Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Android

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Hey All,

I'm currently using an iPhone 4 and really feel its time to upgrade and I'm thinking of getting a Galaxy S4. I had a Samsung phone a few years ago, I hated it, it wouldn't play Apple audio files in numerical order, only alphabetically.

So, my question is for people using using Apple audio codecs on a Galaxy S4 - is everything playing correctly? Are there any issues?

Thank you for your help!
    Poweramp. Enough said.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Still on my run with budget phones, picked up an LG optimus f-3 (?). My first dual core phone! Not to bad overall for a cheapy, the video quality is pretty crap though . Not a huge deal for me but it is annoying. Jelly Bean or whatever is a nice upgrade though from my last one. I'm on virgin so it's cash in hand and this time I had no phone. My last one had a disagreement with the ground.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Android

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Yeah, I've been looking at the different launchers and whatnot. I just downloaded Swift Keyboard which is amazing and blows the doors off the stock keyboard from Samsung. It's insanely accurate (swipe) and the keys are bigger which makes it easier for me to type. Check it out if you haven't already....

I'm porting over my number to tmobile now that I have an employee account....can't beat $5 a month for service
    Gonna give Swiftkey a go, seeing as how well I like teh tapatalk I figure I'd take this suggestion a go with it as well. Also I'm sick of Gina pooping up instead of gonna.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just got a Nexus 4 after five years of using iPhone. This is cool.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Loving my new Samsung Galaxy S4. It is so quick and powerful and now better than my laptop. My laptop's days are numbered..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just flashed KitKat 4.4 on my nexus 4. Its bad ass.

Two of my favorite features are purely cosmetic, full screen album artwork on lock screen, and no more god forsaken cropping of an image for a wallpaper.

So far totally tits.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Just flashed KitKat 4.4 on my nexus 4. Its bad ass.

Two of my favorite features are purely cosmetic, full screen album artwork on lock screen, and no more god forsaken cropping of an image for a wallpaper.

So far totally tits.
    Flashed it on my gnex. Its awesome but so buggy right now. Hoping the devs can iron out the bugs soon. Like hangouts a lot

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I just got the HTC One M8 about two weeks ago. Verizon fucked me upside-down, backwards, and inside-out and somehow I'm now signed up for two lines. I tried the Verizon Edge early-upgrade program but that didn't work well for me, as I'd have had to pay ~$150 down for the phone upgrade, an extra ~$25 per month tacked on to my regular $75 bill (unlimited talk/text + 2GB data), plus they wanted me to pay a $200 nonreturn fee since I wouldn't be able to send back my Galaxy S3, since I totaled destroyed and mangled it in a failed screen repair attempt... So yeah, no.

Then the customer retention agent on the phone conned me into signing up for a new line, promising me that I could sign up for a new line to get a new phone, transfer the new phone onto my old line, and downgrade the new line to their cheapest plan, which she quoted me at $15/mo. So effectively I'd only be paying $100 down for the new phone, plus an extra $15 per month, which was doable to me. Long story short, she was lying out of her ass and their cheapest plan is like $40 so I got totally fucked around in the end.

Anyway. Verizon bitching aside.

I'm enjoying this M8. I rooted and unlocked the bootloader the day I got it. Running Cyanogenmod 11, which is more stable and snappy than it ever was on my Galaxy S3. It's quite nice. The build quality and body is super beautiful. The speakers sound great and very loud, and the fact that they're on the front is fantastic. But it has a few downfalls. The power button on top is a pain in the ass, although that problem is easily solved with a 'double-tap to wake' mod.

But seeing as how this was a complete irrational impulse buy, there are some regrets. Number one is absolutely the camera. It's terrible. It might be because I'm running CM so the native camera software doesn't jive well, but the camera is just awful in general. It's neat how it takes great pictures in low-light, but it doesn't really matter because the pictures are so low-res and filled with artifacts. I often (see: used to) take "close-up" pictures of bugs and this phone can't focus on anything closer than several inches away. And when it does focus, there's no point in cropping the picture or zooming in because the image resolution is so shit. My Galaxy S3 from two generations ago blew this camera out of the water in almost every conceivable way. I hate that I didn't take this into consideration before buying it.

Another thing that sucks about this phone is the hardwired internal battery. In my last phone, I had a secondary 7,000mAh battery which would give me about 10 hours screen on time on average. With this new phone I can get about 2.5 at best. Which I guess works for most people, but it takes some major getting used to.

So I buy this phone and then all of a sudden, this newcomer enters the arena and it's everything I want and need in a phone. -_-

The LG G3 is like my dream device. It has a quad-core Snapdragon, 3GB RAM, 1440 x 2560 screen resolution... Normally these specs would be scary in the battery life context, but IT ALSO HAS A REMOVABLE BATTERY. I thought this would be dying out since it seems like Samsung is the only company that does it anymore, but along comes this fucking phone! Not only that, but removable storage! This combined with a hi-res camera with OIS, I can't think of a single negative thing about this phone. It's beautiful and perfect and I need it.

So... Anyone want to buy a 'like-new' Verizon M8?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been using my old, but tough, back up phone since my iPhone took a dump in the toilet this spring. Ended up getting an LG Volt which for 100$ is pretty big upgrade from my 4-5 year old phone and holds up pretty well from what i recall of my iPhone, OS differences aside. quad core, decent size screen, kit-kat i believe etc... And it comes with the mobile hot spot option for a 5$ a day fee (virgin mobile) which is kind of nice not that i think ill use it much but perhaps it will come in handy a time or two. I bought a cheap case for it at the mall that i may take back as it blows but other than that it's nice to have a smart phone that actually works good. Old faithful it tough as nails and I'm convinced i could use it in a self defense scenario but on the day to day i'd rather have a good phone to use. And it seems that unlike the cheapie I bought either just before or after my iPhone this one actually is able to get on the LTE network.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    just got the samsung galaxy tab s 10.5 and my wife got the galaxy s5 a month ago. very happy with both so far. love android compared to apple. removable memory ftw.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally just got a smart phone. I went cheap because I don't need much (and the thought of paying as much for my phone as I did for my laptop was just something I would not do) but I think it's a pretty great phone, especially for the price. I got one of the newer Motorolla Moto phones. Pretty nifty. I have to say, though I was a bit ambivalent at first, I kind of love it now. It's got Kit Kat on it which took some getting used to (and has some flaws) but overall I like it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, I have a Nexus 6 coming my way.
    And by "coming my way" I mean it's supposed to ship December 3rd

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Who's all upgraded up to Lollipop yet?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally jumping on the smartphone bandwagon, I'm taking a chance and purchased a One Plus One. It is a super awesome phone for super cheap (well cheap for a smartphone)

http://lifehacker.com/pick-up-a-onep...k-f-1664344430

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Upgrade coming up soon and I'm looking to switch from iOS to Android. Anyone here have either the Moto X (current generation) or the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Who's all upgraded up to Lollipop yet?
    I got my Nexus 6 last week, running Lollipop out of the box.