Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I find it easier, given the context of "cynicism in loss" that seems so fitting, to interpret that the reason "Pilgrimage" elicits the ridiculous circus marching band image against the serious implications of its title is to call out the idea as farcical. "Even Deeper" indicates the narrator is lost, and rather than finding solace in the idea of using the opportunity to go on a pilgrimage to come to terms with his creator (or whatever), he finds the whole idea to be a joke.

Makes me wonder what that creates as context for the statement in "No, You Don't."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Glad the show is back and hate being a nitpicky dickhead but wondering when Karen was going to be back on the show?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Glad the show is back and hate being a nitpicky dickhead but wondering when Karen was going to be back on the show?
    karen has been hard to contact for a while now, so we have moved on without her, unfortunately. any time she wants to come back, she's more than welcome to rejoin us!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Attention Underneath It All fans: we want to hear YOUR voices on our next episode!

For Episode 13, we're looking for submissions from fans detailing a moment, memory, item, or anything else Nine Inch Nails related which means something to you. That time you met Trent Reznor, how Broken got you through middle school, when you lost your virginity to Closer, the live show that changed your life, how a shared love of With Teeth brought you and your now best friend together, etc. Send in your submissions, and the best ones will be featured on the show!

Here's how it works:

Make a recording of your submission with your smartphone, tablet, computer, etc. and send it to nincast@live.com (if none of these is a viable option for you, let us know via email, and we'll see what we can arrange). Submissions should include a short introduction (name, age, location, etc.) and must be kept to around five minutes. Finally, we're looking for meaningful entries- not just a generic rant about how you think the band is great (we do that enough on the show already). This will also help us scout out new voices for the show, so if you want to appear as a guest on a future episode, it's definitely in your interest to make a submission!

Please submit your message no later than November 15th. If you have any questions or experience any issues with your submission, email us at nincast@live.com, and we'll make sure to get you sorted. Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Oh man, the tales I could tell...
    Tell us!!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Attention Underneath It All fans: we want to hear YOUR voices on our next episode!

For Episode 13, we're looking for submissions from fans detailing a moment, memory, item, or anything else Nine Inch Nails related which means something to you. That time you met Trent Reznor, how Broken got you through middle school, when you lost your virginity to Closer, the live show that changed your life, how a shared love of With Teeth brought you and your now best friend together, etc. Send in your submissions, and the best ones will be featured on the show!

Here's how it works:

Make a recording of your submission with your smartphone, tablet, computer, etc. and send it to nincast@live.com (if none of these is a viable option for you, let us know via email, and we'll see what we can arrange). Submissions should include a short introduction (name, age, location, etc.) and must be kept to around five minutes. Finally, we're looking for meaningful entries- not just a generic rant about how you think the band is great (we do that enough on the show already). This will also help us scout out new voices for the show, so if you want to appear as a guest on a future episode, it's definitely in your interest to make a submission!

Please submit your message no later than November 15th. If you have any questions or experience any issues with your submission, email us at nincast@live.com, and we'll make sure to get you sorted. Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks to those who've sent in your submissions! We'd love to hear from everyone else! I hope we didn't scare anyone away with the whole "meaningful" comment. It can be something as simple as why the band means so much to you- so long as it's personal and from the heart, we'd love to hear it!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    *Waves Hello*

Hi everybody, I know I haven't been around in ages. I just listened to the episodes produced in my absence (10-12) and they're great. Hopefully I can return to the show in some capacity soon (and that's Normal Soon, not TR "soon.")

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    *Waves Hello*

Hi everybody, I know I haven't been around in ages. I just listened to the episodes produced in my absence (10-12) and they're great. Hopefully I can return to the show in some capacity soon (and that's Normal Soon, not TR "soon.")
    :: deep breath :: YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! we miss you! <3

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    :: deep breath :: YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! we miss you! <3
    Missed you guys too. Looking forward to the With_Teeth episode, if I can be on that one I should have a lot to say. It would fill me with...shall we say, porpoise. The porpoise I think I used to have.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    So when is Ep 13 coming out?
    we only got a handful of submissions so we're working on a different idea for the episode. so, you know...SOON

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thanks for your submission, @NYRexall . Sorry we couldn't get it in the show. Maybe we'll try this idea again somewhere down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Toad and everyone, hope you got my submission as well! I'm always on the look-out for new episodes anyway and hope you guys deem me worthy of contributing in some fashion in the near future. I would love to be a part of the Year Zero episode given that it holds a special place in my heart also but any episode would do of course!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    Hey Toad and everyone, hope you got my submission as well! I'm always on the look-out for new episodes anyway and hope you guys deem me worthy of contributing in some fashion in the near future. I would love to be a part of the Year Zero episode given that it holds a special place in my heart also but any episode would do of course!
    Yes! Your submission was great. We may find a way to use the submissions in the future. We are planning to reconvene in January and figure out what's next. On that subject, let's crowdsource some episode ideas. Other than the remaining albums, here are other episode ideas we're throwing around:

How To Destroy Angels
    An "Into The Void" episode where we discuss non-NIN music we listen to when there's a NIN drought
    Non-album tracks (Burn, Deep, Non-Entity, etc.)
    Videos (possibly as an audio commentary)
    A performance episode where we delve into the history of NIN's live show

Let me know if any of those sound more or less appealing than the others and if you have additional suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Similar to the "Why all the devotion" thread here I was hoping more people would have submitted things for a fully fledged episode regarding our personal ties to the band / memories but alas, I like some of these ideas too.

-"Into the Void" Music we listen to when there is not an NIN drought would be my last pick from what you suggested. Not that I wouldn't listen to this episode but rather, I would only listen to it in lieu of another episode

-Going off your history of the live show idea (which I think would be fantastic, discussing the evoloution of the live show over time), I would vote for an episode all about the main live releases (I'm thinking of AATCHB and BYIT, of course, but also Closure and TOIOU Vegas/ The Gift and even perhaps TDS Live performance) as I think these could spark some interesting points of comparison and discussion. I'm not sure how you feel about un-official releases being covered on the show but hey, TOIOU is as professionally done as most retail releases. I mean, really you could do a whole live season of episodes.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think finishing up The Fragile is a good time to delve into more recent work - HTDA, non-album tracks, the soundtracks, just something else for a couple episodes before you get back to the album discussions.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got round to downloading these onto my iPod, listened to the first one, loved it. Thanks for doing these, now got to find 22 whole hours to listen to the rest!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just got round to downloading these onto my iPod, listened to the first one, loved it. Thanks for doing these, now got to find 22 whole hours to listen to the rest!
    they get better as you go because i got better at editing and having a nice bed of music. ;p
    karen actually edited the first one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    they get better as you go because i got better at editing and having a nice bed of music. ;p
    karen actually edited the first one.
    Did anything ever happen with Lisa Fischer? I follow her on twitter and she does seem to be constantly performing but I'd love to hear about her experience working in NIN

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Did anything ever happen with Lisa Fischer? I follow her on twitter and she does seem to be constantly performing but I'd love to hear about her experience working in NIN
    Deferring to @OSLIN on this. He's our interview wrangler. Would be great to talk to Lisa or Sharlotte at some point.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I would have SO many questions for Lisa.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, I contacted her through Twitter, she was going on tour. We went on kind of a little break and it just kind of fell through. She's was so kind and courteous. I'm sure if I was to reach out again she would consider speaking with us.

On another note, new episodes should be starting up again. SOON.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    is the website down for everyone or just for me?
    wanted to listen to the latest episode without using itunes and saw an empty page...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    is the website down for everyone or just for me?
    wanted to listen to the latest episode without using itunes and saw an empty page...
    Looks like it. Paging @OSLIN !

In the meantime, you can listen here:

http://shoutengine.com/UnderneathItA...hNailsPodcast/

Also, Episode 13 is recorded and just needs to be mixed!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Looks like it. Paging @OSLIN !

In the meantime, you can listen here:

http://shoutengine.com/UnderneathItA...hNailsPodcast/

Also, Episode 13 is recorded and just needs to be mixed!
    i'm gettin' to it! labor of love, man. labor of love.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    i'm gettin' to it! labor of love, man. labor of love.
    Always worth the wait, sir!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @OSLIN @KarenLeslie @Toadflax can I please get to listen to you guys talk for like two or so hours again, that'd be great. I miss your voices they sooth my bones and drizzle like warm honey into my vulnerable and excited unprotected ears

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode 13 - Flesh & Bone

Now available on iTunes and ShoutEngine

Brian Bitner @Toadflax , James Reed @sheepdean, and Ryan Jonik @ninlive
    discuss the history of the Nine Inch Nails live show, from the early club days of the late 80's to the grand spectacle of the 2013-14 tour.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for listening. More episodes coming "fairly soon"...

Thanks to Maxwell @eversonpoe for editing/audio mixing as always.

Last edited by OSLIN; 08-08-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Wait, I'm in this one?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I am so happy that none of you are dead and would love to get reminders of that fact a lot more frequently!

So glad to see a new episode. I've caught up on all my other podcasts and have been really needing something to dig into.