Thread: Canadian Politics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Yeah, those things that had the NDP to win B.C and Wild Rose to win in Alberta!
    That was a stupid question
    I have nothing against the polling firms that are upfront about their sampling methodologies, consistently work to improve them, and don't misrepresent their findings as anything other than a guess based on limited data... but they're not the ones who do these widespread opinion polls. Our news media have been particularly gullible lately about reporting these without bothering to question their validity, and base their election narratives on fairytales as a result.
    Last edited by botley; 08-28-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I have nothing against the polling firms that are upfront about their sampling methodologies, consistently work to improve them, and don't misrepresent their findings as anything other than a guess based on limited data... but they're not the ones who do these widespread opinion polls. Our news media have been particularly gullible lately about reporting these without bothering to question their validity, and base their election narratives on fairytales as a result.
    I read this article a while back about how the media presents polling. I think it was in CJPS but I can't remember the name. If I find it I'll post it, if you are interested.