Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2050

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for the resources. The vehicle itself is still a quality vehicle, and it is in excellent condition, but not worth $2K over the top listed Blue Book value for it. If we get the $2K back, I'll feel a little less shitty about the whole situation. On top of that, I never saw the contract/agreement until AFTER I had signed. When I got the printed copy, I noticed that it stated that we could pay cash, WHICH WE WERE EXPLICITLY TOLD WE COULD NOT. This sent me a bit further over the edge, so yesterday I sent an email to the sales rep where I informed him I felt lied to and provided multiple points of conversation which led me to feel this way. He refuted all of it. My wife and I called to request that they drop the $2K "theft protection package" which we were told was "necessary" for the loan (a lie, and illegal). We were told we'd get an email confirming the refund as documentation. As the day went on, we hadn't received any confirmation. Between the two of us, we called about a dozen times to speak with the finance manager (who, shockingly, was totally unavailable), then with the general manager. The GM assured us we'd get the email. I finally had had enough, and left a voicemail with the GM to let them know that I was going to return the car today. The finance manager immediately called, and sent an email confirming they were going to drop the excess $1,900 charge.

I HIGHLY doubt that they will, so I filed a complaint with NYC's Consumer Affairs bureau between calls.
    Last edited by the duder; 03-30-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @the duder , you need to consult an attorney, really.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My partner booked our cat's home euthanasia for Saturday.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    My partner booked our cat's home euthanasia for Saturday.
    Oh no I’m so sorry.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    So sorry :-(

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    sending love, magnetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry for you and your partner, @Magnetic

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear this @Magnetic .

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pets are great friends. They do so many things for you like make you smile, laugh, and even cry.

My condolences to everyone, it looks like it was a rough week.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @Jinsai Everything blows. It has for a year, and it's just shit. Hang on there. Gizmo needs you.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m sorry @Jinsai . You aren’t alone. This past year...hell, the last 4 years if I’m being honest, have sucked the soul right out of me. I doubt that provides much comfort but please keep going. You’ve got people that care about you here for sure.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

edit: found a really pet-centric album on imgur and it was a lot. I know in a couple days Google's going to give me a "remember this day" photo album of my cat. It's going to lead off with the last picture we took of her, laying on my lap while we wait for the vet to stop by and end her suffering. The first time it happened was such a gut punch, like GLaDOS was in charge of that photo album.

and my allergies are kicking up so I'm teary-eyed as heck today.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-01-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Have you two discussed how you are going to co-parent?
    Yeah, we are working through that right now. What we’ve agreed upon is a split of time, joint legal custody (both of us have to be involved in legal decisions for her and nobody can go out of state with her without agreement). School stuff will involve both of us.

We’ve also discussed that we won’t introduce new partners to her unless the relationship has been monogamous for 6 months and looks like it’s heading toward marriage. And under NO circumstances will she be left alone with girlfriends/boyfriends or their families. Only her blood relatives that we already know, and professional respite care workers who have been properly vetted. She’s too vulnerable (disabled adults and children are very high risk for abuse/exploitation) to be “babysat” by somebody’s new partner or whatever. And future partners get zero input into her care, immediate or long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 04-05-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so my friend stacy, someone i've known on the internet for a while but i've spoken to literally every day for a year just texted me and like...friend broke up with me.

she said we have some "fundamental differences in values" that she can't get past, and she thinks we should "go our separate ways." but she didn't say WHAT those fundamental differences in values are, so i'm just like...what the fuck?

i went from having a really nice night (baking cookies for a friend) to feeling like i'm gonna barf.

i really cannot fathom what on earth these values are that are somehow suddenly diametrically opposed. we've never, NEVER, had any kind of argument or major disagreement. this came out of nowhere.

and like, i understand why i used to lose so many friends (now that i know i have bipolar 2 / borderline) but i don't fall into those patterns of behavior anymore so i really just don't get this.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    For the first time in my life, I feel like I really get what “non functioning” means, in that you can’t power through it. I tried today. It went poorly. I am basically going to insist I not get paid. I have never not been able to just cut the shit and do my job.

that was really bad. I feel utterly destroyed.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    For the first time in my life, I feel like I really get what “non functioning” means, in that you can’t power through it. I tried today. It went poorly. I am basically going to insist I not get paid. I have never not been able to just cut the shit and do my job.

that was really bad. I feel utterly destroyed.
    It sucks that we rely on money to survive. It is the cause of so much anxiety. It even protects itself when it tries to get photocopied, the little fucker.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Yeah man, that's fucking GRITTY, @the duder . It's also disgusting to me as a former commissioned salesman. Shit like that gives sales a bad name in general.

You were dealing with a con man, not a SALES man.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    woke up today and tried to sit in a hot tub full of epson salts to relax and try to just not feel horrible for a sec, and hey, the faucet in my tub is apparently backed up with black mold. Long story short, this stuff does not come off your skin, and it doesn't help to discover rat turds on the floor of your bedroom after that happens.

Seriously, is someone just fucking with me in some Truman Show kind of way?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ dude.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    woke up today and tried to sit in a hot tub full of epson salts to relax and try to just not feel horrible for a sec, and hey, the faucet in my tub is apparently backed up with black mold.
    That’s not black mold. Faucets and the jets in jet tubs get clogged with that all the time. In jet tubs, you can clean it out by pouring powder dishwasher soap into the tub and turning on the jets.

See this. The manganese + iron in it is why it’s like ink on your skin.

Are you sure it’s RAT poop? Rat poop is pretty big. Mouse poop is smaller.

Last edited by allegro; 04-02-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    hmmmmmm, @allegro , I guess I'd say it's probably a mouse then?
    Either way, I don't know HOW that dude is running around in here... surely he'd take one look at the corgi and GTFO.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Oh, jesus, @Jinsai . I would say, yes, Truman Show.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    hmmmmmm, @allegro , I guess I'd say it's probably a mouse then?
    Either way, I don't know HOW that dude is running around in here... surely he'd take one look at the corgi and GTFO.
    Mice getting in is incredibly common; MUCH more common than people realize. They can crawl in through REALLY SMALL spaces, like a hole the size of the diameter of BALL POINT PEN!

Mice typically poop where they are entering and exiting the room, FWIW.

We've had mice when I had five cats in the house. Mice don't care.

Call an exterminator. They can set traps that aren't the really nasty kind that are safe for your dogs. Mice carry diseases and can eat the wiring in your walls.

Btw, there's never just one mouse; they multiply like crazy.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-02-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They can crawl in through REALLY SMALL spaces, like a hole the size of the diameter of BALL POINT PEN!
    The joys of not having collar bones... if their head can fit, the rest of them can...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    my golden has developed a huge tumor the size of a tennis ball near his throat within probably the past 8 hours. It's not possible that it was there before.
    I have to run and get some medical help, but... I'm pretty sure I see where this is going

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh FFS man....I'm praying it's some weird inflammation. This year has been fucked enough.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Yeah so my dog is sleeping in today... the vet is open and I’m gonna put together his favorite treats and take him down. To see what they “suggest.”

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Yeah so my dog is sleeping in today... the vet is open and I’m gonna put together his favorite treats and take him down. To see what they “suggest.”
    sending love your way.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thinking of you and your good boy. I have a prayer to St Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals. I'll say it for you. Can't hurt, right?

*hugs*

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hoping to hear good news, @Jinsai . You’re overdue for good days.