Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
One of my closest friends (and the only close friend that lives near me) is moving out of state in a few months and I'm already getting sad. I'm trying not to. But it hit me tonight that she's going to be leaving soon. I'm going to try not to focus on it and just enjoy her company as much as I can. But god damn, am I going to miss her. I'm tearing up just writing this.
Yep. I lost a friend to him moving away this summer as well. We grew up together in the same city in central Canada and then I moved to the west coast in 2006, fate brought him out here as well, but he officially packed his bags and left for the province next to me on August 30th. Now I have no friends left. It sucks. My girlfriend and I have lost 3 different groups of friends to them moving away in the last 3 years. Now all we have is each other. We have been trying hard to meet new people, but it's next to impossible when you are in your 30s.

When I was younger, I used to wonder why parents/grandparents never had any friends anymore. It was generally something I didn't understand. I thought to myself "Why not just stay friends." now as an adult in my 30s now, I understand that it just comes natural. Nobody plans to break away from their friends and just one day to decide they don't want friends anymore. Life just gets in the way, unfortunately.

I've been really lonely/depressed these last couple months after realizing we basically have no more friends left. It's a hard thing to come to terms with.