Thread: The Loop Closes (video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think this work of [mostly] rob is inspired by this [partly] work of trent:

and that creepy "the ring" video cassete, of course
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-15-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    i think this work of [mostly] rob is inspired by this [partly] work of trent:
    well, that video was directed by david fincher, right? as it's basically the opening credits of the film?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i guess ninwiki (and pitchfork) are spreading a little misinformation about this

in one of post-realease girl with a dragon tattoo fincher interviews he said (about trent) something like "he was very enthusiastic to do that music video" or something like that. unfortunately, i couldn`t find the proof link, but it engrained in my memory

the truth is - fincher didn`t directed opening credits for the film. there`s specially trained people for that

and if you turn the logic on taking into account all the above, fincher`s presumably being busy with the film realease and the CRT effect, i think it`s pretty obvious, that it`s not fincher, who`s responsible for immigrant`s song video
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    i guess ninwiki (and pitchfork) are spreading a little misinformation about this

in one of post-realease girl with a dragon tattoo fincher interviews he said (about trent) something like "he was very enthusiastic to do that music video" or something like that. unfortunately, i couldn`t find the proof link, but it engrained in my memory

the truth is - fincher didn`t directed opening credits for the film. there`s specially trained people for that

and if you turn the logic on taking into account all the above, fincher`s presumably being busy with the film realease and the CRT effect, i think it`s pretty obvious, that it`s not fincher, who`s responsible for immigrant`s song video
    So if there are specially trained people for that and you turn the logic on... what makes you think Trent Reznor would even partly be responsible for creating the visuals for the opening of a $90 million Hollywood film? Isn't it more logical that, even if Fincher did use the words "music video," that he just meant the music? If I remember correctly, Fincher made a special request for the cover of this song specifically for the opening sequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what makes you think Trent Reznor would even partly be responsible for creating the visuals for the opening of a $90 million Hollywood film?
    where i`d say that?

you`re confusing visuals for the opening with music video, which are not the same, if you look closely enough