Page 439 of 483 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 449 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,170 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    i know the guy was disrespectful to the business, but man...
    It is serious for him, serious in the sense that it was/is his livelihood and to have all of that fucked up because of Russo (and his ilk -- which has directly led to where wrestling is now [ignoring COVID] and the much lower crowd/viewing numbers than any time previously). You put decades of work into helping nourish an industry by protecting it and not exposing the talent and to have it fucked with because someone thinks they can tell a story but has never been near a ring (or locker room) and doesn't seem to actually care about the talent... yeah... there's cause.

Let's put it this way, Cornette's affectionate name for him is "Shitstain", the level of contempt and hatred he has for Russo is nearly unlimited from what I can tell... and only a bit theatrical (would Cornette go and piss on his grave if he could get away with it? I suspect he would... but if he couldn't help himself and couldn't get away with it, he'd make sure to film it).

Never knew much about New Jack. He doesn't seem like a person I want to spend quality time with...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Cornette and his fans are more out of touch than Vince McMahon. Kayfabe is dead. As a promoter, writer, booker and/or performer, you can deal with that and if you’re really good, you can harness it. Or, you can come off like the old man yelling at the kids on your lawn except it’s not your lawn anymore because you nearly destroyed ROH trying to make it Smoky Mountain 2. Of course, a dipshit alt right news company DID ruin it soon thereafter but still....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Do you guys want a free tshirt?

Im looking to lighten my merch load (and im working on new tshirt designs during this down time)

Admiditly, the slip - inspired tshirt isnt selling well, because nobody understands the reference, and its following my coolest tshirt design ever (the broken skull)..so I'm pretty sure I've got size small - 2x and im willing to send them to my ETS friends 100% for free. You all REALLY helped me keep sane during my time off, and its the LEAST I could do <3

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

Im looking to lighten my merch load (and im working on new tshirt designs during this down time)

Admiditly, the slip - inspired tshirt isnt selling well, because nobody understands the reference, and its following my coolest tshirt design ever (the broken skull)..so I'm pretty sure I've got size small - 2x and im willing to send them to my ETS friends 100% for free. You all REALLY helped me keep sane during my time off, and its the LEAST I could do <3
    Oh yes, I will bite. Would love to sport one of your shirts around KC!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

(Plz pm me with your address and size! I've actually got s-2x)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The Revival were future endeavored.

Once this shitty virus is handled, we’ll finally get them vs Young Bucks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

I can't wait, tho I hope they don't fast track the match. I'd love a proper build with the Top Guys and the Bucks going to war in a straight up tag clinic at either Double or Nothing or Full Gear.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Never was a fan, but im glad for them, they wanted this for a long time...

Seems Royal Farms Arena has cancelled the MITB event, but the WWE is still promoting matches, i hope they don't follow through.
    Vince needs to understand it's ok to stop at this moment...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    awful, disgusting, and political.
    they should be shut down.

and by that logic from the governor, technically AEW would fit into that same category.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think the empire is crumbling before our very eyes.

The Saudi deal going sideways, the major stock market fluctuations, top corporate VIPs fired, cutting down on house shows, the reports of low morale among much of the talent, all before Corona. Add to which the empty TVs and WrestleMania, and as of yesterday the XFL declaring bankruptcy, all add up to a pile of shit Vince may finally be outmatched to overcome.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-14-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Multiple releases today—Slater, Gallows, EC3, Maverick, Anderson, Rush, Young Logan, and Hawkins. Supposedly Storm and Helms were let go as producers. With more coming...add Rotunda, Armstrong, Buck, Daivari, Kidman, Stock, Angle and Finlay. Aiden English got let go too. As did Chioda. It just keeps coming. Absolutely brutal.

WWE owned just under 24% of XFL stock. Just sayin’ these fucking billionaires never take a hit themselves. Hope these guys find work. I think it’s a guarantee Gallows and Anderson will be fine.

Vince sucks.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-15-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anderson and Gallows should JOINDARKORDER.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fucking brutal. Drake still has to go back out and wrestle knowing that he’s cut.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Fucking brutal. Drake still has to go back out and wrestle knowing that he’s cut.

That video was fuckin' heartbreaking

Shitty thing about the releases, in a way im sad for Rusev, but also happy, he deserves all success.
    Some other guys i liked but WWE wasn't using them anyway, i'm not justifying the WWE, but i understand; most of them don't need the WWE to get over and are great talents like Gallows and Anderson.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really feel for Maverick. He's clearly crushed by this. Angle is gone. Lance Storm, who closed his school in order to go be a producer for WWE, gone. This is probably just the beginning. Horrible news.

I figure XFL figures into this as well. It just came out that Vince lied to investors (again) and actually did invest into XFL using WWE funds.

Horrible, all around. And the fucked up thing about all of this is that WWE is a borderline billion dollar company that didn't really need to resort to this. Better them than the McMahons.

And it's amazing this happens right after pretty much bribing the florida governor to be considered "essential".

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Add Mike and Maria Kanellis as well as Primo and Epico. And Ryder, No Way Jose, Rusev.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-15-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    SRS and Jimmy Van just wrapped up - their speculation is that this is solely to meet the profit targets they set for Q1 thus far and to keep the shareholders happy. Stock is up a few bucks right now. WWE has $500 MM on hand, all of their money is guaranteed except for live events and the network, and those are mostly minimal for their business model anymore. The projection of saving $4 MM per month with these cuts while sitting on half a billion is... not great.

It makes ZERO sense for Maverick to be wrestling tonight as his emotions could get himself injured or anyone else he's wrestling with. Beyond fucked up.

I would guess NXT cuts will be announced after NXT airs tonight.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Or now. Deonna Purrazzo is cut. More NXT coming soon from the sound of it. Fuck.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The McMahons are republicans, so doubt they would completely destroy the bodies and then the livelihoods of the talent that their empire is built on just to save their stock a few points.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The McMahons are republicans, so doubt they would completely destroy the bodies and then the livelihoods of the talent that their empire is built on just to save their stock a few points.
    I understand, but we can take a few moments to be pissed off for these individuals who grew up around the same time we did with wrestling and actually captured some semblance of success and achievement and mourn those who were utterly wasted by this company. All of these individuals and teams can and will find success with other promotions, but today they're all likely hurting and shouldn't have that hurt diminished.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Honestly, a good portion of these talents are probably better off. Once everything settles down, they will succeed more than they did with WWE.

Purrazzo was too good for what they were doing with her.

Zack Ryder never got a real shot. Got over organically and got buried for it.

Rusev most likely wanted out anyway and might finally get the chance WWE refused to give him.

There's a silver lining. Just need to get through this rough patch.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I havent wrestled in 55 days,..this feels so much longer than when I was injured.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Is anyone watching "Money in the bank"? i already stopped watching RAW and Smackdown (can't stand this crowdless shows...)
    I do admit i'm interested in watching the Money in the bank match at Titan Towers, mostly because it will be different.

Anyway, predictions:

- Shayna Baszler wins the Women's Money in the Bank match.
    - AJ Styles wins the Men's Money in the Bank match.
    - Braun Strowman retains
    - Bayley retains
    - Drew McIntyre retains
    - The New Day wins

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If all that is true, yeah ...que se joda!

I did enjoy the Main event, most of it was comedy, but still so much better than watching another match at the Performance Center...

Can't complain about Asuka either, she deserves all the titles she can get...
    Not a huge fan of Otis, but don't mind either, he's over and if Mandy screws his cash-in, it will make for great television.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-11-2020 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it. Shocked Shayna didn't win. Can't complain about Asuka winning. Some people are pissed about Otis. It's weird and totally out of left field. But, I'm curious to see where that goes.

Bayley proved just how phenomenal on a wrestler she is. She gave Tamina the best match she's ever worked.

Good wrestling tonight. Period.

Main event was a shit show. But, it was amusing. It was so ridiculous that it was fun.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    God that main event was so fucking stupid. I loved it.

That whole match Otis kept continuously stealing the show that about halfway through I was basically like "Just give the shit to Otis" and then vwoi-la. Gotta say, the company sucks ass but they've been delivering on these stupid cinematic matches. Wrestling isn't going to have an audience for a WHILE so why not just lean into the actual stupidity of Sports Entertainment and just try to have fun for once. I dont know. I liked it though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    All I can say about Del Rio: Fuck him.

I don't expect Otis to cash in and win. Maybe even lose the briefcase somehow. They got my attention. Curious to see where they go with it. Otis is probably the most compelling thing about SD, tbh.