Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What songs comfort you?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-28-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Well, I certainly didn't see this coming, but after some time, it now counts. It's encouraging me to check out more Wang Chung.

However, I think the Alvin and the Chipmunks version might've also added to that, since it included the fantasy of living the dream.

I like some Madonna and Over and Over is just one of those comforting songs in regards to living a life of fucking up over and over. Just got to find more reasons to also get up over and over.

I also know that this is pretty much escapism, but the fantasy of falling in love (Or finding the right person that into me to start with.) and running away from it all, always comforted me. (And it's somewhat a bit of a long-term goal for me.)

I think this also speaks for itself. (Which I also found out about through Alvin and the Chipmunks.)

In spite of all my over-thinking and negative/confused thoughts and emotions, I just yearn for joy and simplicity in life, while just doing it my way 100% from here on out should I ever be so lucky, and this song just nailed it for me.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-28-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    scissor sisters. lots and lots of scissor sisters.

all of nightwork, ta-dah, and the self-titled. those three albums came out at significant times in my 20's. they make me feel young.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Likely my two favorite live performance vids.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The lyrics may not be comforting, but for some reason the delivery of the lyrics, the tone/mood always resonated with me since I was a kid. Nothing matters when it comes on.