Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    They have arrived!

I will see what numbers they are when I get home and open. Maybe we will have a clue for the damn new mystery.

Is this the black vinyl? Still waiting for mine.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Is this the black vinyl? Still waiting for mine.
    Based on the album covers at Bandcamp, those do appear to be the black vinyl copies. I'm patiently awaiting mine. If the band hasn't already sworn off fulfilling their own merchandise, the next few weeks will definitely do it, with the inevitable lost and damaged reports and having to handle them. I gotta hand it to them for getting their hands dirty and making this happen all by themselves, but it's a thankless job for sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Based on the album covers at Bandcamp, those do appear to be the black vinyl copies. I'm patiently awaiting mine. If the band hasn't already sworn off fulfilling their own merchandise, the next few weeks will definitely do it, with the inevitable lost and damaged reports and having to handle them. I gotta hand it to them for getting their hands dirty and making this happen all by themselves, but it's a thankless job for sure.

No doubt. I can only imagine the headache in sending out 1000 LPs via media mail. I'm hesitant to even voice a concern and ask when mine was sent out, cuz I'm sure they're bombarded with those kinds of emails and I'd hate to further add to that likely pile of stress. I'll probably give it another week before I do. For some reason, it takes forever for mail to reach my town from California. Just sucks cuz I wanna throw this bad boy on the turntable asap

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Mine just arrived today in excellent shape (0815/1000), and it looks like it was actually packaged and shipped by a third party fulfillment system - this is a good thing! I'll admit, I kind of wish there were some extra goodies thrown in with the black vinyl the way the clear vinyl got them, but they're extras - not really the point :b

It can be difficult, in this age of shipment notification emails and tracking numbers, to come to terms with the very old school method of buying a record through the mail and not really knowing exactly when it will show up, especially because we can log in and see other people receiving their copies.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ Truth. I was getting worried about my copy, only to have it arrive today. #90/1000 on the black vinyl.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got #0651 & #0652 but the "5" in both could very well be a "4" or "7"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Who was the shipper? I'm wondering because if it's USPS, I get a notice in my mailbox. If it's FedEx or UPS they just drop it off at the apartment office and don't even bother to walk it up to my place.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Who was the shipper? I'm wondering because if it's USPS, I get a notice in my mailbox. If it's FedEx or UPS they just drop it off at the apartment office and don't even bother to walk it up to my place.
    USPS via King Road Merch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine arrived today as well! #28/1000

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I got #0651 & #0652 but the "5" in both could very well be a "4" or "7"

I got mine today as well, and I cannot honestly tell for sure whether it is #447 or #667.
    Happy to finally have it! Waiting til my kids get to sleep tonight before I have a listen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    USPS via King Road Merch
    Awesome. I won't have to walk up to my apartment office every day to annoy them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

0705/1000

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    June 6th @ Rough Trade in Brooklyn, NY. On sale Friday (my birthday) at noon. Facebook and Twitter posts suggest they may do a presale for the mailing list.
    Last edited by RJK; 03-01-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have they been selling out shows? I'd really like to go to this NY one but I won't know what my schedule with work is that far out

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Have they been selling out shows? I'd really like to go to this NY one but I won't know what my schedule with work is that far out
    I know LA sold out eventually.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    London sold out too. So the answer is yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    think i said something similar in the htda thread, but Fever Daydream deserves to be listened to front to back... totally dig this and hoping for more...

and just to fantasize, how awesome would tbq/htda tour be?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neveroddoreven View Post
    how awesome would tbq/htda tour be?
    Don't play with my dreams like this

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My black vinyl arrived today. 135/1000

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    My black vinyl arrived today. 135/1000
    Dammit lol mine didn't arrive today! Anyone else still waiting?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mine arrived today. It could be either number 12, 42 or 72, not sure. Will do photos at the weekend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    got mine too, didn't open it though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Mine arrived today. It could be either number 12, 42 or 72, not sure. Will do photos at the weekend
    you know, i'm starting to wonder if mine is 0705 or 0105 because those 1s are very interchangeable with 7s...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I respect these guys for releasing the album digitally for what like 3,4 bucks? That was awesome. I've only spun it a few times, lots to like, a bit that I didn't but I will give it some more time.

Forgive my ignorance here as I haven't been following them much, I kinda checked out until I saw an actual album as I didnt want to get too invested before seeing what they were all about, but two questions; doesn't seem like they are doing much touring right now? Is that going to change soon? Also, since I couldn't buy tix to a show to support them, I was like ok, I'll spring for the vinyl. Both options are sold out? I dig the creating a demand marketing plan but is there not, or will there ever be just a regular vinyl release? I dont need a numbered edition or some special colour, just a plain old record to listen to. Seems kinda stupid they don't want the money? Maybe they are just waiting longer to press more?

Seems like they have a good buzz going right now, might be good to strike while the iron is hot with some dates and some vinyl bundles instead of just having everything sold out cause they can't be making much on those 4 dollar downloads?

Edit: nevermind, seem to have found the vinyl on amazon. It wasn't there a few days ago I swear.
    Last edited by valiantsteed; 03-02-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you know, i'm starting to wonder if mine is 0705 or 0105 because those 1s are very interchangeable with 7s...
    nope, the 7 on mine definitely has a horizontal line through it. so i'm guessing the first digit on yours, @Al_Hunter is a 1, not a 4 or a 7.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The presale password for the NYC show was just sent out.
    I'll be there! Totally stoked.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Whee! it came!! Yay!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just got the email for the NYC show, looks like there is a password in there, good luck to the folks who want to attend!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eh fuck it, got 2.