Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1559

Thread: Kanye West

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    A lot of the reactions on my socials to it are...not good. Like not people dunking for a quick like, just people honestly disappointed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Woooeeee, rereading this thread again and those of us that knew KNEW. Some of you smartened up over time and that’s great too.

And some…well, the receipts are there. Oooof.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-29-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I know that like, 99/100 of you guys are hardcore atheists, but, what if Kanye x Manson was meant to illustrate a theme of forgiveness?
    It doesn't matter what it's meant to illustrate. Having a guy like that show up to your album release circle jerk is just a dumb idea.

Honestly, I'm so tired of Kanye being held up as this great artist. Everything he does is big but empty inside. It's flash without any real substance. I get that a lot of rap music is grounded in braggadocio, but he just takes it to such an extreme that it becomes ridiculous. And no, I don't believe he's "making a statement" with that kind of behavior. He's just surrounded by so many yes men and fans who will go for whatever he puts out. It's no wonder he was pulled into Trumpy's orbit. They're both into saying and doing whatever it takes to keep the focus on them.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Speaks lowly in the background

Hurricane is pretty good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You ever repeat a word so much it starts to lose its meaning?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I know that like, 99/100 of you guys are hardcore atheists, but, what if Kanye x Manson was meant to illustrate a theme of forgiveness?

(I know it's a long shot. I don't think Kanye actually UNDERSTANDS Christianity... Like, he's said multiple things SINCE his "conversion" that are anathema to MY understanding of the texts.)

But, perhaps?

Idk.

Honestly, I just wish he'd go back to making beats for Hova.
    manson hasn’t done anything to atone for his actions. he needs to go back into hiding until he’s ready to make things right with victims and the public. fuck forgiveness. i want accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Kanye should be asking for forgiveness considering how much he dicks around his fans.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This fucking thing is 2 hours??

AB-SO-LUTELY-NOT. I don't even think I had the mental capacity to listen to Kanye for 2 hours back when I actually loved his music.

EDIT----

It's fucking disgusting hearing Manson literally CROONING "Guess who's going to jail tonight. God gon' post my bail tonight". Woooooow. Okay. Okay. Spend decades being the Antichrist Superstar but then you get called out on the terrible shit you've been doing and all of a sudden the almighty G O D is gonna protect you?! Goddamn Marilyn Manson needs to get hit by a fucking truck or something.
    Last edited by richardp; 08-29-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    is Brian Warner featured on the album? Or is he just doing background vocals on a song. I don't feel like actually having to listen to a Kanye album to find out

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Goddamn Marilyn Manson needs to get hit by a fucking truck or something.
    Or have his genitals electrocuted...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    is Brian Warner featured on the album? Or is he just doing background vocals on a song. I don't feel like actually having to listen to a Kanye album to find out
    He’s a featured artist on track 24
    Fuck Kanye

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just want to hear some reviews on the stem player.
    If the functionality is there, I'd be happy to pick something like that up and load it with either NIN or Rock Band game stems.
    Also interested to see if there's been any actual advancement in the track isolation technology. What I've heard so far hasn't lived up to what this player is advertising.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh my, I hadn't thought about the possibility of stems from other walks of life...that could be very interesting indeed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    A lot of the reactions on my socials to it are...not good. Like not people dunking for a quick like, just people honestly disappointed.
    Some reviews are coming in and they seem to be mixed

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Speaks lowly in the background

Hurricane is pretty good
    I listened to that because of what you said and I liked the beat and The Weeknd’s voice but it just went on and on or it felt like it, and then Jail came on afterwards and i actively disliked it

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    People have been saying it was released this week because he wanted his number 1 album and was too scared to go against Drake, this way he gets his number 1 album and saves face. Or maybe he’s seen the response being not overwhelmingly positive
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-29-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I do not understand the love for Kanye West or his music. @BRoswell made very good points. Everything Kanye does feels empty. The credits to Donda is looking like Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If Kanye wants to advertise a forgiveness concept, maybe he should focus on his own bullshit rather than spotlight Marilyn Manson. Being edgy is easy, and if that’s really all you’re throwing out there (and I think it is that sort of lazy bullshit) no thanks. Manson is literally running from prosecution for serial sexual assault.

then again, Kanye also had a dumb flight of fancy where he thought he could “take back the confederate flag,” so who gives a shit what he’s trying to say here

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I listened to that because of what you said and I liked the beat and The Weeknd’s voice but it just went on and on or it felt like it, and then Jail came on afterwards and i actively disliked it
    That is the main reason why I like the track, it reminds me of my Uncle that just passed with the chorus. Didn't feel that drawn out to me, but I can see why.

There is definitely some enjoyable material on here, but it is so drowned out by his religious mumbo jumbo that is just too preachy for me at times. It doesn't feel cohesive at all, with just a bunch of tracks thrown together for the sake of it. Glad it came out so I don't have to really hear about it anymore lol...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I do not understand the love for Kanye West or his music. @BRoswell made very good points. Everything Kanye does feels empty. The credits to Donda is looking like Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy.

I never liked him or his music. Its funny because Kanye was SACRED around ETS in the 2013-2016 era. So many NIN fans were praising him around that time. Things changed

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I wish Manson wasn’t on the best track on this thing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I never liked him or his music. Its funny because Kanye was SACRED around ETS in the 2013-2016 era. So many NIN fans were praising him around that time. Things changed
    His music is a mixed bag. He does things I hate, and he does some things that I love.
    I can't stand it when people say things like "he's the best producer ever" because it's... just the opposite of the truth. His stuff is sent to the mastering engineer clipped.

He's a narcissist, so it makes sense that he's a great hype man. He's also a complete asshole, and his music isn't anywhere near as good as people (who don't really like hip hop) generally try to pretend it is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Did you say 2016? Gee I wonder what changed.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The album was just a big, giant "eh". For an album that's supposedly about Donda, Kanye devotes little actual time talking about her. How many tracks does he have to make about Jesus and God? We get it, Jesus is king. Also, the last 20 minutes of the album didn't even need to exist, as it's just recycled material from the beginning with different featured artists. There were some tracks that I enjoyed, but, overall, Kanye has hit a new artistic low point with this one.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I've always been mixed on his music, but My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a pretty solid friggin' album.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I am enjoying this album. Continue your pile on.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Did you say 2016? Gee I wonder what changed.
    Not much, honestly. He’s just more overt now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    The album was just a big, giant "eh". For an album that's supposedly about Donda, Kanye devotes little actual time talking about her. How many tracks does he have to make about Jesus and God? We get it, Jesus is king. Also, the last 20 minutes of the album didn't even need to exist, as it's just recycled material from the beginning with different featured artists. There were some tracks that I enjoyed, but, overall, Kanye has hit a new artistic low point with this one.
    Maybe think of these additional tracks in the context of the stem player as the physical media form of the album. Those extra verses would work nicely for generating remixes.