Page 339 of 486 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,170 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope they do a new shakeup and fix the mess they did with Smackdown...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope they do a new shakeup and fix the mess they did with Smackdown...
    They should never have moved Miz. The chemistry he had with Daniel Bryan was off the charts. There are too many heels on Raw and he doesn't stand out there for me, but on Smackdown he was on fire.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ziggler going to NXT could be a good thing for him. I definitely wouldn't view it as a demotion. Agree on Miz. Never should've taken him off SD. He was gold there and had great chemistry with Bryan.

If there's another shakeup, I wouldn't change too much tbh. Aside from Miz, I'm fine with what they did.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but..... Nakamura beat Cena clean and nearly broke the man's neck. Cena is OK as he did shake Nakamura's hand and raised his arm while they bowed to each other out of respect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I cringed when I saw that. You could clearly see Nakamura saying "I'm sorry" after the match. After the show went off the air there was video on Facebook of Baron Corbin coming out & attacking Nakamura. Cena ended up putting him through the announce table, and by the expression on his face when he lifted Corbin onto his shoulders it was obvious that it was hurting him to do it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got my usual free tickets to raw, went with some friends. Match of the night was the OPENING MATCH taped for main event, it was Gran Metalik and Lince dorado vs Drew Gulak and Brian Kendrick. AMAZING match, the stuff they were doing was INCREDIBLE. Highlight of the night was sitting behind DOUG BRADLEY aka "Pinhead" form "hellraiser" I recognized him, asked for a picture after the show, he agreed.. but then a conflict arose. He spotted Tom Savini (as Tom him) Tom waved, pointed to chairs next to him, held up 4 fingers and waved him down.. Mr. Bradley held up 2 fingers (him and his girlfriend) and one of Tom's guys came and brought him tickets..my heart sank. BUT he turned to me and said "I'm going to go sit with Tom, I'll come back for ya." around 10 o clock, he got up with his girlfriend, hugged Tom and his crew and started to leave..I watched him walk towards the door and said " bummer" to my self...but he walked past it.. then headed to another exit..and walked past it! He looked for me, waved, came up and got a picture with me! I thanked him, and told him "Thanks so much for coming back, not many people would!" he said "of course, just because I'm leaving early doesn't mean I won't keep my promise!" So that was cool!

Picture:
    https://scontent.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...f2&oe=59F22141

Skipped Smackdown, went and saw PVRIS/30 Seconds to Mars/ Muse but I heard good things!

Saturday I had an opening so I bit the bullet and messaged my old booker (From the company I didn't like) and told him I was open if he had a spot..he does, I'm going to do a one off surprise unannounced match saturday.. Pretty exciting!
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 08-02-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was planning to skip Smackdown this week, but i had to watch that Twin Peaks reference on "The Fashion files" and i'm curious about the Cena/Nakamura match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I was planning to skip Smackdown this week, but i had to watch that Twin Peaks reference on "The Fashion files" and i'm curious about the Cena/Nakamura match.
    Apparently Cena/Nakamura was pretty good. And some insane spot on 205. Might watch them this weekend. Need to catch up on G1 too.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw the entire Cena/Nakamura match last night and it was better than I thought. Not a five-star classic or anything but it was really good. I know people shit on Cena for doing the same thing but he actually wrestled I think his best match since his work with AJ Styles and he and Nakamura definitely have some chemistry. That suplex spot was scary but kudos for Cena to tough it out. I would like to see them wrestle each other again but in a bigger show like WrestleMania or do a tag team match. I just love how they try to outwit and mock each other.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I got caught up on NXT yesterday, and damn, that Kyle O'Reilly vs Aleister Black match was pretty fucking great! Black is going to be big time and I couldn't be happier for the former Tommy End.

You guys think Roode and Asuka will lose at Takeover and head for either RAW or SD? You think Adam Cole (BAY BAY) finally shows up?

I've read rumors of a ROH faction in NXT. Possible seeds being planted with Strong not being allowed to get his hands on Roode.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-04-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure about Roode. Asuka could though. Especially with rumors of another shakeup after summerslam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cena/Nakamura was quite good actually, and i did loved that Twin Peaks parody, first time in many weeks i don't regret watching SD Live...

RAW was meh, not terrible but missable none less, i wish they would go back to 2hrs and stop wasting my time...

EDIT: I don't care for Eva Marie saying goodbye, she was hot, that's for sure, but very untalented and annoying, i'm glad she's leaving a spot that some other Diva could use better...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 08-04-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Allbotcheverything is gone? Good fuckin' riddance.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got a lot to post, so I'll edit this in a bit.. But Holy shit. I just worked a show with Barbarian from the WWF.. I went to ask him what he thought, he was blown away, asked for my number and wants to take me on tour with him in November.

I'm not 100% sure where the tour is..because he listed too many countries and I'm not sure if they are related to the tour, or upcoming tours in the future. Very sick though.

EDIT: Saturday I bit the bullet and did a special one shot appearance at my old fed... I had the day off and I wanted to sell merch and get ring time. It was cool feeling valued for the first time at that company. That day, I had made posts on facebook (www.facebook.com/xshawnxphoenix) that I was headed to a lake for the day that I had off. I even posted a scenic picture (that my sister took the week before) to help sell it. So needless to say, the fans were surprised.. (Thank god! I was worried I'd get crickets!)

match:

yesterday was a fun one, It was a spot show for a pretty shitty fed but I knew the promoter paid well. I wrestled my friend Chris LeRusso, Who has appeared on ROH tv, so he knows his stuff. Match was fine, simple. I go to ask Barbarian what he thought/what I could improve on.. He was speechless, saying i was very talented, I impressed him, and said he didn't know how he could follow it...Then said he wanted my number and wants to go on tour in November..From what I gather, it *MIGHT* be OVERSEAS. I'll be giving him a phone call tomorrow after work to iron things out.

here's my match from Sunday:
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 08-07-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is fun. Wonder if anyone will be catching heat from this...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm going to nigeria in November with Barbarian for two weeks to wrestle. I hope you don't think any less of me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Guys, I'm going to nigeria in November with Barbarian for two weeks to wrestle. I hope you don't think any less of me.
    Is wrestling big in Nigeria? I have no idea. Kudos on the opportunity!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Is wrestling big in Nigeria? I have no idea. Kudos on the opportunity!
    From what I gather, Smackdown in 2007-2008 was HUGE TV over there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't looked back to see if anyone posted this before, but a favorite gaming channel of mine called NewLegacyInc will be having a two day marathon of Royal Rumble matches from different video games for charity starting today 5pm Eastern. They do the Rumblethon every other year (the last being in 2015) and they used to do a 24 hour stream every August for charity but are changing it up this year. Did I mention the owner of the channel is a NIN fan?
    They will be streaming on twitch.tv/newlegacyinc later today
    More info can be found in their latest youtube videos.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is amazing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Blew my back out at work on thursday, had to go to a walk-in clinic diagnosed a sprained lumbar.

saturday; 8man tag. I let everbody know I was hurt so I didn't do much..except I got talked into doing the hot tag. did my usual Falcon arrow, hurt my back a hundred times worse. finished the match, i was helped to the back completely legit walked to the backstage and collapsed. thankfully someone had some icy hot, they rubbed it on, I put ice on it, and one of the wrestlers is a massage therapist..he helped a bit..but first he felt the area and said "WOW I can feel how inflamed this is, your back is fucked, dude." then drove home 2.5 hours.

Needless to say I'm hurting..but I hope i'm feeling better for saturday as I make my debut for a new fed!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Apparently Summerslam will be 6 hours long!!!

Do we really need a show that long? 4 hours tops it's all you need, you can take out at least 4 matches in that card and i wouldn't care...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bummer, i hope he gets better...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're asking for prayers... Not a good sign at all.

Edit:

He's now in a medically induced coma. Going to have surgery soon.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-14-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Blew my back out at work on thursday, had to go to a walk-in clinic diagnosed a sprained lumbar.

saturday; 8man tag. I let everbody know I was hurt so I didn't do much..except I got talked into doing the hot tag. did my usual Falcon arrow, hurt my back a hundred times worse. finished the match, i was helped to the back completely legit walked to the backstage and collapsed. thankfully someone had some icy hot, they rubbed it on, I put ice on it, and one of the wrestlers is a massage therapist..he helped a bit..but first he felt the area and said "WOW I can feel how inflamed this is, your back is fucked, dude." then drove home 2.5 hours.

Needless to say I'm hurting..but I hope i'm feeling better for saturday as I make my debut for a new fed!
    Partially dislocated rib. But that was diagnosed by my chiropractor, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.. He said due to my back being damaged, when I twisted for the falcon arrow, my side muscles had to compensate for the bad back, dislocating a rib.

He did re-adjust my side which cracked and pop as loud as I've ever heard..and felt exactly like it sounded. I have another appointment Thursday, so we'll see how that goes!
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 08-14-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Southpaw Regional Wrestling returns tomorrow at 10 am!

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/898288502353350660