Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I already hate everybody who will get to see any of the Fantastic Planet shows.
    They did a whole tour of that just a few years ago, though. And even released a live album from it? I mean it's cool they're doing it again, but the other two albums seem like the hugest draw here.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    They did a whole tour of that just a few years ago, though. And even released a live album from it? I mean it's cool they're doing it again, but the other two albums seem like the hugest draw here.
    And just like that tour, I was gone the entire time they were on the road. Same thing again here. And don't get me wrong, I like the other ones, but FP was a staple album in my formative music years.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    They totally stole the idea from APC, right? Any other bands did this? Touring with multiple albums at once, I mean.
    Lots of other bands do full album tours; I just think there aren't many bands who either have the desire to tour more than one of them, and/or the fan base to make it a viable option. I don't think what APC did was at all novel (aka, not an idea that could really be "stolen" from them). All they did was taken an existing tour structure and expand it. It's like saying someone stole the idea of playing for two hours just because lots of other bands play for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    They totally stole the idea from APC, right? Any other bands did this? Touring with multiple albums at once, I mean.
    Don't Failure and APC have/have had a good amount of member overlap/collabaration over the years?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Don't Failure and APC have/have had a good amount of member overlap/collabaration over the years?
    Definitely a fair bit of history, yeah. Troy was only in APC's first incarnation, and is an on-again-off-again touring guitarist with Failure. Greg was part of APC's most recent tour, filling in for James Iha. There was a fair bit of crossover for Maynard's 50th birthday bash in LA. Maynard was also part of the Replicants project with both Greg and Ken.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Failure

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Not really: just Troy Van Leeuwen as the second guitarist/utility/renholder role.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Definitely a fair bit of history, yeah. Troy was only in APC's first incarnation, and is an on-again-off-again touring guitarist with Failure. Greg was part of APC's most recent tour, filling in for James Iha. There was a fair bit of crossover for Maynard's 50th birthday bash in LA. Maynard was also part of the Replicants project with both Greg and Ken.
    Correction: Greg too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Actually I've been getting into Failure only recently, like for the last year or so, after listening to APC since forever ago. And I'm amazed to discover how much Fantastic Planet influenced APC sound, especially early on Mer De Noms era.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Even if Failure got this new touring idea from APC, I’d say it evens up the score. After all, APC has about 95% of the population convinced that “The Nurse Who Loved Me” is their own, original song.

Anyhow, I am going to Magnified night at the Bowery. Hopefully they play some of the new songs during an extended encore. After I heard about Ken’s divorce it puts that whole album through a different lens.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So from which songs are the stems from off the digital bonus download? And do I still receive that link when I buy the album in their store?

'Cause I bought the album digitally when it came out, but I'm willing to buy it again if that means I'll get the link to the bonus stuff. Doing remixes and so on...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I need a physical copy of "Fantastic Planet", but CD is fuckin expensive, maaan...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I need a physical copy of "Fantastic Planet", but CD is fuckin expensive, maaan...
    Same, same. Which is why I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I hope this maybe leads to individual reissues that you can buy on other formats. I mean, getting hold of those master tapes and doing all that work... I would hope the albums would find their way into an even wider market.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    that would be great @piggy , i know physical media is pretty much dead, but i would buy them!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bought the box and tix to the Magnified show. Wish they weren't so far away.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ken goes in detail about the remaster vinyls.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope the digital included is high res FLAC.

The high res download of The Heart is a Monster was 16-bit, 96kHz.

The download of Fantastic Planet Live was 32-bit, 48kHz

The download of some of the really long title album was 24-bit, 44.1kHz.

I suppose I should order. $120 for three album (and bonus) is a better deal than the $340 4-album Front Line Assembly boxset.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New episode. Ken sings and plays along to "Saturday Savior" from Fantastic Planet.

Failure guitar tone discussion too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rumor has it that Ken is remixing Magnified with live drums. The original was done strictly with a drum machine (hence some of the harsh entries into songs like Let It Drip). I am excited to see what this yields. Apparently no changes will be made to vocals or guitars...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Band update.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^
    They used a picture from NIN show for Bowery venue, nice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow! I am blown away by the new, HD version of "Stuck On You" – it's a revelation. I liked the video before, but now I feel like I truly love it. I hope the band uploads it on its own soon.

Also – did anyone get their download code for the album remasters?

I don't collect vinyl anymore so I can't justify the boxset purchase, but even if I did, it's still out of my price range. Really hoping the band releases a "download only" purchase option – I saw someone else ask about that on the above update, and Ken seemed to hint that they're considering it (though I'm guessing it's far from a sure thing).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I haven't received mine yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The download is here!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The download is here!
    Is it high res?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Is it high res?
    16/44.1 flac or mp3.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope they come out on their own. I just can’t afford the boxset at this time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I hope they come out on their own. I just can’t afford the boxset at this time.
    Same. I'm dying to hear these new mixes and the boxset ain't cheap! (especially for a non-vinyl collector)

Has anyone listened to their digital download? Do the albums (especially the first two) sound as great as I imagine they do?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ken confirmed the digital only version of the box is coming.
    They sound great, just don't expect higher DR numbers. If you liked how the recent two records sound, you'll love it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.hellomerch.com/collectio..._GFr-4StKOm5VE

Sorry for the double post, but the digital version of the box was just announced.
    Looks like the outtakes/demos are exclusive to the physical box, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's been a real long time since I've posted, but I just want to reiterate how great Saturday Saviour is. Fucking awesome song to start the day on a Saturday.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)