Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 4497

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Failure
    I believe it's this one...

Whoops, looks like it's on the Adore live DVD...

I knew it was around 9 minutes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Life's a bummer when you're a hummer.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Life's a DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEAAAAAEAAAAG!!!!

Re: Adore as a 2CD album:

I've given it thought here and there, but I've never really been able to sit down and work something out that sounded right to me. Adore's a pretty powerful punch to the gut already, stretching it out would have produced something that could veer dangerously close to tedium for me.

I can, however, easily envision an Adore II comprised entirely of B-Sides and demos that could have worked in a vein similar to GnR's Illusion albums. Not a double album in the true sense, but two albums which are inexorably linked. Shit, a Pisces Iscariot companion piece to it if anything:

Let Me Give The World To You (RR Mix)
    Saturnine
    TBITEITB
    Sparrow
    My Mistake
    Czarina
    Because You Are
    Waiting
    Once In A While
    Cross
    Blissed And Gone

Also, because TEITBITE is one of my favorite tracks, I often hem and haw over an alternate reality where all the terrible shit that happened in 1996 didn't occur, the band was in a happier place after the MCIS tour, and we got another blistering album that went in that direction, a bit rockier. But I wouldn't change Adore for the world (No, I wouldn't change a thing, no I, no...)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Shadaloo
    I hear ya. I f'n love Adore. But if they released an album with more TEITBITE, Saturnine, Lucky 13, etc. heavier type album would be a welcome as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Behold, the thing I did today:
    01. Age of Innocence
    02. Glass & the Ghost Children
    03. Cash Car Star
    04. The Everlasting Gaze
    05. Stand Inside Your Love
    06. White Spyder
    07. Dross
    08. Speed Kills
    09. The Sacred and Profane
    10. Glass
    11. I of the Mourning
    12. Home
    13. Raindrops + Sunshowers
    14. Blue Skies Bring Tears
    15. In My Body
    16. This Time

Use the Machina 1 premaster and it sounds great together.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Behold, the thing I did today:
    01. Age of Innocence
    02. Glass & the Ghost Children
    03. Cash Car Star
    04. The Everlasting Gaze
    05. Stand Inside Your Love
    06. White Spyder
    07. Dross
    08. Speed Kills
    09. The Sacred and Profane
    10. Glass
    11. I of the Mourning
    12. Home
    13. Raindrops + Sunshowers
    14. Blue Skies Bring Tears
    15. In My Body
    16. This Time

Use the Machina 1 premaster and it sounds great together.
    but you skipped my favorite song, "the crying tree of mercury"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I like "Crying Tree" too, along with a bunch of others I left out. IT'S JUST A THING. Try it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What's this Machina I premaster business?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    What's this Machina I premaster business?
    There was a record label promo for Machina I before it was sent off and mastered. There's more headroom, not so blasted out as with the final master. People prefer it over the official release since it gives the album a bit more depth and clarity.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    There was a record label promo for Machina I before it was sent off and mastered. There's more headroom, not so blasted out as with the final master. People prefer it over the official release since it gives the album a bit more depth and clarity.
    Oh well fuck, gotta find that now. Everything from that era is gold to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh well fuck, gotta find that now. Everything from that era is gold to me.
    I'm sure you'll be able to find it easily

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Obligatory reminder of Netphorian soniclovenoize's well-researched construction of both albums together, Glass And The Machines Of God, which uses some sources from said premaster. Easily found through googling.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Recording for Billy's new solo album is done, mixing to go. Title is apparently 'The Land Of Maybe'.

Rick Rubin producing so that fucking terrifies me but apart from that I'm optimistic.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm very interested in whatever it is that this is going to be.

Just seeing him separate some music as "not Smashing Pumpkins" has me very interested in what he's now considering "Pumpkins material" and I'm hoping maybe this solo record frees him up a bit, lets him get some stuff out of his system, explore some different space and make it more easy for him to them really commit to a "modern SP sound" so to speak.

No matter what next year is gonna be a unique one for this band, I'm thinking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like the Tool thread, I see this one bumped, and I'm always hoping for a Machina news.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Like the Tool thread, I see this one bumped, and I'm always hoping for a Machina news.
    I, too, hope for Machina news in the Tool thread

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I, too, hope for Machina news in the Tool thread

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Some Machina news would get my Tool going I tell you what

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Unlike the tool thread, things actually happening are posted here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ImportCDs is having a sale on boxsets, some of the reissue CD boxsets on sale...

Siamese Dream $17.55
    http://www.importcds.com/siamese-dreams/5099967928927

Pisces Iscariot $28.03
    http://www.importcds.com/pisces-iscariot/5099962374026

Mellon Collie $89.87
    http://www.importcds.com/mellon-coll.../5099997852421

Adore $56.96
    http://www.importcds.com/adore/602537851133

I own all of the CD sets and f%$king love them.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    For Halloween I've bought a pair of silver pants which I'm currently wearing with my Zero tee, and I've shaved my head.

I've told absolutely none of my friends.

I'm currently waiting for eight of them to show up at mine for a movie night. The look on their faces is going to be amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    For Halloween I've bought a pair of silver pants which I'm currently wearing with my Zero tee, and I've shaved my head.

I've told absolutely none of my friends.

I'm currently waiting for eight of them to show up at mine for a movie night. The look on their faces is going to be amazing.
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

凸(•_•)凸

Tried to look like as much of an arrogant prick as possible. I think I pulled it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

凸(•_•)凸

Tried to look like as much of an arrogant prick as possible. I think I pulled it off.
    grear job! Fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Thanks

True story; the shirt Billy used to wear was long-sleeved, so I placed an amazon order in at the start of the month for a bootleggy version. It didn't show up until last night, so I had to make do with my regular one you see above. It nags me it wasn't 100% accurate.

In actual SP news: The official TSP FB retweeted an spfreaks post from James' instagram. I know that hardly seems worth bringing up, but after nearly twenty years of silence every single individual account of the old crew getting on together again is just heartwarming to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ok, when is that damn Machina reissue coming out? Before or after the next Guns N' Roses?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I believe our own seasonsinthesky has a good idea what the fuck is up. Cribbed from Netphoria where I first saw it:

"EMI had the Pumpkins rights and an enthusastic team helping make it happen. Then the music portion was sold to Vivendi/Universal Music Group and the publishing to Sony/ATV. I suspect either Universal has no interest in continuing the Pumpkins reissues or there is a red tape divide between Universal and Sony, since the publishing side (Sony) legally must be compensated for the use of copyrighted publishing materials present in the use of Pumpkins recordings (i.e. mechanical royalties for the recording itself, but also publishing royalties for the song contents as well). Something tells me Universal and Sony probably don't play nicely together."

Sounds like a realistic enough scenario to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I do think 2017 could be a big year for the Pumpkins. Given the mess Billy has falled into with these wrestling shenanigans, he might need the money and it might finally be time. And if the reuinion happens, I think some of the other stuff falls into place relatively easily with the right money and marketing backing the train.

I see it as you release the solo Billy album early in the year. You play a small tour of tiny venues and have some fun creatively and build some buzz, have a few special guests out etc. Then during that tour and release cycle, you start to drop nuggets. Boom machina release date. Boom metro dvd release date. BOOM reuinion is official.

Realistically I think it's sold as 20-30 date special tour from may to July, bookmarked by some of the big festivals. No openers. 3 plus hours. You could charge big dollars, people would pay it, and it would live up to the hype if you did it right where everyone got happily paid and Billy isn't viewed as even more of a sell out than he already is.

Call is The Smashing Pumpkins Travelling Circus Timewarp Sideshow or some shit.

First set (Original Lineup - Gish/SD/MC )
    Rocket
    Hummer
    Cherub Rock
    Rhino
    Disarm
    Soma
    Geek
    Mellon Collie into Tonight, Tonight
    Bullet
    Here is No Why
    Siva
    To Forgive
    Zero
    By Starlight

Second Set (featuring Jeff, and cameos by Ginger, Lisa, Nicole, Jimmy, Mikey (a couple songs with both on them on drums at the same time) and several other 2007-2014 era guests)
    Tarantula
    United States
    Celestials
    Oceania
    Pinwheels
    Superchrist
    Gossamer

Third Set (Original Lineup Returns for Adore/Machina with some Melissa action, maybe Matt Walker, Mike Garson?)
    To Sheila
    Adore
    Everlasting Gaze
    Tear
    Eye
    Blank Page
    HMM
    Beginning is the End
    Glass and the Ghost Children
    Snail
    Window Paine
    Starla (Everyone returns to the stage for one massive group jam)

Encore
    Bodies
    Mayo
    Ruby
    I Am One

Encore 2
    Silverfuck
    Today

I realize this set is a bit too long and Billy would probably die at the end of it but you could sub in a few songs from night to night and rotate them in so each city's set would still be a bit unique. Sell the recordings of each night digitally.

Billy hasn't had a business manager worth his weight in feathers since as long as I can remember. Is it really that hard? So much money to be made here. The timing is right. Let's fuckin see it happen.
    Last edited by valiantsteed; 11-07-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @valiantsteed
    That would be nice, but Billy has created some bad blood with lots of the previous members for hire, especially Nicole. So I doubt she would ever be a part of the band again. He's done some truly dick moves.

I think a line up with the original band plus Jeff as a third guitarist would be quite doable. Three guitars would help flesh out and drive some of the heavier tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I dont know. I dont think Nicole got that much of a shaft to be above a nice payday to play less than half a set. How hard could that possibly be to swallow your pride for that? I mean I don't know the intimate details of what happenered there, but still.

I agree it would be tough to get the perfect alignment of everyone coming back from all the different eras, but so long as you had the original 4 you could swap a bunch of different people in and out and still get the same effect.