Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    You mean like this?
    Let's stick with this Rolling Stone guy for a sec... "I spent the weekend hearing the most genius live performer Taylor Swift do the greatest onstage triumph of her life. Three nights of agony and joy and tears. My in-depth report on the Eras Tour and her epic emotional TAYPOCALYPSE"

What the FUCK is going on here

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Let's stick with this Rolling Stone guy for a sec... "I spent the weekend hearing the most genius live performer Taylor Swift do the greatest onstage triumph of her life. Three nights of agony and joy and tears. My in-depth report on the Eras Tour and her epic emotional TAYPOCALYPSE"

What the FUCK is going on here
    That Rob Sheffield guy really likes Taylor Swift.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    That Rob Sheffield guy really likes Taylor Swift.
    Maybe he lost a bet with his tween Swiftie daughter. "OK dad, if I'm right, then you have to pretend to like Taysway as much as I do, and write about her like you're in a fucking cult."

Also, apparently, she's the new Grateful Dead: https://www.fastcompany.com/90901513...ad-cult-brands
    I love how this author is trying to spin all these similarities to fit the article, and avoiding the whole time that if you were seeing The Dead, you were on some drugs. Swifties are hyped up on pepsi.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-31-2023 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The one time I’ve ever liked a Taylor Swift song, it was because for the first 20-ish seconds, I actually thought it was a Tycho song. I can hardly even wrap my own head around that.

I wasn’t even high at the time, I just…I didn’t know what I was hearing. And then it hit me.

But I agree. I’m just so tired. I don’t have any reason to “hate” her. Just…much like Star Wars, I would like one day when I’m not hearing something about her somewhere. Just one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I just like that one meme with the goats screaming in her song lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Maybe he lost a bet with his tween Swiftie daughter. "OK dad, if I'm right, then you have to pretend to like Taysway as much as I do, and write about her like you're in a fucking cult."

Also, apparently, she's the new Grateful Dead: https://www.fastcompany.com/90901513...ad-cult-brands
    I love how this author is trying to spin all these similarities to fit the article, and avoiding the whole time that if you were seeing The Dead, you were on some drugs. Swifties are hyped up on pepsi.
    But dig a little deeper, and you’ll find some surprising similarities. Artistically, in their early years, both the Dead and Swift drew on similar musical roots in country and bluegrass but then evolved and wove other strains into their musical tapestries, including folk, blues, pop, and psychedelia. Both artists are not only musical innovators, but also singer-songwriters who despite covering vastly different territory are lyrical geniuses who have developed a canon of classic songs. While Swift writes or co-writes all her songs, the Dead wrote by small committee with most of their ditties penned by Jerry Garcia and lyricist extraordinaire Robert Hunter.
    An apple is like a planet, dig a little deeper, and you’ll find some surprising similarities. They are both round. They are both things. Books have been written about both planets and apples. The Earth is a planet and the Earth has apples.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    yeah like the guy wearing the $4,000 leather jacket is going to kick someone's ass. COME ON.

/GOB

unrelatedly saw this headline:

Jason Aldean's New Song Sparks Outrage Over Guns—'Very Scary Lyrics'

Aldean, 46, who performed during the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas in 2017, where a mass shooter killed 61 people and injured over 400, released the music video for the song "Try That in a Small Town" on Saturday.
    wtaf dude.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-19-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    More anti-intellectual, moronic "patriotic" country music that celebrates stupidity and ignorance as a virtue.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm guessing he's never seen this:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If this is right, Jason Aldean is worth 80 million. I'm not criticizing the man for having money, but I do find it funny when these super rich guys (like Kid Rock) try to pass themselves off as Johnny Redneck.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I don't get this pop country thing where it's all about how city people suck. Look, if we wanted to live in Frederiksonburgville NC, where there's two churches, a bar, and no pharmacy or hospital, we could afford it. If I wanted to drive a fucking truck, I'd buy one. If I wanted to catch some catfish and kiss my cousin in a cornfield, I guess I could do that too. If I wanted to live in my small town and smoke meth and wish I could live anywhere else on earth, I guess I could do the first part, but I live in the city and there's no fucking way I'm moving to some small town where people wanna kick my ass for driving a prius.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't get this pop country thing where it's all about how city people suck. Look, if we wanted to live in Frederiksonburgville NC, where there's two churches, a bar, and no pharmacy or hospital, we could afford it. If I wanted to drive a fucking truck, I'd buy one. If I wanted to catch some catfish and kiss my cousin in a cornfield, I guess I could do that too. If I wanted to live in my small town and smoke meth and wish I could live anywhere else on earth, I guess I could do the first part, but I live in the city and there's no fucking way I'm moving to some small town where people wanna kick my ass for driving a prius.
    It's simple: a lot of people (not all, but a lot) who live in those types of towns only see what's right in front of them. It's their whole world. To them, big cities might as well be Mars, and anyone who isn't from where they're from might as well be an alien. I lived in a small town (350 people max) in the middle of nowhere when I was a kid, and you definitely get an "us versus them" vibe out there. Guys like Aldean don't actually give a shit about small towns. They just know people from them will buy his shit if he sings about them.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's simple: a lot of people (not all, but a lot) who live in those types of towns only see what's right in front of them. It's their whole world. To them, big cities might as well be Mars, and anyone who isn't from where they're from might as well be an alien. I lived in a small town (350 people max) in the middle of nowhere when I was a kid, and you definitely get an "us versus them" vibe out there. Guys like Aldean don't actually give a shit about small towns. They just know people from them will buy his shit if he sings about them.
    And it's not like it's a new concept...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If this is right, Jason Aldean is worth 80 million. I'm not criticizing the man for having money, but I do find it funny when these super rich guys (like Kid Rock) try to pass themselves off as Johnny Redneck.
    It's the same idiotic bullshit that conservative types, especially the MAGA cult, blindly fall for (likely because it validates/encourages their racist tendencies): Every Republican president in my lifetime sold themselves as the small-town guy fighting the "coastal elites." Never mind that they are from "elite," rich, powerful families (from the Bush dynasty to Trump). I don't intend to derail this music thread, but, you really can't separate the politics from the music in this case. On a side note, I've enjoyed the idiots screeching whenever I ask why the January 6th insurrectionists weren't among those "undesirables" in the civil unrest footage used in that trash af video...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Creed reunion. New Staind. New Puddle of Mudd. I need not say more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Oh god, I can't imagine a new Staind album in Aaron Lewis's Ultra MAGA phase.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    The 00's are back, baby!

Not really a "shit" song, but I don't feel like I ever have to listen to "There She Goes" ever again.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    my neighbor is blasting Natalie Merchant. She sounds like a muppet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I hope this hasn't been posted already. I saw it fly by on the bandcamp front page and thought...well, I figured I'd at least listen once.

The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Cover Song) by Korn Feat. Yelawolf

thatsanofrommedog.gif

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I drive a Prius too!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I drive a Prius too!
    I actually don't! But I imagine the next car I buy will be electric powered. In the meantime, the Volvo is still running.

And that whole post was a silly joke about how dumb that song is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I drive a Prius too!
    I live in a smallish town (In ND, its considered a big city. Everywhere else, its a small town) and drive a prius. I get tons of dirty looks in parking lots.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I hope this hasn't been posted already. I saw it fly by on the bandcamp front page and thought...well, I figured I'd at least listen once.

The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Cover Song) by Korn Feat. Yelawolf

thatsanofrommedog.gif
    Primus did an awesome cover of this song, Korn just ruined it (as most of their covers...)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Beyonce concert I'm beyond turnt

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    there's some Christian rock band called Skillet (yes, they called themselves Skillet), and they're pushing a book w/ Facebook ads to bring down the Woke agenda.

I don't even need to listen to one second of their music to know it fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This song is dogshit and the chorus bridge vocalization is also obnoxious.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

This song is dogshit and the chorus bridge vocalization is also obnoxious.
    I used to work a job as a karaoke host, and I would want to quit every time someone drunkenly wailed that horrible, horrible song.

If you want to read something awesome, check out Dean Ween ranting about why it's his most hated song of all time. https://www.avclub.com/mickey-dean-w...blo-1798238547