Thread: Leviathant | Let Dreams Lead - out now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    The Moog Sub 37 that I pre-ordered in April arrived the day before Halloween. I'm still exploring it, and this weekend I decided to put something together. That I've posted it online is probably the side effect of listening to Coil's Time Machines a few times too many in my life, but you can listen to the track here. It's all Moog Sub 37 and outboard effects, multitracked into Reaper, where levels were set, and a stereo mix was output.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The Moog Sub 37 that I pre-ordered in April arrived the day before Halloween. I'm still exploring it, and this weekend I decided to put something together. That I've posted it online is probably the side effect of listening to Coil's Time Machines a few times too many in my life, but you can listen to the track here. It's all Moog Sub 37 and outboard effects, multitracked into Reaper, where levels were set, and a stereo mix was output.
    preliminary thoughts? I played with one over the weekend -- the layout almost seemed too crowded for me, but I guess I'm just used to my relatively sparse little phatty

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    preliminary thoughts? I played with one over the weekend -- the layout almost seemed too crowded for me, but I guess I'm just used to my relatively sparse little phatty
    Well... on one side of the Sub 37, I have a Poly Evolver Keyboard, which has 78 knobs. On the other, a Korg MS2000, with 34 knobs. I think the Sub 37 has 40 knobs. The thing is... it's really well laid out. It was a little bit intimidating at first, but most the functions are right there for the tweaking, and in a very sensible layout. Some of the deeper modulation stuff that's tucked behind menus takes a little getting used to, but I find it to be the most intuitively laid out synthesizer I've used. Instant gratification. It sounds deep in ways my other synths don't, and it's the best looking synth I think I've ever seen, although that's not terribly important. The Voyager's layout looks like it was designed by engineers in 90s CAD software. The Sub 37's layout looks like engineers laid it out, and then handed it over to a clever graphic designer with an eye for efficient, balanced layout.