Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
forgettable dance track that fits to a T the biggest complaints about newer NIN: repetitious bleep bloop loops, same-y drones come in & out in the most obvious places, no bite, no edge. Muted singing with kinda goofy lyrics too.
This times a million. Along with too many generic electronic beats. Trent used to have a great sense of how to combine the more traditional analog instruments (that sometimes managed to sound electronic) with his synth/keyboard/electronic gear (that somehow at times managed to sound like traditional analog instruments). Not much a fan of the Atticus Reznor stuff these days. The line has blurred- no pun intended- and all the soundtrack work, HTDA, and NIN seems to be interchangeable.

Im actually bummed about it since I’ve loved so much of the music over the years, and NIN/Trent will probably be my favorite band/musician to the day I croak. Just don’t have any high expectations for releases anymore even if I can find a track or two that I like.

Le sigh. :/

They did sound great at Riot Fest though. Hoping for some eye candy though during the next tour.

/rambling]