Page 397 of 486 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,910 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Shame they're afraid to give him the ball. He's great.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Joe, Strowman and Balor are three of the most over guys in the company and they are consistently buried, it's not funny anymore.

But Joe is miles away from them, he deserves at least an IC title run (at the very least...)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On the topic that RAW is garbage and "losing viewers" I have to say this. I would be the first to jump to the critique saying it's the content and writing like always for why its sinking low but A LOT of stars are on the self for the RAW roster are to blame too:

- Roman Reigns

- Braun Strowman

- Kevin Owens

- Alexa Bliss (match wise)

Say what you want about Alexa Bliss and Kevin Owens but both are important to the show and feud potentials.

Roman Reigns' chase booking for the Universal Championship gutted A LOT of the main evener opportunities as most main event matches were dominated by both Reigns and Lesnar. After the third time (if you're even that generous) it does not have the steam that it used to. I also never felt there two had any chemistry in the ring whatsoever.

On the women's front you have both Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey to blame for the atrocious year on RAW. Rousey is a strong arm winner in every match she'll be in and Jax is an awful wrestler who needs to be in NXT still. She was involved with two major feuds this year with Alexa and Ronda and that exposure shows how one note she is and her faults.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Losing Roman really hurt them. But, that's what you get when you focus too much on one guy instead of the rest of the roster. Missing Strowman hurts too. But it's not going to be too long, and the show was bad already when he was there. Owens being there would help some too. But they weren't exactly doing much with him before he went out either other than getting tossed around by Strowman.

I'm ok-ish with Alexa not working. Imo, she's a great character but so-so in the ring. She doesn't have to wrestle in order to exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got to meet Asuka on Saturday at Wintercon! So happy to have finally met her in person after years of following her career in Japan and WWE. She was so nice, friendly and she was always smiling and laughing. I really hope she finally wins the title at TLC.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I love Asuka, but it's highly unlikely she'll win

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    She totally should though and honestly, if we're entering grudge match territory with Ronda, Charlotte and Becky, it almost makes sense to take the titles off of both of them because they've eclipsed them. This idea almost makes too much sense though, so it won't likely happen that way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    There's chatter which makes quite a bit of sense on why she will win. The Royal Rumble is next month and it's time to set up that Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch match at Wrestlemania. The women's rumble match could come down to Becky vs. Charlotte and end with a screwy draw after, i dunno, neither of them can continue to fight or knowing WWE right now, Nia Jax will run out and force the match to end in a draw. Can't have both Becky and Charlotte in the Rumble unless neither of them are champion.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You have good point, but I think Charlotte wins, i don't think they'll ever give the strap to Asuka (hope i'm wrong, though...)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Update: I've been going to physical therapy and such, doing exercises to help improve my balance. I've been in the ring doing warm ups; sommersaults, running the ropes, and drills.. Still feeling a bit clunky and dizzy.. Latest appointment with physical therapy we've learned my crystals in my ear are out of place, causing the vertigo..I've added new exercises to fix that! Still not cleared for much though...This Saturday I get to do our planned "return"..the heels have been killing off the babyfaces, so this spot involves all of them returning to prevent the heels from escaping..I get the final cameo..I'm pretty excited for it!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Throwing Asuka in is kind of weird to me. It's a ladder match, so she's not exactly taking a fall. Guessing they just want to change things up some and not repeat the evolution match.

I think Charlotte wins though. Everyone is protected and no one truly loses. I'd have Charlotte face Ronda at Rumble since it's apparently supposed to be a big show in a big outdoor stadium.

Becky wins the rumble and gets the mania match with Rousey. Whether or not she wins is a different story...

I'm really tired of mania multi-man title matches. I get it, cool, you want everyone included and have a spot on the show. No need to sacrifice a quality match so you can simply fill a spot.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still don’t 100% Buy online fluff pieces for wrestling news but evidently my girl is cleared to wrestle again!

Yes!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I still don’t 100% Buy online fluff pieces for wrestling news but evidently my girl is cleared to wrestle again!

Yes!

the fact that Daniel Bryan got cleared to wrestle gives me hope that literally ANY wrestler with concussion issues can be cleared again. ESPECIALLY in the WWE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes!
    Saw something with her doing stuff at the PC. Good for her. Wonder how long she's going to do the GM thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Saw something with her doing stuff at the PC. Good for her. Wonder how long she's going to do the GM thing.
    They've had her opposite Sasha and Bayley again, so she's gotta be helping launch the women's tag team division, right? Her and Mickie?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They've had her opposite Sasha and Bayley again, so she's gotta be helping launch the women's tag team division, right? Her and Mickie?
    Maybe. Or she stays GM until creative has something for her. It looks like they're teasing a face turn though. She's good at swerving though. So who knows? Her and Mickie would probably be ideal though.

Calling it though. Nia and Tamina are getting the titles. What sense does it make? Zero.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Soo...im just now getting into watching the WWE. I think I was watching something about Fozzy, Chris Jericho's band and I knew he was a wrestler and decided to look up some of his moments. Gotta say, Y2J is a pretty entertaining guy and he got some moves too, and it was starting to pique my interest. So i was looking around the tube and I saw this related video about The Undertaker and decided to watch it.

...okay, this dude is awesome. Bear in mind, I know a lot of wrestlers, I know about a lot more than you'd think despite never really caring much about the wrestling. Besides the obvious ones like Flair, Randy, Hulk, and The Rock, my knowledge of people I knew about were pretty large. I knew about Andre the Gaint, Kane, Stone Cold, Triple H, Sting, Mick Foley, Jake "The Snake", JON CENA, The Iron Skeik, Edge, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, etc. So I knew a lot despite not caring much for it.

But after watching the deadman in action, I can honestly say that it turned me over, I was very entertained by it. I liked it a lot and i'm starting to watch a lot of it, which led me here....and then seeing that it was going to shit lol. I guess that figures that I'd become a fan when it was going to shit huh?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Jericho is one of the greatest, ever. Can flip a switch and change characters whenever he wants and still be good. His stuff in Japan, atm, might be his best character imo.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Soo...im just now getting into watching the WWE. I think I was watching something about Fozzy, Chris Jericho's band and I knew he was a wrestler and decided to look up some of his moments. Gotta say, Y2J is a pretty entertaining guy and he got some moves too, and it was starting to pique my interest. So i was looking around the tube and I saw this related video about The Undertaker and decided to watch it.

...okay, this dude is awesome. Bear in mind, I know a lot of wrestlers, I know about a lot more than you'd think despite never really caring much about the wrestling. Besides the obvious ones like Flair, Randy, Hulk, and The Rock, my knowledge of people I knew about were pretty large. I knew about Andre the Gaint, Kane, Stone Cold, Triple H, Sting, Mick Foley, Jake "The Snake", JON CENA, The Iron Skeik, Edge, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, etc. So I knew a lot despite not caring much for it.

But after watching the deadman in action, I can honestly say that it turned me over, I was very entertained by it. I liked it a lot and i'm starting to watch a lot of it, which led me here....and then seeing that it was going to shit lol. I guess that figures that I'd become a fan when it was going to shit huh?
    There is still a TON of great and cool things happening in the business so please don't let our snarkiness about this recent stretch turn you away. It seems like WWE goes on autopilot around this time of year that the shows kind of don't make sense from a continuity standpoint.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Point taken, but yeah, im sorta on Hulu binge-watching the stuff from 2014 to now so i can catch up. I'll let you know what I think about it.

Also, I think my mom has a crush on Roman.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, fall season WWE isn't great. Come January, it's going to pick up and build to Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Also, I think my mom has a crush on Roman.
    Same.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    the fact that Daniel Bryan got cleared to wrestle gives me hope that literally ANY wrestler with concussion issues can be cleared again. ESPECIALLY in the WWE.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Shes been at the PC for a few weeks now. I hope she finishes out the year with it and throws it to wayside to participate in the Royal Rumble.

Not sure if last night’s bs was real shoots or not but Sasha’s quick under the breath insult led to a witty comment back from Alexa. Just further makes me dislike her as a person.

I hope last night’s snap to Mickie, Alicia and Dana (wtf?!) is enough for her to break away from them as a group. I’m sick of Alexa with a group around her. I want her solo again.

”Going to shit” is subjective. You might like the current product as much as everything else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    im sorta on Hulu binge-watching
    Just a heads up, NXT is on Hulu. While I'm glad you're enjoying WWE, If you want to really love wrestling and see how good it can be, give NXT a shot. Start at one of the earlier takeover shows, and be prepared to get engulfed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last grandstand from me on this Alexa injury bullshit, I find it almost hilarious people are so pissed that Nia "broke" Becky's face and she had to skip one worthless match and was out of work for what...3 weeks tops? Then I hear this disturbing shit, which was caused multiple times by Rousey:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Last grandstand from me on this Alexa injury bullshit, I find it almost hilarious people are so pissed that Nia "broke" Becky's face and she had to skip one worthless match and was out of work for what...3 weeks tops? Then I hear this disturbing shit, which was caused multiple times by Rousey:

Getting injured twice by Rousey when Rousey hasn't injured anyone else she's worked with does not make her dangerous. Nia Jax is dangerous - Ronda isn't, and I'm not a big Ronda fan. It's likely a mixture of bad luck and injuries that hid under the surface similar to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. Alexa just has to adjust her style and that was the takeaway I had from what Mark Henry had to say.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Jericho is one of my favorites and i do believe one of the greatest ever...

Even since he wrestled in Mexico as "Corazon De León" you could tell he was something special, but when he debuted in the WWE is when i became a full time fan!
    It's interesting how well he can reinvent himself and how versatile he is both as a face or a heel.
    He has had classic matches with Benoit, Angle and Shawn Michaels, i recommend you to check his ladder match vs Benoit at Royal Rumble 2001
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-05-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Getting injured twice by Rousey when Rousey hasn't injured anyone else she's worked with does not make her dangerous. Nia Jax is dangerous - Ronda isn't, and I'm not a big Ronda fan. It's likely a mixture of bad luck and injuries that hid under the surface similar to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. Alexa just has to adjust her style and that was the takeaway I had from what Mark Henry had to say.

Understood. I just hate how it’s swept under the rug. Meanwhile they make Nia’s bs a character trait.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    RIP Dynamite Kid.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nominated for some year end awards, if you could vote for me, that'd be stellar!
    Best entrance: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169322x3D60437b-62 (Shawn Phoenix Fires it up!)
    Best Guest: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169337xD24B477D-62
    Match of the Year: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169345x3a2F9F7B-62 (you can vote for more than one!): Phoenix vs Whisper Vs Lee Vs Van Vs Hetfield Vs Rose // Matt Vertigo vs Phoenix vs Everett Cross vs Killian McMurphy