Page 148 of 263 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yes it is. Some people work late shifts, swing shifts (trying to SLEEP), some are studying for tests, some don't like YOUR music, etc. It's fucking annoying and when it's happened to me, I wanted to go to that person's apartment and shoot them in the fucking head and watch their brains splatter onto the wall. Get some headphones or go buy a house. I am very passionate about my music, too, but when I lived in apartments I was conscious that others were not passionate about MY music as they were about theirs and, hey, I'M LIVING IN A FUCKING APARTMENT, NOT A HOUSE. Apartments are not anywhere near soundproof. Why didn't they knock on your door? Gee, a few times my neighbors and I tried that with this one guy, he told us to go fuck ourselves and then he turned it LOUDER. So then we just started calling the Chicago cops. So, yeah, being passionate about your music and playing it loudly in multi-family housing means you're forgetting you live in multi-family housing, and you're going to get evicted. It's important to realize, at all times, that you're living in multi-family housing. I grew up in multi-family housing, so I instinctively WALK SOFTLY because I grew up walking on the 2nd floor.
    I guess I can see it from both angles. My upstairs neighbors annoy the shit out of me because I have a tendency to work weekends, and they have a tendency to party until around 2-3 AM while talking at full volume about complete bullshit. I guess part of me is annoyed that they're getting away with it. Anyways, I've turned all the noise in my apartment WAAAAAY down. If I feel the need to blast some music, I'm either popping in my earbuds and going for a walk or I'm taking a drive.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I guess I can see it from both angles. My upstairs neighbors annoy the shit out of me because I have a tendency to work weekends, and they have a tendency to party until around 2-3 AM while talking at full volume about complete bullshit. I guess part of me is annoyed that they're getting away with it. Anyways, I've turned all the noise in my apartment WAAAAAY down. If I feel the need to blast some music, I'm either popping in my earbuds and going for a walk or I'm taking a drive.
    Then COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM, TOO! Although, talking all night isn't really the same as playing the stereo at full volume. Walls and floors are far too thin in these apartments. A friend of mine had a neighbor incessantly bitch that she had her TV on too late at night. Wtf. She didn't even have it up LOUDLY, she just had it ON and the neighbor didn't like it. But my friend is a night owl, can't sleep. It's a CONDO, too, so they aren't even renting, they own. Wtf.

Dude, if you can afford it, invest in some really good headphones; that's what I did when I lived in a Chicago apartment. In fact, I listened to "Broken" through those headphones when it was released. LOUDLY.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-25-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Then COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM, TOO! Although, talking all night isn't really the same as playing the stereo at full volume. Walls and floors are far too thin in these apartments. A friend of mine had a neighbor incessantly bitch that she had her TV on too late at night. Wtf. She didn't even have it up LOUDLY, she just had it ON and the neighbor didn't like it. But my friend is a night owl, can't sleep. It's a CONDO, too, so they aren't even renting, they own. Wtf.

Dude, if you can afford it, invest in some really good headphones; that's what I did when I lived in a Chicago apartment. In fact, I listened to "Broken" through those when it was released. LOUDLY.
    I actually should grow up and get myself a house already :P

I'm not even allowed pets here, and I'm dying to get a dog.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Having an argiment with my wife about stupid nonsense.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    Having an argiment with my wife about stupid nonsense.
    Harden the fuck up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Yuk, sorry you had to go through that.
    I wish more dudes would read Plato on Socrates and self-control. It's one of his best points. What kind of decent human beings can we possibly hope to be if we can't control our impulses?
    I think it is pretty telling of our culture that I am more upset about a friendship ending than I am about someone violating my space, consent, and body.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    As for music and neighbours, for me it does not even have to be loud, but we know how easily the sub frequencies go through everything, and constant dum-dum, which you can almost more feel than hear, is capable to drive me crazy. Also depends on the building itself, one temporary work flat in Germany must have been specifically designed to make things bad, once I collected courage to find which flat it is thinking they must have some crazy subwoofer - no, the woman just had small stereo, and not even loud. But, I am starting to build my house this year anyway, and the main reasons are I want to listen to speakers again, be able to play music anytime I want (now I am afraid even the synth keystrokes with using headphones are too loud), and I want a dog. ;-) But not everyone is sensitive to these sounds things.

And something that pisses me off... maybe recent election results, again. People should pass some IQ test before voting, and use as many points as they gained in the test. Not human? Of course, but shut up. ;-) Or just let me do the results, it will also be much cheaper. ;-) Also, how expensively and slowly is our (Slovak) highway system growing up, people/politicians wasting tons of our money should have some legal responsibility, ffs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Also... some couple in this building is arguing loudly every day, smashing the doors etc, and I even do not know where it is coming from, or what is the topic. ;-) Just finally get divorce or kill each other or something, this is giving me erectile dysfunction.

Also: searching ETS is pissing me off. How the fuck to search for e.g. "Depeche Mode" or this thread? Nobody knows. No, advanced search does not help neither. UPDATE: Aha, searching just in the title helps in this case.
    Last edited by Substance242; 03-27-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Having a friend of yours give you a fucking lecture on why you didn't get a job that was really looking like a good prospect... recommending that you read a fucking book about presenting yourself. Dude, if I got rejected for the job because I "didn't even wear a button up shirt!!!!?" to my Skype interview, then fuck it, but even if you're right shut the fuck up for a goddamn second and clutch your pearls elsewhere right now. I am not in the fucking mood.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    People being shitty about Facebook event invites. Look, I'm not saying I'm not guilty of this occasionally, but I try not to be and am just fine with being called out on it.

I made a small-ish event for a bowling get together for tomorrow. I created the event a couple of weeks ago, and basically just invited one of my friend groups. I hadn't seen the people in a while, thought it would be nice. About half of the people who receive invites actually rsvp/respond in any way, and all but two of those people RSVP as "Maybe." This Friday rolls around, no change or update (I wanted to do this on Monday but gave everyone hella advance notice). I make a post asking what people's status is, no response. Today I checked in with the one person who is not my roommate who'd RSVP'd as yes, since I'm leaning towards canceling. That person tells me they got laid off last week, which sucks, so no go. So I cancel.

But like, I honestly think it's really inconsiderate to not update me on your status. This isn't some giant event, it's a small get together, and my using Facebook as a medium of inviting you (because it's the best way to do it) does not exempt you from acting like a jerk and leaving me hanging on plans I'd wanted to make.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    all the rye chips in my store bought chex mix.
    rot in hell you lousy filler poop discs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That awkward moment when 9 years later, you find out your ex cheated on her most recent boyfriend with the same person she cheated on you with. And they're now engaged, but apparently talking to yet another person.
    I haven't even given a thought to my ex for almost a decade, but finding out about this just, holy hell, I hate cheaters. Twice as much since my fiance was also cheated on by 2 of his exes.
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANOTHER PERSON, HAVE THE FUCKING DECENCY TO LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU'RE ALREADY IN.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    That awkward moment when 9 years later, you find out your ex cheated on her most recent boyfriend with the same person she cheated on you with. And they're now engaged, but apparently talking to yet another person.
    I haven't even given a thought to my ex for almost a decade, but finding out about this just, holy hell, I hate cheaters. Twice as much since my fiance was also cheated on by 2 of his exes.
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANOTHER PERSON, HAVE THE FUCKING DECENCY TO LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU'RE ALREADY IN.
    exes are exes for a reason.
    stop letting human nature appall you. it's an unnecessary headache.

there shouldn't be anything awkward about a nine YEAR old relationship. live and let live...or die, it's not your concern anymore.
    Last edited by ldopa; 04-04-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Got a $180 fine in the mail for doing 51km in a 40km school zone.

Also 2 demerit points on my licence. I've never had demerit points before, fucking annoyed.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Also: searching ETS is pissing me off. How the fuck to search for e.g. "Depeche Mode" or this thread? Nobody knows. No, advanced search does not help neither. UPDATE: Aha, searching just in the title helps in this case.
    This is exactly why I've been using Google whenever it came to forum searches most of the time. Granted, I could still admit that it would be far more convenient and efficient if you didn't have to step out of the forum a bit just to search for stuff in the forum. Anyway, Google still just works like a charm, which is to be expected anyway.

https://www.google.com/#q=www.echoin...g+Depeche+Mode
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-09-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Domestic beers are two for one!

Great, I'll have a Victory Hop Devil.
    Sorry, that's not domestic.

It's made one state over...
    Sorry, it's not a domestic beer.

Okay, how about a Southern Tier 2XIPA?
    Nope, not domestic either.

Okay, what is "domestic"?
    Well we've got Bud, Molson, La....

No, stop right there. Canadian beer is "domestic," but a beer made two hours away in the same state isn't?
    (shrugs)

Okay, forget it.

Bars: BUY A GODDAMN DICTIONARY

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    when my "gentleman of leisure" roommate is not considerate of the fact that i've been up since 6am and have been on my feet all day. i'm not spiteful of his fortune, but it would be nice if he turned the TV down, especially since he's about to slip into a coma in front of it.

such is life though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Passive aggressive relatives that try to tell me how I have to do my job.
    The only thing better than this is when they come up to me and ask for something to eat.
    I like working at an hospital but I really hate stupid relatives and patients who ignore the fact that we are 2 nurses and we have to take care of 30 patients.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    When a band gains traction who just so happens to have a female member and immediately a bunch of idiot dudes talk about how they want to fuck her.

dumb

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    No no no!, I just commented on a Facebook news post, damn!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Someone on Twitter is interrogating me over my profile picture of my sister's cat ffs !!! He is family! I give up

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my old best friend (who hasn't spoken to me since 2010 when he kicked me out of our band right before we were supposed to release our album that i mixed) just randomly messaged me on facebook today.

i've been trying to be considerate and have an actual conversation with him, but at the same time, my stomach feels like it's going to explode and part of me just wants to type FUCK YOU over and over and over. when he ended our friendship, it was like a breakup. it was horrible. 2010 was the worst year of my life and that was a fairly significant part of it.

i don't really know what to do, here. i'm basically a completely different person than i was then, so part of me is like "it's fine, you don't have to be best friends again, you're just having a conversation" but the part of me that has held on to how awful i felt for so long is just...infuriated right now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My Kobe-hating friends. Timing, guys, timing.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    sick for a week, fever, bronchitis, a river of bloody phlegm: been feeling like the sarlacc
    on the mend now but still waiting for the turning point
    at least I've been getting to watch some good netflix: lots of Marilyn Monroe films, Muriel's Wedding, United States of Tara

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    To hell with them.
    Every shot Kobe Bryant ever took. All 30,699 of them

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ree drummond, a.k.a. the pioneer woman.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my old best friend (who hasn't spoken to me since 2010 when he kicked me out of our band right before we were supposed to release our album that i mixed) just randomly messaged me on facebook today.

i've been trying to be considerate and have an actual conversation with him, but at the same time, my stomach feels like it's going to explode and part of me just wants to type FUCK YOU over and over and over. when he ended our friendship, it was like a breakup. it was horrible. 2010 was the worst year of my life and that was a fairly significant part of it.

i don't really know what to do, here. i'm basically a completely different person than i was then, so part of me is like "it's fine, you don't have to be best friends again, you're just having a conversation" but the part of me that has held on to how awful i felt for so long is just...infuriated right now.
    i say let it out. get rid of the resentment by letting him know how much he hurt you. if he listens and responds by acknowledging it, THEN you can have a conversation.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    this is all i know about kobe bryant other than the fact that he's a basketball player, and that makes me hate him.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    this is all i know about kobe bryant other than the fact that he's a basketball player, and that makes me hate him.
    Yep, I've been like, keeping it off of friends' statuses, but yep.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Yep, I've been like, keeping it off of friends' statuses, but yep.
    Thank you for refraining and not being a part of the group of people that pissed me off so much, I had to change my privacy settings and post in here.