Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Random Le Cinema Thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Random Le Cinema Thoughts

I'm not sure if this has a place in this forum, but sometimes I like to critique/spout opinions about film in general.

Example:
    If you can't get audio right in a movie then don't even bother. The first thing that pulls me out of the ambiance of a film/tv show is audio. If a character holds up a radio/walkie talkie in front of their mouth to speak, then dull/muffle the audio a little bit. If the audio levels remain consistent throughout the show then it will seem 'unreal' and alienate audience members. It's a simple thing that doesn't require much brain power and can lift your show to a professional level.

Do you have any gripes?

edit- perhaps if someone can add a /TV to the threads title?
    Last edited by somethingelse; 10-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Maybe if we can air grievances about television too and you might have something. I got rid of my cable TV recently and don't miss it at all. Bruce was right, 57 channels and nothing on.

One thing that kind of bothers me about movies is how many independent or international productions have multiple studio logos in front of it. I watched Filth on Netflix Instant, and just looking back I counted 5 logos before it started.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Ha, I noticed that about Filth​ as well. I was wondering when the movie was going to properly start.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My main gripes for television shows is: too many good shows, not enough time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is TCM2 the only movie with a chainsaw duel?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Is TCM2 the only movie with a chainsaw duel?
    Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (this one is a schlocky classic)
    Phantasm 2
    Tiger On Beat
    Evil Dead: Army Of Darkness (pretty sure there's a chainsaw fight in one of the versions of this)
    Machine Girl (can't remember exactly, it's Tokyo Shock so yeah...)

(Bonus Edit): They used real chainsaws for a lot of the scenes in Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. The sexy chainsaw dance and the duel were both done with real chainsaws!
    Last edited by Aywok; 10-08-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aywok View Post
    Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (this one is a schlocky classic)
    Phantasm 2
    Tiger On Beat
    Evil Dead: Army Of Darkness (pretty sure there's a chainsaw fight in one of the versions of this)
    Machine Girl (can't remember exactly, it's Tokyo Shock so yeah...)

(Bonus Edit): They used real chainsaws for a lot of the scenes in Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. The sexy chainsaw dance and the duel were both done with real chainsaws!
    Motel Hell too, add that to the list. Big chainsaw duel at the end. Followed by an impossibly hilarious one liner after the conclusion.