Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder when HTDA are going to explain why this isn't on CD? LOTS of people have been complaining on the various pages I've seen, looks like not everyone is a techphile

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wonder when HTDA are going to explain why this isn't on CD? LOTS of people have been complaining on the various pages I've seen, looks like not everyone is a techphile
    It is really strange but nevermind. I've only recently joined the MP3 era but still quite like cd's. Probably get the vinyl if they release a combo download/vinyl in one package sort of thing. Reeeeeally dig the artwork. It'd be nice to have it round the house

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I just kinda see it as a way to cut down on costs and increase profits because the EP seems more like a promotional tool than a full release, while still throwing a bone to the obsessed collectors. Or maybe Trent has decided that he's done with dumb reflective discs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Dario asked Rob if we should wait before we preorder the EP on amazon and Rob says probably yes: https://twitter.com/dariocotti/statu...14692577677312

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Looks like Dario asked Rob if we should wait before we preorder the EP on amazon and Rob says probably yes: https://twitter.com/dariocotti/statu...14692577677312
    yeah that was me. I was already going to checkout on amazon, then I canceled everything. I wasn't expecting an answer.

I'm listening Telepathe new remix "Destroyer" by Trent, Alessandro and Atticus. To be honest, I like it more than 'Keep it together' but, hey, I'm a bit off topic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I just kinda see it as a way to cut down on costs and increase profits because the EP seems more like a promotional tool than a full release, while still throwing a bone to the obsessed collectors. Or maybe Trent has decided that he's done with dumb reflective discs.
    I thought it wasn't coming out on CD because it is on Columbia and major labels are abandoning the format (for the most part) this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On already a few listens, I have to say that I am digging the track. It's very space-y. It's best to listen to it on headphones. Soak in most of the nuances.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe they'll follow the same pattern as the first EP, as in release one song to keep us interested (A Drowning / Keep It Together), then a few days before the EP hits they'll release a "proper" single with its video (Space In Between / ???)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Maybe they'll follow the same pattern as the first EP, as in release one song to keep us interested (A Drowning / Keep It Together), then a few days before the EP hits they'll release a "proper" single with its video (Space In Between / ???)
    I had a similar thought, but they have all been calling it a single: https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status/255383568501571584

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't think it sounds like NIN at all. It sounds like some of the stuff Trent and Atticus have done though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure this means nothing, but I decided to check the Wikipedia page for HTDA, and someone wrote that the album is called Welcome Oblivion

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PQHooligan View Post
    I'm sure this means nothing, but I decided to check the Wikipedia page for HTDA, and someone wrote that the album is called Welcome Oblivion
    "someone"

That's about as credible as the other title that was thrown around earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    "someone"

That's about as credible as the other title that was thrown around earlier this year.
    I'm aware, which is why I said it probably means nothing, but now that title is removed, so I guess we'll see...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I personally LOVE it. I'm stoked to FINALLY have new music =)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    To me, the single sounds very Trip hop-ish, maybe it's Mariqueen's voice but it reminded me to Portishead and Massive Attack, that's not a bad thing i dig it a lot!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The album art updated on htda's site is slightly different to the previous one we had, 100 nerd points if you can spot the difference: http://howtodestroyangels.com/img/ht...vinylcover.jpg
    Spoiler: The colour of the font has been greyed out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The album art updated on htda's site is slightly different to the previous one we had, 100 nerd points if you can spot the difference: http://howtodestroyangels.com/img/ht...vinylcover.jpg
    Spoiler: The colour of the font has been greyed out
    Spoiler: Are you saying the new font color has been greyed out? Comparing the new album art to the old one I would say the old one is much more grey, the new font looks almost bluer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Never mind
    Spoiler:
    Album Welcome Oblivion

Keep It Together - 4:25
    The Wake-Up - 1:42
    Too Late, All Gone - 6:14
    We Fade Away - 6:41
    Recursive Self-Improvement - 6:27
    Hallowed Ground - 7:14
    And the Sky Began to Scream - 3:56
    Ice Age - 6:55
    On the Wing - 4:52
    How Long ? - 4:02
    The Loop Closes - 4:50
    Strings and Attractors - 4:28

Last edited by Indefinite_Cure; 10-09-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: major spoilers it would seem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Based on the given tracklist times, the album will total 1:01:50. I believe the information on last.fm is legitimate.
    Last edited by peanoot3; 10-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Hey guys. So, I'm in a bit of a weird spot, in that this info has leaked previously, and I'd scrubbed it.
    It was an unintentional leak, and I know that once information's on the internet, there's no getting it off the internet, but at least use spoiler tags.

Yes, eventually some other music news site will sniff this out and get 'the scoop' on something I've personally known about for a while, but since this is a fan-centered site, if you don't mind, wrap that information in spoiler tags in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Hey guys. So, I'm in a bit of a weird spot, in that this info has leaked previously, and I'd scrubbed it.
    It was an unintentional leak, and I know that once information's on the internet, there's no getting it off the internet, but at least use spoiler tags.

Yes, eventually some other music news site will sniff this out and get 'the scoop' on something I've personally known about for a while, but since this is a fan-centered site, if you don't mind, wrap that information in spoiler tags in the future.
    Sorry! I didn't mean to spoil anything to anyone! I was just excited and digged my way on the internet a bit because I love last.fm and I love the new single. I will use more care next time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is: Ah ha!

Now we wait.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If that's actually the length of the LP, I'd be very pleased.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I fucking hope that one particular track in the middle is Joy Division cover.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Spoiler: I fucking hope that one particular track in the middle is Joy Division cover.
    Spoiler:

I'm really confident it will be. I think they'd shy away from using the same name otherwise, esp. as he's got history covering JD. Looking forward to that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm fucking loving some of those song titles!

I've lost count of how many times I've listened to KIT. So good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Today at Chez Reznor: "Something's gonna get broken!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 10-10-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709

I second that, should be a great story.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I second that, should be a great story.
    Thanks to you eagle-eyed ETS peeps, the tracklisting is old news for us:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/0...vember-amazon/