Thread: Canadian Politics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Where do you guys go usually to get your daily dose of Canadian politics? I'd like a new place to peruse that's well balanced, reasonable and legit. What would you recommend?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Where do you guys go usually to get your daily dose of Canadian politics? I'd like a new place to peruse that's well balanced, reasonable and legit. What would you recommend?
    Good question. I'm getting it from various newsite like CBC, La Presse (French), Huffington Post.
    I glance at the National Post just for shits and giggles but they are definitely not well balanced.
    I'm looking for other alternatives as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    As much as I would love Socknacki to be Mayor I dont think will be able to get the votes.

He is by far the most reasonable but he doesnt stand out in the way that Tory or Chow or the fat man do.

Plus you have to consider the voting majority lives outside Toronto in the burbs and no one that Ive talked to out there even has his on their radar.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    As much as I would love Socknacki to be Mayor I dont think will be able to get the votes.

He is by far the most reasonable but he doesnt stand out in the way that Tory or Chow or the fat man do.

Plus you have to consider the voting majority lives outside Toronto in the burbs and no one that Ive talked to out there even has his on their radar.
    We're working on it (I'm a volunteer leader for his campaign); don't write him off just yet. If you'd like to see him be mayor please consider making a donation to www.soknacki2014.com — every little bit helps!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    We're working on it (I'm a volunteer leader for his campaign); don't write him off just yet. If you'd like to see him be mayor please consider making a donation to www.soknacki2014.com — every little bit helps!

OK. I just pledged some cash.

What Soknacki needs to win over the blue collars is a Canadian icon who can speak to them in a language that they understand.

What's Ed the Sock doing these days?

There are many reasons why this would be perfect.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    OK. I just pledged some cash.

What Soknacki needs to win over the blue collars is a Canadian icon who can speak to them in a language that they understand.

What's Ed the Sock doing these days?

There are many reasons why this would be perfect.
    Thanks for the donation! That's a great idea, I just reached out to him on Twitter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sarah Thompsons dropped out of the mayoral race. I don't know how she ever hoped to win. Now or back in 2010.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Everything will have a bias. I just get mine from lots of sources. CBC, the local papers are good enough. Sometimes I'll check out Sun News (conservative) and Rabble (left wing) just to see what they are up to. Vice Canada actually has some really interesting articles on a regular basis.