1 Post(s)
    Speaking of covers.. One of my favs.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Found this at Goodwill on VHS the other day, figured it was worth a looksy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gilmour_Live_1984

I see there it was never released on VHS in the UK and it was never released on DVD in the US. Weird.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    One of my favorite covers.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The YouTube version has the audio cut for stupid reasons.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just found this yesterday on YouTube. It's a promo video for David Gilmour's first solo album, that's only been previously available in rather poor quality. His brother mark is playing rhythm guitar.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Just found this yesterday on YouTube. It's a promo video for David Gilmour's first solo album, that's only been previously available in rather poor quality. His brother mark is playing rhythm guitar.

Nice visual upgrade; but I thought they played "Mihalis" too?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They did, but isn't a part of this I guess.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The new 2K version of Pompeii will be screened at a Montreal Festival starting tomorrow, with Director Adrian Maben presenting it and probably fielding questions. Furthermore, here's a statement from the man responsible for the 2K master about the work that went into this, and the discovery of nearly an hour's worth of unseen footage only recently recovered from Maben himself while cleaning out his apartment.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Recent hubbub is that David is working on the follow-up record to On An Island. Graham Nash said that he and David Crosby are providing back-up vocals like they did for the title track, and for several dates on David's European and U.S. tours in 2006. That awesomeness aside, I'm looking forward to wearing out DG's next album. Would be funny if both his and Roger's next solo album both came out next year, considering it would be 30 years after About Face and Pros & Cons Of Hitch-Hiking.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If that is true and he and Roger would both put out solo records at the same time. Would they have a bet over who gets the higher chart placement in the U.K. and for how much?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Wish someone would remaster "Music for the Body", sometimes i think nobody cares for that album (not even Waters...)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Wish someone would remaster "Music for the Body", sometimes i think nobody cares for that album (not even Waters...)
    I care. I think it's time for a remastering job. In fact, there should be another box set to collect all of the solo work from the members of Floyd including some unreleased tracks and such w/ liner notes from the surviving members of the band.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    If that is true and he and Roger would both put out solo records at the same time. Would they have a bet over who gets the higher chart placement in the U.K. and for how much?
    I'd think Roger would get a bump in sales because of the exposure he's had with the Wall tours, both on stage and in the media. On An Island sold quite well, partly on the basis that it came less than a year after Live8.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I care. I think it's time for a remastering job. In fact, there should be another box set to collect all of the solo work from the members of Floyd including some unreleased tracks and such w/ liner notes from the surviving members of the band.
    That's a great idea! I believe even "David Gilmour" and "About to face" are out of print, i would be great to see these albums in a remastered form too!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I bought both of those CDs when they were remastered by James Guthrie in 2006. The sound quality is okay but I never play them, Gilmour's solo music is not really my cup of tea these days. If you're really that interested in having them I may be able to part with both, make an offer over PM.

Great news re: recent Pompeii discoveries! Let's hope it amounts to a Blu-ray release.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Still waiting for Roger's DSOTM tour dvd. Any updates on that recently?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I believe it's still in the cards. I am purely guessing that he or Sony wants to release them in tandem with each other, but probably not right around when his solo album comes out as I'm sure they don't want to flood the market with 3 new Roger Waters releases all at once.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    A new update on this indicates this version will be released later in the year, in not just SACD stereo but 5.1 as well, with some new graphics and content yet to be announced.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Of the solo albums Roger made, that one is his best with The Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking being 2nd. I hope he can remaster that one as well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That and The Final Cut would sound great in 5.1, but the holy grail would be if they did new surround mixes of Atom Heart Mother and Meddle. Animals and the two Gilmour-Floyd records would be great too, of course.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I even like "Radio kaos", yet "Amused" is the best one, do you guys have noticed that "Amused to Death" and "A momentary Lapse of reason" are VERY similar? (themes, music, guitars...)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That's kinda the way EVERYTHING sounded in 1987.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The Division Bell to be re-released as 7-disc (mostly vinyl, with a Blu-ray featuring new 5.1 mix) box set

No unreleased material or other videos, but I'm getting it. This features Storm's best artwork in my opinion and it'll be nice to have a full-sized version of it. Not to mention a surround sound version of it.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 05-20-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not sure if the 5.1 mix was necessary but yeah, for the art alone is worth it...

I would prefer an "Ummagumma experience edition" but i don't think it will happen

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Pretty fucking expensive for even the standard set imo though, does Gilmour really need another Rolls Royce? It's a great album imo but if it sticks at that price (no Amazon listing yet, so just band store price to go on), then I'll pass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Here is the U.S. Amazon listing, considerably less than the UK version thankfully for us Yanks.

And this may be the only time I get to say this, but here's the new Pink Floyd video

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    And there's not even a bonus disc with outtakes and stuff? This reissue is pointless to me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm surprised they didn't put The Big Spliff as a bonus disc with it. It could come out later, but this would have been the right time to put it in, that or they didn't deem it worthy of release.