Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Using the "auto" quality selection looked HD to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    Using the "auto" quality selection looked HD to me.
    Yeah on a 60" TV it makes a real difference. I'll be waiting for the full HD version to be uploaded.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Great video, though I did find myself laughing at a couple points: when Sharlotte did her attitude pose, and at the end when Robin kind of looks like Nigel from This Is Spinal Tap. Glad they were having fun.
    I loved this video just because of Sharlotte! She (and everyone else) looked like they had a lot of fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, PBS in San Diego decided that ACL was not worth showing tonight. This 480p stream looks so awful on my 1440p monitor, so I guess I'll just wait for the HD rips when they pop up.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    All right! I made it in during "Hurt." For all the trouble getting into the show, it's a great souvenir.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Glad PBS posted the show online. That was a great watch. Hopefully someone gets a good HD version uploaded at some point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, my local PBS is airing some really terrifying indie film before NIN comes on. I guess this is setting the mood...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Of all things, that was a pretty great performance of Hurt.

And after getting a "peek behind the curtain," I want an entire concert recording of nothing but Alessandro's station.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I hope a full version pops up somewhere, that was really fun to watch. Surprised they censored the online version, weird the word piss was censored.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

And after getting a "peek behind the curtain," I want an entire concert recording of nothing but Alessandro's station.
    dude, I just came here to post basically exactly that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Of all things, that was a pretty great performance of Hurt.

Yes! Let's latch a couple GoPros on whatever free space he has back there and upload it!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I sort of said this before but yep......i don't care what kind of technical glory the Tension production was i think the ACL show blows it out of the water. (not to slight the immense work that went in to the Tension visuals)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love how we get to see how some of the sounds are being made. The camera guys did their jobs well with this one. I like how we can see that Josh Eustis is actually doing some work because I remember alot of people were saying he wasn't doing much during Tension, but the evidence here says otherwise. Sure he had shakers on Piggy but that's not the only thing the man did, give him a break.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm love love loving how much people are dancing the fuck out to TBCD

and by people I mean especially women!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I'm love love loving how much people are dancing the fuck out to TBCD

and by people I mean especially women!
    just watching my DVR replay here. i can't hear robin's guitar at all during TBCD.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Was that Vinnie Paul in the front row?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    just watching my DVR replay here. i can't hear robin's guitar at all during TBCD.
    Must have been one of the ETS Robin haters doing the sound mix lol.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Great. I stayed up to watch this on my sister's tv, and both PBS stations decided not to air it although it was listed. Thanks a lot PBS SoCal and KVCR. You ruined my Saturday night.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just finished watching the "regular" low-quality stream, and for whatever reason Alessandro always seemed to look twice as pixellated as everyone else. Is he, like, pixellated in Real Life and I just hadn't noticed before? This walking bundle of jagged edges or something. Anyway.

Awesome, awesome show they broadcast. I wonder if being on ACL will win NIN any new converts.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Great. I stayed up to watch this on my sister's tv, and both PBS stations decided not to air it although it was listed. Thanks a lot PBS SoCal and KVCR. You ruined my Saturday night.
    If you're watching PBS SoCal, it comes on at midnight.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If you're watching PBS SoCal, it comes on at midnight.
    Thanks. I'm super tired so I will just have to watch it tomorrow on my MacBook.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Was that Vinnie Paul in the front row?
    DVR'ed it, had some other shit to do. Anyone confirm or deny Vinnie Paul being there?....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Just finished watching the "regular" low-quality stream, and for whatever reason Alessandro always seemed to look twice as pixellated as everyone else. Is he, like, pixellated in Real Life and I just hadn't noticed before? This walking bundle of jagged edges or something. Anyway.

Awesome, awesome show they broadcast. I wonder if being on ACL will win NIN any new converts.
    He's not a real person. Usually the tech onstage is good enough to make him look real but this one being without their own setup was rough.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm so disappointed with what i get: no hd, can't find a way to rip those CC, and GODDAM they cut VMOE and Even Deeper (with that amazing voice solo)
    PS: If someone got access to a TV fullHD recording, plz run a CCextractor on it, it's a small free tool
    Last edited by ninjaw; 04-06-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That "low quality" video looked pretty good on my 21 inch iMac screen. I've seen much worse than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My god bare with me... I know not of timing signatures or whatever the musical term is but my mind almost imploded during All Time Low when Trent filled in the melody of Closer at the end. I never realized how similar in timing those beats are. Someone please explain it better then me..lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    While this doesn't help y'all with the low quality online stream, if anyone has an Apple TV, you can add/go to the PBS channel and the show is available. Looks like a gorgeous, HD stream to me and it sounds superb. Of course, being on the Apple TV, that doesn't leave any downloading options.

What a great fucking performance/edit/everything. Even In This Twilight sounded superb, when usually every recording makes the chorus sound like a muddled mess. Beautiful.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Trent may joke about being able to see himself, but I suspect they’re still pushing the limits as far as lighting for TV goes.

At 480p the PBS stream is dropping frames left and right, so even if it was HD it would still suck. (No wonder ACL put the previews up on Vimeo.) But if nothing else, the audio is pristine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Here's what's cut from the broadcast:

Disappointed
    Find My Way
    Various Methods Of Escape
    Satellite
    Running
    I Would For You
    Survivalism
    Even Deeper
    Dammit, I Would For You is getting NO love as far as tour documentation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wait, shit and piss (?) needed to be censored too? Wtf America... I was hoping for an uncensored version online.

Other than that it's great so far, this band just sounds fucking amazing. Too bad Even Deeper got cut though.