Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 4104

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that was a heck of a finale. not sure how well some of the story lines resolved so quickly but seeing Zola-bot was cool.

My wife was upset that Gamora showed up out of nowhere and didn't get her own show, which I can definitely see. was a little hard to reconcile who was from what dimension with all that going on so I'm glad that Loki mentioned replacement Avengers so you knew where you were. very helpful, one of the few times I can think of exposition being useful and not sticking out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    My wife was upset that Gamora showed up out of nowhere and didn't get her own show, which I can definitely see.
    There was supposed to be an episode based on Gamora and Stark on Sakaar, but it was cut because of COVID and pushed to season 2. I'm curious to see how that'll work since it's going to essentially be a flashback episode now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that on one of the YouTube videos. I don't know how it could be part of S2 thematically but I'm sure they'll make it work, just change a thing or two.

A meta thought I had on What If...? is that the comic one-shots only work if you have knowledge of the event it's changing and if you're not, well it just reads like a normal comic book to you. I've had that several times when I was like "I should read some of these" and in the end I was just left thinking "well that was normal?" So for the TV show they have to use the MCU because that's what everyone understands of Marvel right now. If they did a "What If the War Machine had not destroyed the Living Laser?" then 99% of the people watching would have been more confused than anything. So I understand their decision and choice of focus.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

interesting, though probably a prequel? or maybe a leadup to her regaining her memories?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Got a question about he Venom: Let there be Carnage soundtrack. While I still have to wait two more weeks before the movie releases I gave the soundtrack a shot and really liked it. Reminded me of DOOM a little bit. Well, there's the track called "Brock and Roll" at the very end, which tonally totally stands out. Am I missing something? Is this a play on a Venom theme from the animated series or some other fan service? Can anyone shine some light on that?

It reminds me of the X-Men theme from back in the day, but more rock n roll. I really like it, but it really doesn't fit with the rest of Beltrami's score.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Is What If? worth the time? I'm very on the fence about it, but I don't wanna be missing out on anything since it's considered canon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Is What If? worth the time? I'm very on the fence about it, but I don't wanna be missing out on anything since it's considered canon.
    What If? was the series I was most looking forward to, as I always loved the comic. It didn't disappoint. Not saying it's the best series. It's fun. Probably not totally necessary to continue to enjoy the MCU. But it's absolutely worth the time, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    What If? was the series I was most looking forward to, as I always loved the comic. It didn't disappoint. Not saying it's the best series. It's fun. Probably not totally necessary to continue to enjoy the MCU. But it's absolutely worth the time, in my opinion.
    Yeaa, I'll check it out, thanks for the reassurance lol... In other news, we have our Adam Warlock it seems:

Great casting!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-11-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I honestly didn't enjoy it all that much... the Watcher is a cool character and some ideas were pretty cool, but I disliked the overall humor in this and the animation style is really not my cup of tea. Then again, I liked how they portrayed Dr Strange here and the last two episodes were pretty cool. I'd give it a go, given the fact that the episodes are not too long.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's only as good as your understanding of the MCU at large. By which I mean what I said earlier: the What If stories from the comics were "what if these comic stories were different" and this show is "what if the MCU stories were different". That said, one of the episodes is actually based off a comic story but it was an MCU story at heart so...

Other than this one episode the rest depend on what you know about the different MCU films.

The animation is weird in that it goes from gorgeous roto-scoping to "wait didn't they use this in A Scanner Darkly" real quick. I know animation is a matter of time for each and is also why we didn't get the Tony/Gamora episode but eh.

spoiler for the last episode: Spoiler: did Killmonger actually do anything in the fight? I was thinking about it and it feels like he was only there to do the double-cross and put the stones into play in exactly that way for Strange's play at the end. But then Strange even tells the Watcher "you knew this would happen". Which really goes against the "I am the Watcher and I watch blah blah blah but what the hell is this?" speech, you know?

oh good, he actually touches on a few of those questions.

this is also a valid point:
    I was watching an episode of What If . . . ?. Missy overheard the Watcher describing himself and his role, and asked, “Oh, is that who you based the Judger on?” I think the laws that govern parody and fair use are robust enough that I can admit some small inspiration on that score.

I enjoyed season one of What If . . .? and am looking forward to season two. Ric also enjoyed it, but not as much as I. His reason was fascinating. He says he doesn’t like the idea of fictional stories about fictional characters.

If you need further explanation, you’re not alone.

His point was that the series supposedly explores interesting possible events that are different from what really happened, but these are made-up superheroes. None of it really happened.

He has a point, a nit-picky, confusing point, but a point none the less.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-13-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Thanks. I can always look away when it comes to the animation, and from what I have seen so far in trailers clips, I like it. I had a few What If? Comics from my yesteryears, but I'm well versed in both comic and MCU so I'll be ok. Forgot that they were a bit shorter, but I'll definitely be checking it out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    also Disney said that they are forgoing physical releases for their stuff so you have to get D+ to watch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What if? was good....but seems to me they need to have a meeting about the rules of the multiverse and Infinity stones, in order to get the many producers and directors on the same page. None of what they are showing on screen or explaining after the fact in interviews is jiving.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    going to see Venom with my gf tomorrow. Our first movie since before the pandemic started! we are excited.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I saw Venom in 4DX (there were no other earlier seats) and it really did make all the bits with Carnage great and a bit scary, and Carnage was awesome...that's the only good stuff i have to say about it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Disney has announced a slew of theatrical delays.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (Disney) previously dated on 3/25/22 moves to 5/6/22
    THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (Disney) previously dated on 5/6/22 moves to 7/8/22
    BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (Disney) previously dated on 7/8/22 moves to 11/11/22
    UNTITLED INDIANA JONES (Disney) previously dated on 7/29/22 moves to 6/30/23
    UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION (Disney) previously dated on 7/14/23 is removed from schedule
    THE MARVELS (Disney) previously dated on 11/11/22 moves to 2/17/23
    ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA (Disney) previously dated on 2/17/23 moves to 7/28/23
    UNTITLED MARVEL (Disney) previously dated on 7/28/23 is removed from schedule
    UNTITLED MARVEL (Disney) previously dated on 10/6/23 is removed from schedule
    UNTITLED 20TH CENTURY (20th) previously dated on 10/20/23 is removed from schedule
    UNTITLED MARVEL (Disney) previously dated on 11/10/23 moves to 11/3/23

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    how can you remove films that don't exist? so weird.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh, they exist...they just haven't been revealed publicly. For example, it's widely speculated that one of the untitled Marvel delays is Blade.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    true, I guess I mean more "hey Disney stfu about movies when you don't even say what it is". take the Nintendo approach and don't announce anything until you're ready to release.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    true, I guess I mean more "hey Disney stfu about movies when you don't even say what it is". take the Nintendo approach and don't announce anything until you're ready to release.
    I guess they do that (unreleased titles with a release date) for investors/stockholders?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Correct.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ugh.

forgive me if I'm more disgusted by capitalism than usual, I just finished Squid Game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm going to once again use this opportu it's to complain that the X-Men are missing

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Dumbo, brilliant.

A lot of what I've heard about The Eternals sounds really good, it's exciting.

My wife asked me yesterday, "So I see what the Venom movie is out. What, you didn't want to tell me?" and I was just like, "oh well it just seems like the kind of movie you want to watch after 'renting' it from the library."

for reference:
    We were all out on a walk the other night, having a good time, and for some reason started talking about the Spider-Man movies. My wife said that Venom was the only good one. And it's not like you can have a normal conversation to debate the point with her, she just said that and wouldn't defend the position other than to say she didn't like any of the other Spider-Man movies.

Not even Spider-Man 2.

We were having a good time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sorry everyone. This was the new Morbius trailer, didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow. Looks pretty damn fun imo...

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-01-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What was this? Looks like it's been removed or set to Private.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    What was this? Looks like it's been removed or set to Private.
    Oh crap... It was the new Morbius trailer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Oh crap... It was the new Morbius trailer.
    I saw a post from either Jared Leto or Fandango (both?) on Twitter saying that it's coming out tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: Saw the trailer and it didn't do much to increase my level of interest. It still looks just ok and I'll probably skip Morbius until I can rent it for cheap.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 11-02-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Damn, Leto actually looks decent. Now I'm interested.

Vampire, Vulture, Venom. Very interesting.