Page 470 of 486 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 468 469 470 471 472 480 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Woah, 19 match card for ROH TV this week. Damn I immediately thought of this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ran into Malakai Black and Buddy Mathews yesterday and said hello (didn’t make a scene of it since it was personal time for them). They’re staying at the same place I am. Both were very friendly.

Also saw Toni Storm with Juice Robinson and the Gunns out on the strip but did not interact.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Goddamn, another classic match from The Bloodline. That was so fun to watch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This whole CM Punk thing is a work, you can come back and quote this post when they start talking about "long term story telling".

Whoever beats the hell out of him, is going to be over as fuck.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They promised Anarchy, and they didn't false advertise. The explosive superkick, the thumbtacks in the heel.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Favorite gimmick in the Anarchy In The Arena matches is easily Wild Thing playing on repeat until someone physically stops it from playing. I was wondering if they were going to do that gag again this year and boy did they not disappoint.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Is The Iron Sheik still alive?
    Sadly, not anymore, weird we're just talking about him.

TK also announced the main event for the first Collision FTR and CM Punk VS Bullet Club and Samoa Joe.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

TK also announced the main event for the first Collision FTR and CM Punk VS Bullet Club and Samoa Joe.
    Immediately in the main event of the new show for no reason with no context involved. I love it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Even AEW has concerns of Punks ability to perform without injury. Homeboy on that Ric Flair at 72 tag team run

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

Damn! What a strange synchronicity. God Bless the Iron Sheik. He brought me SO much joy.

SO. I've a question, WWF fans: what was your favorite match to see live, WAY back in the Day?

I saw a LOT of my 80s heroes: Ricky Steamboat, Texas Tornadoes, Jake the Snake...but NOTHING compared to Mr. Bret Motherfucking Hart vs Rick Flair.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Damn! What a strange synchronicity. God Bless the Iron Sheik. He brought me SO much joy.

SO. I've a question, WWF fans: what was your favorite match to see live, WAY back in the Day?

I saw a LOT of my 80s heroes: Ricky Steamboat, Texas Tornadoes, Jake the Snake...but NOTHING compared to Mr. Bret Motherfucking Hart vs Rick Flair.
    Never got to see any of my favorite 80's and 90's WWE heroes, excluding The Undertaker.

I would have loved to see Bret Hart...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    2K23's GM Mode is a friggin blast.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Never got to see any of my favorite 80's and 90's WWE heroes, excluding The Undertaker.

I would have loved to see Bret Hart...
    Yeah, but...you saw The Undertaker!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Yeah, but...you saw The Undertaker!
    I saw Undertaker, amongst many others including Stone Cold, at Wrestlemania when they had it in Seattle.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I saw Undertaker, amongst many others including Stone Cold, at Wrestlemania when they had it in Seattle.
    I saw Bob Backlund!

Stone Cold is after my time: I'm not really sure what that is.
    But I quit going to/watching WWF shows in like 93, at 12 or 13.

I DID love Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Iron Sheik (rip), Rowdy Roddy Piper, Undertaker, Hacksaw Jim, Ricky Steamboat, Honky Tonk Man, Ultimate Warrior, etc.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I saw Bob Backlund!

Stone Cold is after my time: I'm not really sure what that is.
    But I quit going to/watching WWF shows in like 93, at 12 or 13.

I DID love Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Iron Sheik (rip), Rowdy Roddy Piper, Undertaker, Hacksaw Jim, Ricky Steamboat, Honky Tonk Man, Ultimate Warrior, etc.
    Hulk fought Mr McMahon but it was pretty lame. Both were way past their prime. It was a pretty fun day, really long show. I went through a phase when I was really into it but not really anymore.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Here's the line-up from Wrestlemania in Seattle. I saw a few other events that were pretty good.
    Chief Morley and Lance Storm (c) (with The Dudley Boyz) defeated Kane and Rob Van Dam Tag team match for the World Tag Team Championship 7:02
    2 Matt Hardy (c) (with Shannon Moore) defeated Rey Mysterio Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship 5:37
    3 The Undertaker defeated Big Show and A-Train Handicap match 12:42
    4 Trish Stratus defeated Victoria (c) (with Steven Richards) and Jazz Triple threat match for the WWE Women's Championship 10:17
    5 Team Angle (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) (c) defeated Chris Benoit and Rhyno and Los Guerreros (Chavo Guerrero and Eddie Guerrero) Triple Threat Tag Team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship 11:48
    6 Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho Singles match 22:32
    7 Triple H (c) (with Ric Flair) defeated Booker T Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 18:47
    8 Hulk Hogan defeated Mr. McMahon Street Fight
    Had Hogan lost, he would have had to retire.
    20:48
    9 The Rock defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin Singles match 17:54
    10 Brock Lesnar defeated Kurt Angle (c) Singles match for the WWE Championship
    Had Angle been counted out, disqualified, or had anyone interfered on his behalf, he would have also lost the title
    21:08

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Collision was a blast and it was special when Joe and Punk faced off again. I got goosebumps.

I also loved the offbeat brutal match Andrade and Buddy had.

I still think CMFTR vs Elite will happen. Especially after tonight. I did not like nor did I participate in the “Fuck the Elite” chant. I think Punk is working and The Bucks’ new Twitter caption seems to be in kind. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-17-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Punk looked slow and really bad in the ring. Overall, kind of thought it was a boring main event on an otherwise interesting show tonight. Now I know how people who didn’t like Hogan felt watching Nitro in 1995.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-17-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Agreed. He tagged out within 30 seconds of entering the ring almost every single time, aside from the like last minute of the match. Thought his promo was really cringey too. Motherfucker is the Donald Trump of professional wrestling.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well, now you have two of the worst posts here (that’s a deep cut, I know—Death Grips). Congrats.

“The Donald Trump of professional wrestling” Jesus Christ, you’re a fucking child. So far off point. I really hope this is the last attention you get from me because you’re such a miserable hipster and I do feel sorry for you.

Anyway, to address the other more legit criticism from Jake—I don’t think it was 30 seconds but he was easing back in and I think it made sense to but I understand that POV. I don’t agree he looked slow or bad, though. I do need to rewatch as being in a live setting is different.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-18-2023 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Show was alright, I’ve been seeing a consensus online saying it was better than AEW has ever been and “it’s the best show in months” and honestly I find it hilarious. I also find it hilarious from reading stuff online that people acted like AEW was dogshit until “One Bill Phil” signed with the company.

To avoid shit like above I’ll just say it was CM Punk doing his best usual shit you hate him or love him for. I’m in the camp where I didn’t care if I ever seen him again so there’s that.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-18-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Well, now you have two of the worst posts here (that’s a deep cut, I know—Death Grips). Congrats.
    Is this a reference to something because I like Death Grips and maybe you don't? A bit confused.

Anyway, to address the other more legit criticism from Jake—I don’t think it was 30 seconds but he was easing back in and I think it made sense to but I understand that POV. I don’t agree he looked slow or bad, though. I do need to rewatch as being in a live setting is different.
    I mean, he had the rest spot with Joe and then little bits of action here and there before all the quick tags and posing for the crowd. I have friends I talk to that turned the match off because they were bored at how slow and sloppy it felt, so I'm sure it was exciting in a crowd that eats whatever Phil shits out but on TV it felt tired. He was definitely the 6th best wrestler in that 6-man tag.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Is this a reference to something because I like Death Grips and maybe you don't? A bit confused.
    No this dumbass is still holding a grudge from the Death Grips thread like... 6 fucking years ago? Dude is fucking obsessed with talking shit on me for some reason and always sent me DMs talking shit on me and saying I'm the worst poster on ETS or some shit like I honestly cared about his opinion of me? Blocked him, and yet he still hasn't stopped.

“The Donald Trump of professional wrestling” Jesus Christ, you’re a fucking child. So far off point. I really hope this is the last attention you get from me because you’re such a miserable hipster and I do feel sorry for you.
    If you took two seconds to ever actually think about a response rather than react like a republican whataboutism troll, you might have understood that I was getting at no matter what Phil does or says in the ring, his cult like fanbase will never ever find anything wrong with it. He hasn't had one single decent match ever since he returned to wrestling but still, any match he's in is "the best match of the year" or like Space Suicide said, people say "AEW has never been better".

He's 10000% the Donald Trump of wrestling because he doesn't give a fuck about the sport, the industry, or his fellow locker room. All he cares about is his personal image, getting himself over, and throwing anyone else under the bus he can to achieve that. He spews toxic garbage constantly on the mic and off. He doesn't respect anything other than his own brand. He's not even a decent wrestler and the cult of CM Punk has motherfuckers thinking he's better than the entire NJPW roster or some shit. It has nothing to do with personal politics, just like it never has anything to do with personal politics with Trump either. Just whatever he can do to be on top. So THAT'S what I meant. Also when anyone says anything negative about Trump to Trump people, they immediately respond with name calling and personal attacks, just like you do anytime anyone says anything negative about Philip.

Who's REALLY the ~fUcKiNg ChIld~
    Last edited by richardp; 06-18-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Lots of doubling down and whatabouts happening there. Not surprised. You’re always the victim instead of, you know, thinking through the idiotic hyperbolic shit you post—most recently, the defense of Win Butler. Yikes.

Acting like you don’t actively troll posts of mine is also cute. But again, expected and I had been ignoring it.

All you had to do here is what others have done much more respectfully and tactfully and say you don’t like Punk.

Take your own advice and look in the mirror. You are doing all of the things you’re accusing me of. You’re never going to get better if you keep doing that.

I’m turning you back off. So any other conversation would need to happen in DMs, which I tried talking sense to you in a number of times.

On topic, the MJF feud in its entirety proves you wrong.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-18-2023 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

JFC

ANYWAAAAYS, Buddy Matthews and El Idolo most definitely had the best match of the night last night. That was some solid fuckin story telling in that one. Glad El Idolo is finally back. I missed seeing that dude in the ring.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm still alive, by the way. Just never on my computer anymore to post my stuff. That being said, I still post my footage on my YouTube channel <3

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Glad you're ok, Shawn!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wrestling is fun. Omega/Ospreay and Dragon/Okada were easily ***** apiece. Plus THE FINAL FUCKING COUNTDOWN.