Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So where do we masturbate to the song-by-song setlist live report?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, if that's legit, not too adventurous. Glad to see "Only" and "The Hand That Feeds" remain a happy couple after all these years, much like "HLAH" and "Hurt." : )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just spotted that on twitter and came to post it here as well

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    yeah, not much electronic TF stuff here

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So more TF material = no songs from TF at all, wow. BYIT is cool, and the opening is definetly interesting (can't wait to see how they started meimnot up), but overall I'm disappointed.

True, they play many shows now in the same area, so we can't really make conclusions just yet, but no TF? At all? What?

Edit: oh, and welcome back Gave Up!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If that's the actual setlist, I'm disappointed. Little to no production AND a short/standard setlist? I hope that'll change after those warm-up shows in Japan.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can picture myself enjoying the show till survivalism and end up being a little disappointed by disappointed and so on.
    Good to see BYIT and Gave up back, though.
    Hope we can get to hear some rarities tomorrow and then.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 02-25-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought TR said they were playing more "electronic and aggressive" bits that they haven't played in a while? That set list doesn't really fit that description. This set reads like a "best of" NIN with BYIT thrown in for the hell of it. And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.

Then again, we are judging a tour by its first date, and that is never a good idea, especially for NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ha, we have a similar sentiment about "Disappointed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And why is that Aeson's first post? Seems odd.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Good to see TLBTB and Gave up back, though.
    It's BYIT, not TLBTB.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimdowninit View Post
    There's no TPF on the setlist, so it seems legit. But sure, we can't take it granted yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very long time lurker, hadn't seen anyone post this setlist yet so thought I'd throw it on here for people that would appreciate it. Everyone needs to make a first post at some point

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    It's BYIT, not TLBTB.
    Edited just before you quoted me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Very long time lurker, hadn't seen anyone post this setlist yet so thought I'd throw it on here for people that would appreciate it. Everyone needs to make a first post at some point
    Hi, didn't mean to be snippy.

I was mostly remarking on the fact that one wonders how a big enough fan, resourceful enough to score a setlist, would not have bit more history here. Despite my general blabbering about the setlist and sense of entitlement, I do appreciate you posting. Welcome to ETS.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I thought TR said they were playing more "electronic and aggressive" bits that they haven't played in a while? That set list doesn't really fit that description. This set reads like a "best of" NIN with BYIT thrown in for the hell of it. And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.

Then again, we are judging a tour by its first date, and that is never a good idea, especially for NIN.
    I sure hope they have production for Disappointing, cuz that song can't stand it's own in a live setting without it. You might enjoy laing back, listening to the overly-minimalist album version, giving you a sense of something, but it'd just suck live without cool effects. If Trent want to jam for 3 minutes, then put a Ghost track in there, at least it'd be refreshing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, didn't mean to be snippy.

I was mostly remarking on the fact that one wonders how a big enough fan, resourceful enough to score a setlist, would not have bit more history here. Despite my general blabbering about the setlist and sense of entitlement, I do appreciate you posting. Welcome to ETS.
    No offence taken. I'm actually going to the shows in Sydney and Newcastle next week so I was keeping an eye on twitter and instagram for setlist updates when this popped up. There's a few clips on instagram from the show that seem to support this setlist so I presume it's legit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where are said clips?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I couldn't disagree more about Disappointed, I think it comes across as a bit flat in an arena setting where the music isn't loud enough but think it could be great in a club where everyone is, you know, dancing rather than just standing thereand the music is really all encompassing. It's one of my favourite songs on HM.

I wonder how they're going to do All Time Low?

I really hope that they find some way of translating while I'm still here / black noise for the Europe shows, I want to hear Trent play the sax

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The setlist actually got me quite excited. Also fuck the light show, if they play this at one of my gigs I'm spending the whole thing with my eyes closed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is that Ilan with a bass? (Could be Ally, hard to tell).

http://instagram.com/p/k1r33NFKlf/#

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Small pic of Me I'm Not, found while browsing japanese twitter posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    >more electronic and aggressive
    >only, thtf, hlah, hurt
    >only 2 songs from yz
    >no songs from tf

>wat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I want to hear Trent play the sax
    Dare you to bring one to the Birmingham show. It worked *really* well when we all brought tambourines to Wolverhampton in 2007.

(it totally didn't)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't get why people think some tiny venue warm up shows are indicative of an entire tour. I'm just glad stuff from the last album is able to be played, I was worried he might scale back on that. I actually would like to hear Closer and more stuff from the fragile definitely

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool. Both songs sound great in this config. Nice. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...At some point in the tour, would a ton of Fragile tracks dropped into a set list not coincide with the re-release of this 'deluxe' Fragile? Sounds like good promotion to me.