Thread: Anne Rice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    does it count that her sister, alice borchardt, is/was my favourite author in the world?
    also: is it evil to want, very badly, to write to anne rice and BEG her to finish her sisters last book?
    anne rice is the first author that i had read where i did not sleep until i finished the book. lol.
    anyway, @elevenism you really should check out her sisters work...particularly the silver wolf/wolf king/night of the wolf. she, literally, takes me out of my head and body. like, the way she put words together creates an odd fugue for me and it often takes a few minutes to fully be back here. i love it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    does it count that her sister, alice borchardt, is/was my favourite author in the world?
    also: is it evil to want, very badly, to write to anne rice and BEG her to finish her sisters last book?
    anne rice is the first author that i had read where i did not sleep until i finished the book. lol.
    anyway, @elevenism you really should check out her sisters work...particularly the silver wolf/wolf king/night of the wolf. she, literally, takes me out of my head and body. like, the way she put words together creates an odd fugue for me and it often takes a few minutes to fully be back here. i love it.
    how have i never heard of this?
    Anne always suported her late husband's work and her son Christopher's work, but i've never heard her utter a word about her sister.

I will check it out!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    how have i never heard of this?
    Anne always suported her late husband's work and her son Christopher's work, but i've never heard her utter a word about her sister.

I will check it out!
    i know, eh???? i found "the silver wolf" on the give away rack at the library. inhaled it in one sitting. went back and rented (from 6 different libraries, no less) the remainder of her works. inhaled them. couldn't figure out why no libraries had "the winter king", then googled and found out she died of cancer prior to finishing it. i cried, man. like rending cloth, and wailing stylz.
    anne wrote a forward or two in her books, but yeah i found it odd that i had not heard of her via anne...but then maybe not so odd since she lost her sister? i don't know. all i know is that anne rice is a wonderful writer and i have always enjoyed everything of hers i have read...but the writing alice did resonates like five alarm bells.
    please do let me know what you think when you have had a chance at reading alice.
    happy saturday, texan.