Page 247 of 263 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I mean this should go in the WTF thread...but there isn't one.

I get a number of people now asking for drawings (note i have on my bio's i'm not taken commissions yet, but i still get people asking for drawings for free, not a "of this would be a cool idea" more "hey draw me this very specific thing for free" and that annoys me no end) but the one i just got is ultimate WHAT THE ATCUAL FUCK.

From Tumblr, from someone i have NEVER interacted with, off the back of a drawing that contains NONE of the below...
    "amazing! can you draw a young bald, blind and limbless elf girl next"

...what? WHAT?! I don't wanna kink shame here but WHAT THE HELL?!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Couldn't stop laughing at 00:38 mark of this video.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post

I get a number of people now asking for drawings (note i have on my bio's i'm not taken commissions yet, but i still get people asking for drawings for free, not a "of this would be a cool idea" more "hey draw me this very specific thing for free" and that annoys me no end) but the one i just got is ultimate WHAT THE ATCUAL FUCK.

From Tumblr, from someone i have NEVER interacted with, off the back of a drawing that contains NONE of the below...
    "amazing! can you draw a young bald, blind and limbless elf girl next"

...what? WHAT?! I don't wanna kink shame here but WHAT THE HELL?!
    This reminds me of that notion of human behaviour wherein every possible horrendous thing you can imagine has been carried out at least one point in time throughout history. Reading that is scary.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post

I get a number of people now asking for drawings
    I always thought "Haysey" was a joke version of "hayseed:" like, as in, a country boy.
    When you added "draws," I thought it was a joke southern version of "DRAWERS," as in pants, or underwear.
    So, yeah, I've been reading it as Hayseed Drawers this whole time. And, no, I am NOT joking.

That being said, I had a dream about a Japanese girl who morphed into a tiger, and, THEN, changed to Pure Spirit.
    I, myself, had the consciousness of a SLOOOOWLY moving interconnected bit of mobile plant matter, wherein each blade of grass could communicate with all the other blades.
    We were inching towards the Mike Pence residence, and meeting up.with the ethereal tiger spirit, so that, together, we could let Pence know that he CAN'T beat trump at ALL, but, ESPECIALLY not if he continues to say that the election was secure.
    Mrs. Pence came out, and I changed from sentient fauna, to.a.human being,.but, I was extremely thirsty. Pence offered me a cherry coke: the transformation had left.me dehydrated.
    The tiger girl was srill nearby, and everyone could see each other's auras.

So, you shouldn't have a hard time drawing THAT, right?

(PS: the Hayseed Drawers bit was NOT a joke.. Also, the dream was 100% real. The joke.was asking you to.draw it.)
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-09-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I always thought "Haysey" was a joke version of "hayseed:" like, as in, a country boy.
    When you added "draws," I thought it was a joke southern version of "DRAWERS," as in pants, or underwear.
    So, yeah, I've been reading it as Hayseed Drawers this whole time. And, no, I am NOT joking.

That being said, I had a dream about a Japanese girl who morphed into a tiger, and, THEN, changed to Pure Spirit.
    I, myself, had the consciousness of a SLOOOOWLY moving interconnected bit of mobile plant matter, wherein each blade of grass could communicate with all the other blades.
    We were inching towards the Mike Pence residence, and meeting up.with the ethereal tiger spirit, so that, together, we could let Pence know that he CAN'T beat trump at ALL, but, ESPECIALLY not if he continues to say that the election was secure.
    Mrs. Pence came out, and I changed from sentient fauna, to.a.human being,.but, I was extremely thirsty. Pence offered me a cherry coke: the transformation had left.me dehydrated.
    The tiger girl was srill nearby, and everyone could see each other's auras.

So, you shouldn't have a hard time drawing THAT, right?

(PS: the Hayseed Drawers bit was NOT a joke.. Also, the dream was 100% real. The joke.was asking you to.draw it.)
    That doesn't surprise me (the name not the dream!) streamers RARELY pronounce it anywhere close to what it is, it should be Hazy but i spelt it as my last name is spelt so it throws EVERYONE...the draws is a new one though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    This reminds me of that notion of human behaviour wherein every possible horrendous thing you can imagine has been carried out at least one point in time throughout history. Reading that is scary.
    The rabbit hole that is internet art is just that! Did you know there's an entire community of people that just get people to draw them Sonic characters heavily pregnant and in sexual positions? It's a real thing...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I’m on hour 15 of no power in STL, CRAZY storms last night took out 50,000+ people. A branch fell on my car and put a pretty respectable dent on the side of it, and I haven’t been able to take a shower yet.

my nuts stink, yall.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I don't know about pissed off but when i was out the other day, i saw someone in a Manson hoodie and i just felt completely disgusted by it.

Nothing i could really do about that of course, just keep on walking. I'm obviously not going to confront someone and tell them what they should or shouldn't wear (or even listen to) but I'll be damned if i wasn't at least curious about whether they had any idea or cared at all about what that piece of shit has been up to. Plus i can't assume the exact reasons why they would be wearing anything at all really, maybe a friend was loaning it to them. Who knows.

Just one of those irksome feelings i wasn't expecting to have as soon as i saw it. I should probably realize that I'll still see shit like that floating around, his merch and albums aren't just going to dematerialize overnight.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I don't know about pissed off but when i was out the other day, i saw someone in a Manson hoodie and i just felt completely disgusted by it.

Nothing i could really do about that of course, just keep on walking. I'm obviously not going to confront someone and tell them what they should or shouldn't wear (or even listen to) but I'll be damned if i wasn't at least curious about whether they had any idea or cared at all about what that piece of shit has been up to. Plus i can't assume the exact reasons why they would be wearing anything at all really, maybe a friend was loaning it to them. Who knows.

Just one of those irksome feelings i wasn't expecting to have as soon as i saw it. I should probably realize that I'll still see shit like that floating around, his merch and albums aren't just going to dematerialize overnight.
    Yeah, dude, I mean, I'd guess that A PRETTY sizable chunk of his casual listeners have no idea what's going on. I wouldn't venture to guess that it'd be the MAJORITY, but, there are a lot of people who just don't really concern themselves with the lives and news of even their favorite bands. They just buy the new album when it comes out, and maybe catch a show now and then. Some of these people are WAY too busy working and raising kids to keep up.

And then, SOME people are too "cool/punk rock" to keep up. one of my old friends once told me he never had, and never would, look a band up on the internet. He thought the idea was utterly laughable.

Or, for instance, I met a guy at the train station, dressed all in black, with Eraser blasting from his headphones. This dude was obviously NIN bred and fed, so I decided to strike up a conversation: favorite band since Broken, obsessed ever since, etc.
    This was right after Wave Goodbye. I told him about Wave Goodbye, and he looked at me like I'd shot his dog. He had NO idea about any of the "final show/hiatus" vibes going on.

And, to your point about "maybe somebody loaned it to him," dude, I can't tell you how many people I've seen in band shirts and said "Oh, so you're a xxxxx fan?" And they look at me, baffled, and say "who? What? What's that?"

Finally, I'll stop playing devil's advocate, and concede that, yes, this dude might know ALL about it, and, either think it's all lies, or that it's "cool." And, that's a bold fucking maneuver. THAT would make him a real asshole.

I have three MJ shirts, and I DON'T believe he's guilty (and I will not argue about that, here,) BUT, I've not worn said shirts outside the house since that docuseries, as I don't want people who believe it to think I'm like, openly supporting paedophilia.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-12-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quite a few of my rock friends had no idea about Manson.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    for as ubiquitous as the Internet is in our lives, it always amazes me when a huge piece of news is missed by people. I mean good on them for not being as connected as people usually are now, but also I'm interested in the size of their rock house.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I’m on hour 15 of no power in STL, CRAZY storms last night took out 50,000+ people. A branch fell on my car and put a pretty respectable dent on the side of it, and I haven’t been able to take a shower yet.

my nuts stink, yall.
    Extra vinagerry?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple . thelastdisciple pisses me off.

Also, check THIS shit out. I've recently gotten into watches- not like Rolex and shit, obviously, but just like Timex and Casio. Hell, you can get a nice one for like $25 and an INCREDIBLE one for $100-$150, and everything in between.
    Well, on ebay, I bid on this STYLISH ass analog Timex Expedition (I think) that is about $60 new. There were several days left, and I damn sure didn't think I would win: I'd only bid $11.
    Sure enough, I won it, and it came in the mail today, and it's PRETTY: leather strap, analog quartz motion, whole face lights up when you press the little dial button, and a tiny little window that shows the day of the month, in physical clockwork fashion. I was there to collect it the MINUTE the post office opened. I was SO happy with this stylish watch.

So, I set it, at like 8 am. I looked at it around 10, and IT SAID 9:30.

The damn thing doesn't keep time. Also, the back of it is like, hermetically.sealed or something- I'd have to take it to a jeweler to find out if it's the battery or the spring.
    And to top it all off, when I requested a refund, it was granted IMMEDIATELY: like, this seller KNOWS a bunch of his watches don't work.

First world problems, but that thing seriously broke my heart today.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-13-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    for as ubiquitous as the Internet is in our lives, it always amazes me when a huge piece of news is missed by people. I mean good on them for not being as connected as people usually are now, but also I'm interested in the size of their rock house.
    Haha, that's me a lot of the time.
    After 12 hours of work I just want to get my shitty to do's done, go for my runs, order in some food and crack a bottle of wine. I figure if WW III happened and nuclear bombs dropped from the sky, I'd notice soon enough by Germany's sirens howling. Plus... I'd just take my food and wine to the balcony and watch the shitshow from there.

No, no time to keep up with all the shit going on these days.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Haha, that's me a lot of the time.
    After 12 hours of work I just want to get my shitty to do's done, go for my runs, order in some food and crack.
    sounds reasonable to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    There still are loads of people with no time, or that are out in the world to party, work, live, travel, and maintain a family. The internet is just good at making us believe that everybody and anybody is constantly online and reading the news non-stop. The Manson ordeal barely made any news over here. A small article, a mention... and gone. Out of sight.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    There still are loads of people with no time, or that are out in the world to party, work, live, travel, and maintain a family. The internet is just good at making us believe that everybody and anybody is constantly online and reading the news non-stop. The Manson ordeal barely made any news over here. A small article, a mention... and gone. Out of sight.
    This is, to be fair, absolutely true. I'm disabled, and don't work. I get into political discussions with my hard working friends, and, MOST of the time, they certainly aren't aware of the latest bit of news.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "24/7 call support"

We're sorry, but we can't currently look at your bill, can you call us back in about 90 minutes?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Accident on the highway took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to work this morning.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Follow up: I told Bell to just cut my service and I'll pay out the contract... and they kissed my ass hardcore. Waived service charges, 1/4 the cost of data upgrades.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ..when your landlord phones you out of bed on Saturday morning, first day into my precious week off work, because he "forgot to tell you that he had viewings scheduled for the day..starting NOW".

It'll be such a relief when this whole moving chaos is over.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My roommate accidentally left a pound of frozen fish meant for dog food (so it's already smelly to begin with) out of the freezer in the basement for almost a week. :|

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Creep (Very 2021 Rmx)
    44.1kHz · 24bit
    1 TRACK · 9 MINUTES
    $2.98
    not even true hi-res and three dollars for one track. wtf.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It took them exactly one and a half days into my week off work to call me with the first emergency.
    Ah, I should really push for more money..

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    It took them exactly one and a half days into my week off work to call me with the first emergency.
    Ah, I should really push for more money..
    Do it. I demand you do it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just got a raise earlier this year. Maybe I should go for a car
    Or more days off, that I never get anyways. Wheeee!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    .. when you're at the restaurant and the guy at the table next to yours is paying for his date and the tip is rounding up to the nearest whole dollar.. ouch

I would have died of embarrassment, left a couple bills at the table when heading out and ghosted the guy for good.
    Or maybe it would be better to tell him? Is it even worth the trouble? People never cease to amaze me in all the wrong kind of ways.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    .. when you're at the restaurant and the guy at the table next to yours is paying for his date and the tip is rounding up to the nearest whole dollar.. ouch

I would have died of embarrassment, left a couple bills at the table when heading out and ghosted the guy for good.
    Or maybe it would be better to tell him? Is it even worth the trouble? People never cease to amaze me in all the wrong kind of ways.
    But you're in Europe? The tipping culture isn't as prevalent? Generally I always tipped 10-15% in Europe, 5% in the UK (because it isn't expected), and 20-25% in the US because I know how unfair the system is here.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    But you're in Europe? The tipping culture isn't as prevalent? Generally I always tipped 10-15% in Europe, 5% in the UK (because it isn't expected), and 20-25% in the US because I know how unfair the system is here.

Yup, but even here 10% is expected. It's a lot of minimum wage jobs and these people live off tip money.
    Besides... I'm just embarrassed how people are going out for dinner, willing to spend 50-100 bucks, but when it comes to tipping it's rounding up to the next whole dollar? Seriously..?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yup, but even here 10% is expected. It's a lot of minimum wage jobs and these people live off tip money.
    Besides... I'm just embarrassed how people are going out for dinner, willing to spend 50-100 bucks, but when it comes to tipping it's rounding up to the next whole dollar? Seriously..?
    My general rule of thumb in the UK is to round up to the nearest 10, and as i only ever go to Wagamama's or Nando's where i'm spending £20-30 they nearly always get a good amount (if it's hitting 18-19 i normally just throw a fiver in)