Page 146 of 263 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    fucking goddamn alcohol.
    i KNOW i can't drink, but i've been trying it lately.
    i'll drink wine for like 2 days, and then say "well, that was fucked up. i won't be trying THAT shit again!"

and then i do. at least it isn't liquor, but it will be if i'm not careful.

why can't it just leave me alone?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    fucking goddamn alcohol.
    i KNOW i can't drink, but i've been trying it lately.
    i'll drink wine for like 2 days, and then say "well, that was fucked up. i won't be trying THAT shit again!"

and then i do. at least it isn't liquor, but it will be if i'm not careful.

why can't it just leave me alone?
    can't qualify wine man. alcohol is alcohol.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    can't qualify wine man. alcohol is alcohol.
    very true,
    i HAVE to not fuck with it. it's playing with fire and will lead me straight back to a hell i never wanted to see again
    No more.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A coworker I have become friends with was a victim of domestic violence last night. Got 4 staples in her head. Her and her now ex had broken up a few days ago and she has been in the process of trying to move out. There was some kind of blow up last night.

I'm pissed. I was entertaining the thought of driving over there and smashing the fucker's face but I quickly realized I'm almost 37 and that I need to act like an adult and NOT do the same violent thing that my friend had just endured. It's so weird...that knee jerk tendency. What I really want is justice/consequences. I already told her a couple of days ago I am here for anything she needs. I am not sure there's anything else I can do other than be supportive.

She needs to get out of there now and press charges on the spineless douche.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-05-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Waited in line for about 3.5 hours to visit my friend. Couldn't go in because I can't get my nose piercings out. Would have been rad for them to tell me that at one of the checkpoints I made it through.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Waited in line for about 3.5 hours to visit my friend. Couldn't go in because I can't get my nose piercings out. Would have been rad for them to tell me that at one of the checkpoints I made it through.
    visit your friend where? what kind of place doesn't let you in because of nose rings?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Jail barge.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol, imagine if it were clit rings

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I have a non-visible piercing... They don't give a shit about that. Just can't have any visible jewelry besides a wedding band and a religious necklace.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Jail barge.
    Barge???????

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Figures Ed Koch had something to do with it. :|

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    This bit makes me smile, though.

Prior to 2002, an inmate tried to escape from the prison's recreation area by climbing the 30-foot fence equipped with razor wire. The guards' uniform boots prevented them from climbing the fence in pursuit, so they threw basketballs at the inmate to stop his escape, but he was able to successfully climb over it. He dove into the East River, where he was promptly picked up and returned by a police watercraft that was dispatched to the scene.
    You really thought throwing basketballs at him would stop him? REALLY?!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I do freelance photography for a local newspaper. Got a new editor today, who is taking a slightly new approach. Instead of contacting me with the week's assignments, she e-mails me and their other freelance photographer at a random time she has chosen and basically says "here are the events for the week, you two decide who is doing what and then let me know".
    So, it's basically first-come first-serve freelance battle royale, whoever is lucky enough to check their e-mail first can get a few hundred dollars worth of assignments and leave the other person with a check so low that being a paper delivery boy would pay more.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife has a quarterly meeting at work where she used to just have to take notes, but is now (and has been for the last couple) in charge of setting up and running it. i used to have to get her there at 7am (she works at the field museum of natural history here in chicago; public transportation takes about an hour and a half from our apartment), but since she sets up and runs them now, it's 6am. which means getting up around now (5:30am, though she's been out of bed since 5am and awake since 3am) and leaving 10 minutes later (it takes almost no time to drive there when there's absolutely no traffic).

her job makes her miserable enough, but this meeting just sends her over the edge. and it sure doesn't make me feel good, either.

(to preempt the question, no she can't drive herself because we only have one car, i'm cat-sitting in a nearby town right now, and even if i wasn't, she almost never drives, so making her do something super stressful on her way to something even more stressful would be a super dick move)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    after sheap had those seizures last month, she left with an antiepileptic, but the neurology appt isn't until march 16.
    so she ran out of meds. (this is fucking terrifying because she's already had ANOTHER grand mal or tonic clonic or whatever the fuck they are calling the bit where you scream and flop and foam at the mouth these days.)
    at any rate, the hospital failed to write her a refill. the discharge papers said to call for a refill, but the request was ignored.
    so i called the ONE local redneck ass clinic in this psuedo town to make an appointment, and when i told them the reason, that she just needed a few days worth of a common, non narcotic drug, the lady was like WHOA, WHOA MOTHERFUCKER! I don't think so! (like we were asking for a morphine pump or some shit.) They insisted on ALL of her hospital records. And everyone i talked to was insanely rude.
    So i went to the hospital 90 miles away to try to get her records, but didn't make it in time. Then i went to the redneck clinic yesterday morning and got a release form, brought it back here for sheap to sign, then took it back to the clinic and she has an appointment today. (i was scared to take her in the car on any of these trips.)
    I swear to god, if the hospital didn't fax those records, i'm gonna go fucking sideways.

Long story short, my wife is having very violent, damaging seizures. Remember, she had to be care flighted to the fucking hospital, stayed there for some days, and had all manner of tests including an eeg with 20 something leads on her head and a video camera filming her for hours.
    But once she got out of the hospital, nobody seems to give a fuck. They are making me jump through fucking hoops to get a small amount of a very fucking innocuous anti seizure medicine.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-10-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    sorry for double post, but while i'm in this ranting mode, i would also like to allow this:
    Donald Trump said that Islam "hates us." Does he not realize that a significant proportion of "us" practice Islam? What in the fuck does he mean by "us?"

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He means "Christian" straight white fat old I mean orange men. I put "Christian" in quote marks because I have reservations about whether El Drumpfo worship$ any other god apart from money and power.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Online elitists who subtly talk shit to or about you. You know, facebook "cool" guys and the like.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Online elitists who subtly talk shit to or about you. You know, facebook "cool" guys and the like.
    *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

fuck them. you have your own mountains to conquer, and you don't have time for their shit. do your thing.
    facebook equals hippocampal mush. go to the water. *drunk*
    Last edited by ldopa; 03-12-2016 at 03:20 AM. Reason: old people rambling

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That stale scent of cheep cigarettes that clings to your sinuses and your everything after you hang out with someone who smokes, despite the fact that you don't. It's like having fresh ass stuck in my head for a day after.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    someone I know just posted this on the interwebs, and I'm really unsure how to process this...

"We deff don't need a chick running for president (not to be rude) so might as well start feelin' the Bern!"

And just to be clear, this guy's NOT making a cleverly sardonic statement in any way. That's impossible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    No new lease at my apartment. Granted I've been late with rent a few times. I still usually pay the next day after cut off with late fee, because I'm a total space case.
    It is at the end if my lease so there's that but I still wasn't planning on moving.
    It's probably for the best for reasons I'm not gonna get into here but still...

"Cash rules everything around me." ...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hillary Clinton

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    When you wear glasses and you just washed your hands and realized you need to splash some water on your face too... you then proceed to wipe your hands just to take the glasses off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wrong use of words "concrete" and "actual" instead of e.g. "specific" and "current". Come on, peoples! ;-)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Wrong use of words "concrete" and "actual" instead of e.g. "specific" and "current". Come on, peoples! ;-)
    False friends?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i found lead paint in our kitchen (bought a testing kit) where the paint is chipping off our cabinets/drawers all the time. it's also pretty likely there's some throughout the apartment. we weren't planning on moving for a few years (great location, good amount of space, we've been here almost four years so we've nested, rent is affordable) but now we're wondering if we should. but most of the apartments for rent around here are much more expensive than ours, and it would actually be more affordable to BUY A CONDO. the problem with that is that we're not prepared at all to do it right now. but right now is probably the best time for us to apply for a mortgage while my wife is still at the job she hates, because it's a very stable income. so we're between a rock and a hard place and we don't know what to do. : /

p.s. our landlord is great and she is coming to check it out on monday and then take steps from there. we're hoping that the kitchen is the biggest problem and that she'll just remove all our cabinets/drawers/counter and put in new ones since the kitchen is the one part of our place we really don't like.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    from what I know is that lead paint isn't a huge issue unless there are toddlers or pets because they are prone to eating things like chipping paint. still not cool though

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    from what I know is that lead paint isn't a huge issue unless there are toddlers or pets because they are prone to eating things like chipping paint. still not cool though
    we're planning on having a kid some time soon, so...that's what spurred this whole thing.

we haven't really told anyone yet, except, hilariously, our landlord.