fi, or, at least, using the term loosely.

As in, I'm thinking she already existed in another dimension, accessed by her project?
    I think her past fucked her up so much that the whole dimensions thing is appealing to her and she wants so badly for it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    the child and woman
    You mean young Elliot and his mom?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You mean young Elliot and his mom?
    Yeah those two. I have so much on my mind, forgot that they revealed it to be his young self over the last few shows. I don't remember the last time they showed his mom.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    @Triggermine , I think your idea about whiterose is great.
    And if you're right, it would be a great way to go from "oh shit, the time travel/alternate dimension machine DID work," to, " oh wait, fuck me, it didn't. "

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Also, and can I get an amen to this?

I hope that whatever Tyrell found in the woods, with that blue glow: I hope it's NOT revealed, what it was.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    An interesting thought, those missing 3 days, if we're about to discover why Elliot can't account for those 3 days. The final season taking place around Christmas, which connects to Jesus, and then made me think of his resurrection after 3 days. Tyrell talking about them being gods. Just an interesting thought that made me go hmmm.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-17-2019 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    OK, opening thread jumped to the last message on page 9 (animated quote: "What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"), haven't seen the episode yet so I'm outta here but you got me worried/curious. :-)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Interesting take. And so the other thing was, maybe, misdirection? But how does our man get out of his, um, you know...the ostensibly, real world, likely to be inescapable situation that he's in?

Maybe he doesn't? Maybe he just finds himself- becomes whole- and the thing ends like Donnie Darko or something.

Here I go again, trying to speculate on this sheer insanity.

The other thing is a dream that alter one they were talking about "waking up" has been living in. Our Elliot is going to try to wake him up, as a way of becoming whole again. It holds Elliot's deepest, most secret hopes and dreams. The ones that cause pain because they won't ever come true. This alter has been asleep in a dream invented by Elliot's brain. That's what we're seeing, the dream state that this alter has been living in. Elliot and Mr Robot just teamed up right before the screen went red and we saw this scene play out, I bet they're going to try and wake up this alter. To tell him "what he did".

I think Elliot and Angela used to date, and Elliot did something horrible that ended it. I also think that the server room freak-out cost Elliot a big promotion at All-Safe, or the freak-out happened because he didn't get the promotion he wanted. And that this Elliot that we've seen in the dream state, was created to shelter Elliot from the pain of the breakup. If those hopes and dreams are contained in another alter, then the active one isn't feeling the pain of them not being realized. I think this alter was created just shortly before the events of season 1 began.

Physically, is he really about to be blown up in a nuclear explosion? I don't have the foggiest idea to be honest. Could be that Mr Robot lied about there being no escape because of the fire we could see shadows of off screen (though they didn't feel real to me). Maybe he didn't actually go to Washington Township? That whole part of the episode felt surreal too. There is a second door that they didn't open. When the dark army found Elliot, there were sirens coming closer, and the building has been shot up. What would happen if the police show up and find some guy in the center of it all that claiming to have prevented an alternate reality from opening up? He'd be in big trouble then too. There are so many possibilities for the physical world that I just have no clue there.

I'm pretty damn sure about whatever we just saw being what I think it was though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing before I read your comment. If you haven't watched the latest episode of a show, stay out of the damn thread!
    I pop into this thread every once in a while to see how the show is going, opinion-wise. I stopped watching sometime in season 3 because I thought it was getting "look how Lynchian we are!" But I'm willing to give it another chance if they stick the landing.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    It'd be interesting if he DOES die, smiling, right after becoming whole again, a la Donnie Darko

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've just seen the latest episode. Going to let it sink for a while.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Elliot has taken quite the journey since S1E1. If we're willing to suspend disbelief that his journey has taken him through everything it has, him ending up at the Washington Township plant during a meltdown isn't that crazy.
    as far as Whiterose not being real, could it be possible that the MELTDOWN scene, and the final confrontation with Whiterose, weren't real?

Because, otherwise, how does Elliot get out of this nuclear meltdown?

Idk. This thing could go a million different ways. I need to stop trying to figure it out.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Idk. This thing could go a million different ways. I need to stop trying to figure it out.
    My sentiments exactly. My head is still spinning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm back after finally watching the episode (stopped going here), I've got no idea what's going on, like during famous Episode 8 of Twin Peaks. Will it make some sense, I don't know, maybe, but I enjoy it. :-)