I found I didn't use Vigors that much outside of the heavy hitters. Shock Jockey or Bucking Bronco were a must, particularly when it came to the Patriots, Firemen and Zealots––they were essentially the only things that stopped them in their tracks long enough to shoot them without getting slaughtered. Other Vigors were either only useful in passing or helped to change the monotony of using the same ability over and over again.

In the first two games, if you didn't use Plasmids you were screwed. While I feel like it would have made Infinite more difficult to avoid Vigors in combat, it wouldn't have been impossible (at least not on medium difficulty).

Actually, on the subject of combat––was anyone else immensely grateful that the majority of enemies in Infinite don't all rush you at the same time? It made such a refreshing change to be able to pick them off at your own pace, apart from the occasional interruption by an enemy with a melee weapon or the heavy hitters spamming you with their abilities. The fact that splicers used to relentlessly rush at you was probably one of my least favourite aspects of BioShock gameplay so it was nice to see that change.