Page 123 of 528 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Love this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly first time seeing (pretty sure) that Rubin's 21st birthday , that was awesome....

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Love the spiral tees

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not sure if this has been posted on here before. Stumbled upon it looking at something totally unrelated to NIN*: "Nine Inch Niles – The Seattleward Spiral" by Josh Millard.

It's a kind of joke computer music thing where software is used to try to approximate TDS automatically using samples from the show Frasier (I'm guessing using some sort of spectral matching synthesis although I didn't look into it). It's really rough and hard to hear the connection to the songs, but I think that makes it sort of funnier when you do. I thought "March of the Prigs" worked pretty well since the rhythm is so distinct . . . Yeah, a bunch of awful song title puns, too.

(* Was looking into a web comic called Larp Trek, which I think is hilarious but you need a very particular sense of humor and set of interests.)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This seemed far too general to be put into the Random NIN Questions thread, but anyway here it goes. I'm also aware that I've brought this topic up before, but I haven't actually gotten around to asking this question surprisingly.

Did any of you ever meet a lot of Nine Inch Nails fans, or even met a Nine Inch Nails fan that has never ever been aware of The NIN Hotline and/or Echoing the Sound?

Almost everybody I knew that liked NIN didn't know about those sites until I mentioned those sites to them.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    This seemed far too general to be put into the Random NIN Questions thread, but anyway here it goes. I'm also aware that I've brought this topic up before, but I haven't actually gotten around to asking this question surprisingly.

Did any of you ever meet a lot of Nine Inch Nails fans, or even met a Nine Inch Nails fan that has never ever been aware of The NIN Hotline and/or Echoing the Sound?

Almost everybody I knew that liked NIN didn't know about those sites until I mentioned those sites to them.

A lot of people, even at shows, don't know about ETS or the Hotline. It seems so weird to me.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I only met two people who at least knew about NIN itself. Yes, I said two. I don't even bother anymore, if someone asks about what music I like, I just say I listen to almost everything.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    I was listening to Mad World by Tears for Fears... I could imagine Trent doing a cover of that. Its exactly what he should do. DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Another random thought....

Everytime Piggy from AATCHB plays on my iPhone I always need to change it to album play, I just love the flow into The Frail and then into The Wretched.
    I also liked how Gave Up starts just right after The Wretched. It's like, "Oh, I just lost faith in God and humanity... and well, fuck me too!" I also like how it just picks up the pace prior to slowing down again for The Great Below.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    And speaking of AATCHB (Live), this is still one of my most favorite moments on the DVD.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The people next to me at Tension were plugged in enough to know the setlists for the tour (and even mentioned Ninwiki at one point), but I didn’t ask.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted on here before. Stumbled upon it looking at something totally unrelated to NIN*: "Nine Inch Niles – The Seattleward Spiral" by Josh Millard.

It's a kind of joke computer music thing where software is used to try to approximate TDS automatically using samples from the show Frasier (I'm guessing using some sort of spectral matching synthesis although I didn't look into it). It's really rough and hard to hear the connection to the songs, but I think that makes it sort of funnier when you do. I thought "March of the Prigs" worked pretty well since the rhythm is so distinct . . . Yeah, a bunch of awful song title puns, too.

(* Was looking into a web comic called Larp Trek, which I think is hilarious but you need a very particular sense of humor and set of interests.)
    What in the name of Christ

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I couldn't help but notice that there really are a lot more Nine Inch Nails albums that came out late in the year, which means that a lot of them came out in autumn and winter. (Depending on where you live of course.) As far as the physical releases go, only The Downward Spiral, With Teeth, Year Zero, and Ghosts I-IV made it before June.

This came to mind because I noticed that when there's any suggestion for a new NIN album to come out in the summer, it's very likely to be released in September or any time near August as opposed to June or early to mid July. By the time the physical release of The Slip came out, it was already almost August.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-16-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    "Down In It" is my favorite NIN song ever. I'm starting to think "I Do Not Want This" is a close second, especially the Wave Goodbye version.

Also I was messing around in Garageband a few months ago and I found a very similar synth bass sound that is used in "Happiness In Slavery" and "Heresy."
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-16-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I certainly hope that Somewhat Damaged ends up on the Tension DVD.
    It was played in Los Angeles, and I'm pretty sure it was a staple for every single show, so there's like a 610% chance SD will be on the dvd.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    It was played in Los Angeles, and I'm pretty sure it was a staple for every single show, so there's like a 610% chance SD will be on the dvd.
    You forget: this is Trent. He'll name an international tour after LITS and then not play it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You forget: this is Trent. He'll name an international tour after LITS and then not play it.
    But the main featured performance on the upcoming Tension dvd will be the show in Staples Center, so everything that's been played there will make the bulk of the dvd.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    EDIETS and Suck were missing from Beside You In Time, despite being played at both filmed shows as well as at the majority of 2006 spring tour. You never know what to expect, they may have a technical fuckup or running time limit.
    I'm not implying anything, just saying it's possible. Hopefully not.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    EDIETS and Suck were missing from Beside You In Time, despite being played at both filmed shows as well as at the majority of 2006 spring tour. You never know what to expect, they may have a technical fuckup or running time limit.
    I'm not implying anything, just saying it's possible. Hopefully not.
    Didn'T know that. Well, we know Hurt is already there, so who gives a shit about the rest anyway?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Didn'T know that. Well, we know Hurt is already there, so who gives a shit about the rest anyway?
    Everyone who's sick of Hurt? I'll be turning the TV off after Black Noise.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear a compilation of every live version of March Of The Pigs where Trent says something unique before they head into the ending (i.e. stuff like "...and all of you miserable, muddy fuckheads are all right" from Woodstock '94).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'd love to hear a compilation of every live version of March Of The Pigs where Trent says something unique before they head into the ending (i.e. stuff like "...and all of you miserable, muddy fuckheads are all right" from Woodstock '94).
    The best one is "...and all of you can suck my dick!"

Another good one is during one version of Down In It where he goes "All the world's weight is on my back, and I just don't give a fuck!"
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-17-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Year zero is back, bitches.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hopefully Year Zero tracks make their way around the US dates as well. I want Meet Your Master and God Given.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The Great Destroyer is where it's at for me. Some of my other favorite songs from Year Zero would be Hyperpower!, My Violent Heart, Vessel, The Warning, and Zero-Sum.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-18-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I think a lot of people are going to hate this. But I, for one, was happy to realize that this has actually been performed live and filmed for a release.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I would take any year zero songs, really. The warning and in this twilight (loved it when he closed shows with ITT) were are my faves. I hope he takes a stab at capital g.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Come to think of it, more songs from Year Zero in general would be nice, just like The Fragile.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Inb4 MVH debuts. Inb4 Trent mixes all kinds of shit into TGD.

Also, more Fragile? Holy. Shit. Starfuckers-The Fragile-No, You Don't-JLYI plssssssssssssssss.

Oh no, no, we can't do it. We can't start it again. We have to stop here! We'll get our hopes up, we'll even start to believe in the coming of Jesus (TPF), then in the end Trent just switches two songs from the basic Tension setlist, and that's it. Yeah, probably this is the proper translation:
    1. More fragile stuff (The Frail/The Wretched returns)
    2. More yz stuff (Me, I'm Not and The Warning returns. Maybe Vessel)
    3. Huge opportunities with a 4-piece band (Only returns as a staple; Closer too; No more dancing Trent)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Only returns as a staple
    Was going to say "when WASN'T Only a staple", but then I looked it up & realized it wasn't played at most of the Tension shows, & wasn't played AT ALL on the NINJA/Wave Goodbye tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to hate this. But I, for one, was happy to realize that this has actually been performed live and filmed for a release.

I was expected a Burn parody but this is basically Terrible Lie. Love Weird Al. Slightly disappointed.