Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, Marvel knows exactly what they're doing. If only DC could get their shit together.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Anyone else still watching Agents of SHIELD? Because last night's episode is the stuff nightmares are made of. To quote a character: what was done to bring Coulson back from the dead was "ungodly".

I've never been this disturbed by something in a long time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah that last Shield episode got pretty dark.

Spoiler: Seeing them reconstruct Coulson's brain was freaky..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah that last Shield episode got pretty dark.

Spoiler: Seeing them reconstruct Coulson's brain was freaky..
    Spoiler: And hearing him begging them to let him die was horrible. Poor Coulson didn't deserve this. However, it did give us an amazing performance from Clark Gregg.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm mad that Spoiler: we didn't actually get a god damn resolution for it. "You were dead for a while but we brought you back lol." That's not a definitive answer, that's more stringing along bullshit. This had better be definitively closed by the end of the season.

Aside from that, incredible episode. Glad to see Mike Peterson wasn't uselessly blown up last episode, and this is a great setup for a new (unwilling) antagonist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'm mad that Spoiler: we didn't actually get a god damn resolution for it. "You were dead for a while but we brought you back lol." That's not a definitive answer, that's more stringing along bullshit. This had better be definitively closed by the end of the season.

Aside from that, incredible episode. Glad to see Mike Peterson wasn't uselessly blown up last episode, and this is a great setup for a new (unwilling) antagonist.
    Spoiler: I feel like we got a resolution, it was just kinda shitty. What happened to Coulson? Well he died, then they brought him back to life. that's really all they gave us. He died, they fixed him. I don't know what else they really have to reveal. I've been watching this show since the start, and do you know what it really needs? It really needs a comedic character to take the edge off of all the supernatural stuff. If they got someone like Patton Oswald or Kevin Smith(you know a funny nerd type). That would really help the show for me, especially with the weak acting. Patton Oswald playing a "tech guy" or something sprinkling some jokes in every now and again would be great. maybe not break the 4th wall, but at least be self aware of how crazy the things going on are.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Wink

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just saw that. I don't want to get too excited about it though... who am I kidding. How awesome would that be?

edit: Spoiler: I think now the question isn't so much how did they bring Coulson back from the dead but why? Why him; what's so special about him? Also I can't wait to see how they are going to play the Mike Peterson story line.
    Last edited by marodi; 01-09-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bill Paxton joining Agents of Shield for multi-episode arc

Best news ever. Unless it's game over, man! GAME OVER!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's a super intriguing casting choice, because it makes me wonder where this movie is going, something we've been given exactly zero hints about up until now. Hell, Paul Rudd wasn't even announced to be Scott Lang when he was cast (and he still hasn't, for the record).

Making Hank quite a bit older than the rest of the Avengers, I think, puts him squarely in a support role once Avengers 3 comes around, if he even gets that. Ant-Man being called a heist movie by Kevin Feige and Edgar Wright makes much more sense with Scott Lang as the one doing all the "superhero" shit.

Plus, Michael Douglas is fucking awesome. Marvel continues to surprise me with the people they're able to rope into what is usually boiled down to "comic book movies."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Michael Douglas is awesome that's for sure but I was surprised to read this. I was thinking that the movie was going to be an origin movie, with a younger Hank Pym. When Paul Rudd was announced as Ant-Man, I was thinking Ant-Man = Hank Pym, not Scott Lang. Not that I mind of course although there is one thing that I wonder about: does this mean that we'll never get to see Wasp?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, she doesn't need to be paired with Hank Pym. She could be Scott Lang's love interest, or colleague, or she could be Hank's significantly younger wife (just like Michael Douglas), or she could be his age and someone else could take up the Wasp suit.

Actually, I would love that - Hank and Janet were Ant-Man and Wasp in the good old days, and here come Scott Lang and his female co-hort to steal the tech. Makes for a hilarious movie, IMO.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Sif is going to be on Agents of SHIELD soon as well. Don't know how they swung that (does Jaime Alexander demand a lot of money?), but it's great news for getting film fans to watch the show, because Sif is a great character.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I've heard about this for months... does anyone really care?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back to not compete against Avengers 2 because otherwise, lol at Fox studios.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've heard about that for a while. Casting Michael B. Jordan was a good move, he's a good actor, but I can't help but feel that Fox will try to push racial diversity as their main selling point instead of, y'know, a good story.

Now, if the film is good, that's great for them, they made a good choice. But it won't be, because this is Fox, and everyone still remembers the other two Fantastic Four movies.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I care, since they are my favorite Marvel characters right behind SpiderMan, yet the two Jessica Alba movies were so terrible the idea of another FF movie disgust me, hope they take a better route this time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So due to the success of a darker, more serious reboot with Nolan's Batman films we have to have every superhero movie that flopped or was goofy see the same treatment? Absolutely zero interest in Fantastic Four from me. I enjoy The Thing but ehhhh.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Michael Chiklis was great and I thought that Chris Evans was too. But Ioan Gruffudd was atrocious and he and Jessica Alba had zero chemistry (and she was very annoying). Julian McMahon had his moments but overall was wasted as Doom. Everything else was just horrible.

Frankly, I was surprised there was a sequel.

Fox should forget Fantastic Four for now and concentrate on the X-Men franchise.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans were the only things in those films that were any good. Chiklis brought the Thing to life while Evans was right for the Human Torch. Plus, those two were very funny together. Everything else about those films just plain sucked ass.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't want a "darker" "grittier" Fantastic Four movie, i just want them to respect the basic premise of the comic:

The whole feud of Reed Richards VS Victor Von Doom is the everlasting battle of "Science VS Magic" (since Dr Doom is an student of the mystic arts).
    Making him part of the FF's origin was a terrible decision that went overboard by showing his armor is his actual skin...
    Also Reed isn't supposed to be an arrogant cool leader, he's the father figure of them all and the voice of reason, Jessica Alba was a terrible invisible girl (he should be an older woman and actually blonde), but a agree that The Thing and Johnny Storm were done correctly.
    If you add terrible dialog and terrible stories to the mix and there you go! ...the Fantastic Four as a franchise is crap!

Those things could be easily fixed, there's no need of a "darker" tone or different production values, just make a good story, good casting and try to use the source material as an inspiration, not just make a generic FF movie with handsome actors lots of effects...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It felt like they were taking some inspiration from Ultimate FF - Doom was an essential aspect of their origin in that universe, Reed was/is a total tool, etc. But they took these concepts and paired them with the mainstream designs of the Fantastic Four and then concocted a horrible story for it.

If they do the mainstream design, they need to go all the way. If they do Ultimate, they need to go all the way. They can't pick and choose the way Marvel does because they're clearly terrible at it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Is it true that Ant Man will not be appearing in The Age of Ultron?
    If so why? I don't understand how they could take out someone as integral to the story plot and make it work.

Spoiler: For fucks sakes he created the fucking thing and tries to destroy it.
    Can some one be kind enough to show me how to implement spoiler tags?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ultron can be reworked to not be tied to Hank Pym because it's a new medium. The rumors say Ultron will probably be a governmental project, possibly aided by Tony Stark, who will end up in Hank's role.

Spoiler tags are [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler], without the spaces.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Ultron can be reworked to not be tied to Hank Pym because it's a new medium. The rumors say Ultron will probably be a governmental project, possibly aided by Tony Stark, who will end up in Hank's role.

Spoiler tags are [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler], without the spaces.
    Thanks Final Destiny.
    I see now. So it is correct to say that Ultron will be a Tony Stark creation?
    I'm just trying to wrap this around my head.

I was really hoping to see Ant Man get the recognition he deserves, his story line is really fascinating. I guess I will just have to settle for the Ant Man movie and hope to high hell they don't mess it up. I know they're removing some unsavory "incidents" from his back-story so it will get a pg-13 rating and I'm ok with that. Edgar Wright directing gives me some hope that it will be at least watchable but I'm just not so sure about it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say "correct", necessarily - rather that it's the prevailing theory because it's the only one that makes sense. The MCU only has one genius level character as of right now, that being Tony Stark. (Bruce doesn't quite count, I think.) We won't get any Ant-Man related stuff until after the movie, excluding a possible post-credits scene attached to Avengers 2.

An-Man, however, will definitely do justice to, at the very least, Scott Lang. Seeing as Michael Douglas is Hank Pym, I think we'll be getting a much different, perhaps more sympathetic portrayal of Pym than we would have gotten if he were the main character - central character, rather.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Maybe it was because i was really high at the time but i fucking loved fantastic four and the silver surfer