Thread: The Loop Closes (video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yes, they're the visuals from the opening credits, but who's to say that Fincher didn't "direct" where the focus should be? Remember, the video features closely cropped visuals from the credits. It's not that unlikely that Fincher guided the people in charge of making the video. Sure, he may not have directed it in the traditional sense, but who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sure he guided: ‘CG, very adult, super dark, leather, skin, blood, snow, breasts, vaginas, needles, piercings, motorcycles, vengeance.’ (c)

but the music video isn`t just cropped, it`s cropped, alternatively edited and CRT-effected

so, you assert that music video was too made by the same people and under fincher`s guidance, only because it`s so like the opening sequence and pitchfork said so?
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-16-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    but the music video isn`t just cropped, it`s cropped, alternatively edited and CRT-effected

so, you assert that music video was too made by the same people and under fincher`s guidance, only because it`s so like the opening sequence and pitchfork said so?
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it. I don't see any reason for them to hide the fact that someone else did it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    sure he guided: ‘CG, very adult, super dark, leather, skin, blood, snow, breasts, vaginas, needles, piercings, motorcycles, vengeance.’ (c)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it. I don't see any reason for them to hide the fact that someone else did it.
    it's like when someone directs a movie...other people still work on it doing various things, but the director is still the director.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's like when someone directs a movie...other people still work on it doing various things, but the director is still the director.
    Exactly. I'm not saying Fincher did the whole thing by himself, but he technically directed it and is created as doing so. End of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it.
    where i can see him credited with directing it?
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Oh, hey there ppl arguing over who did what on the video this thread is NOT about, why don't you go take a brisk walk outside for a bit?